Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: List: 54 of the total 84 songs played by The Rolling Stones on 2012-2016 tours :you can call rarities
Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 7, 2016 18:52

6 Days on the Road! "A song written by Earl Green and Muscle Shoals Sound Studio songwriter Carl Montgomery, made famous originally by country music singer Dave Dudley"- but I know it through the Burritos version, likely where the Stones picked it up? Regardless, a great song, I had no idea the Stones had ever played it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r83eKV8tUKw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 18:57 by Gaetzi.

Re: List: 54 of the total 84 songs played by The Rolling Stones on 2012-2016 tours :you can call rarities
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 8, 2016 10:41

One of the reasons that the Arena shows appeared to be more varied is that back in 2012-2013 they were playing up to 23 numbers a night. More room to swap around the rare or semi -rare songs. At 18 -19 a night, if you ignore Keith's set you are lucky to see 2 numbers change.

sc uk

Re: List: 54 of the total 84 songs played on 2012-2016 tours :you can call rarities
Date: April 8, 2016 17:21

keefriffhard4life
great work but look at this.

84 different songs played over 91 shows and the band is constantly working together

2015 the remaining members of the grateful dead got together to celebrate the bands 50th anniversary. they played just FIVE shows. all sold out to huge crowds

Over the course of the five shows 81 different songs were performed not including "Drums" and "Space" which were each performed every night. Only two songs, "Truckin'" and "Cumberland Blues", were repeated.

so the rolling stones who didn't have a founding member pass away in over 40 years, play together more, played 86 more concerts, etc only managed to play 3 more songs than the dead played in 5 shows

Yeah, and I would've been pissed if I didn't get either "Dark Star" or "Scarlet Begonias" > "Fire On The Mountain," which means I would've left three of the five shows unhappy...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home