Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Pope asks the Stones to postpone Cuba show 'til after Good Friday.......Stones politely say no......
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 26, 2016 16:38

The Pope should have requested the change of date BEFORE March 24th! I can understand from his perspective not wanting the show to be on Good Friday because Spanish folks are very religious, usually. Mick had to move the date once already because the President was visiting so moving it twice was out of the question. The Cuban fans would have gone crazy with 2 date changes! I'm certain, given the fact that the show was such an incredibly positive experience, all will be forgiven!winking smiley

Re: The Pope asks the Stones to postpone Cuba show 'til after Good Friday.......Stones politely say no......
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 26, 2016 16:48

alimente
Nate
Hey mr Pope
Not everyone believes in your fairytales.
Music has done more good for humanity than religion.

Now move over the stones are in town

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm not exactly a religion defender, but what you say here is not only disrespectful, but downright stupid.

If anything, for some the Stones are a religion too. It all originates from the human desire to follow leaders, what more often than not makes them blind for the world outside their little capsule.

Such a response would not be required if people didn't try to tell other people what they should or shouldn't be doing,when was the last time the stones contacted the pope telling him what he should be doing on a particular day.

To myself and many other people around the world this weekend is just another weekend like any other.Right now I'm listening to some music but whilst I do this I am not knocking on my neighbours door telling them what they should be doing.

As long as you don't hurt other people then do what you want to do but don't attempt to inflict your views on others.

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 17:35

disgraceful

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 26, 2016 17:36

Nate

Such a response would not be required if people didn't try to tell other people what they should or shouldn't be doing,when was the last time the stones contacted the pope telling him what he should be doing on a particular day.

As long as you don't hurt other people then do what you want to do but don't attempt to inflict your views on others.

Nate cool smiley

I think you greatly overestimate the general importance of the Stones here. They may be a major force in the music business, but outside of the showbusiness I fear they are in no position to tell anybody "what they should or shouldn't be doing".

Apart from that, I am glad that I live in a society where rules ("laws") are not restricted to your "as long as you don't hurt other people then do what you want" principle.

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: March 26, 2016 17:47

The Rolling Stones in Cuba! That made it a GREAT FRIDAY!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:04

Nate
alimente
Nate
Hey mr Pope

I'm not exactly a religion defender, but what you say here is not only disrespectful, but downright stupid.

If anything, for some the Stones are a religion too. It all originates from the human desire to follow leaders, what more often than not makes them blind for the world outside their little capsule.

To myself and many other people around the world this weekend is just another weekend like any other.Right now I'm listening to some music but whilst I do this I am not knocking on my neighbours door telling them what they should be doing.

Nate cool smiley

Well said sir. I agree with every single word of tbat. I don't have a religion and I won't be preached to by anyone nor vice versa. I enjoy the extended bank Holliday and what I do with it will be my own choice and not anyone else's. It certainly won't involve hurting others.

Date: March 26, 2016 19:18

alimente
Nate

Nate cool smiley

I think you greatly overestimate the general importance of the Stones here. They may be a major force in the music business, but outside of the showbusiness I fear they are in no position to tell anybody "what they should or shouldn't be doing".

Apart from that, I am glad that I live in a society where rules ("laws") are not restricted to your "as long as you don't hurt other people then do what you want" principle.

I think you will find it was the pope attempting to tell the stones when they should play not the other way around.

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:27

stanlove
jpasc95
Nate
stanlove
Nate
Hey mr Pope

Well at least the Stones were respectful.

Just another example of religion attempting to push its weight around.
Not everyone believes in this nonsense and the guy has no right to try and tell people when they should or shouldn't be playing or listening to music it's none of his business.

Nate thumbs up
the pope's request deserved a good answer , NO !

I also think that sometimes he should mind his own business
yesterday I heard he once more criticized Europe for not doing enough for the migrants.

The Pope has a right toe express his opinion just like everyone else.
There's no offense to say that the pope's desires are not orders.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 19:55

maybe the pope should have got his priorities correct and realized what is really happening in the world today.

its a nasty world sometimes, pope should be getting everyone to examine thier own behaviour and what they contribute, instead of asking the stones to postpone a concert.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 26, 2016 20:05

mickschix
The Pope should have requested the change of date BEFORE March 24th! I can understand from his perspective not wanting the show to be on Good Friday because Spanish folks are very religious, usually.

How do you know for sure that the Pope did not pass along that request prior to the announcement?

mickschix
Mick had to move the date once already because the President was visiting so moving it twice was out of the question.

So only Mick makes that decision? I wonder how Mick's "drummer" feels about that.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: March 26, 2016 20:28

As a Catholic, I did feel icky checking for updates of the concert on Good Friday. The Pope knew the concert would not be moved, but he wanted to juxtapose a huge secular event with a day that is held sacred by many for two millenia.

I got the message from the Pope, but I am happy the Stones played for the Cuban people. A better date would have been preferred.

And here Stones fans are talking about Good Friday,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 20:29 by Librarian.

Date: March 26, 2016 21:16

Nate
alimente
Nate

Nate cool smiley

I think you will find it was the pope attempting to tell the stones when they should play not the other way around.

Nate cool smiley

Well, it was you who asked "when was the last time the stones contacted the pope telling him what he should be doing on a particular day" - indicating that they are indeed in a position that they could if they only wanted to do so!

Date: March 26, 2016 21:23

alimente
Nate
alimente
Nate

Nate cool smiley

Nate cool smiley

Well, it was you who asked "when was the last time the stones contacted the pope telling him what he should be doing on a particular day" - indicating that they are indeed in a position that they could if they only wanted to do so!

Do I really need to explain this for you?

Of course the stones are not in a position to do that and of course they would have no desire to be just like others should have no business in attempting to tell people what they should be doing.

Some people seem to believe that religion has a special right to be protected from criticism,well it does not.

Nate thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 21:34 by Nate.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 26, 2016 21:38

The Sicilian
mickschix
The Pope should have requested the change of date BEFORE March 24th! I can understand from his perspective not wanting the show to be on Good Friday because Spanish folks are very religious, usually.

How do you know for sure that the Pope did not pass along that request prior to the announcement?

mickschix
Mick had to move the date once already because the President was visiting so moving it twice was out of the question.

So only Mick makes that decision? I wonder how Mick's "drummer" feels about that.

Same as his guitar player probably.drinking smiley

Re: The Pope asks the Stones to postpone Cuba show 'til after Good Friday.......Keith shows him the..............................................................................shepherd's pie
Date: March 26, 2016 21:40

Some people choose to spend their day praying that's fine some people choose to spend their day baking cakes that's fine some people choose to spend their day going to a concert that's fine whatever you want to do with your day that's fine but don't go knocking on your neighbours door telling them how to spend their day that's all I'm saying.

Nate thumbs up

Re: The Pope asks the Stones to postpone Cuba show 'til after Good Friday.......Keith shows him the..............................................................................shepherd's pie
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 26, 2016 21:59

Telling is something different then asking...as far as I know he was asking...........

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 26, 2016 22:57

NICOS
Telling is something different then asking...as far as I know he was asking...........

Beat me to it, NICOS!

Date: March 27, 2016 00:20

NICOS

Yes of course you are correct but let's face it what business does anyone have asking people to live their life how they see fit.

If I telephone the Vatican on Sunday morning and ask them to put the stones on the stereo instead of singing hymns I would expect to be told no and if I persisted in doing this throughout my life after a while I would expect my number to be blocked because I have no business asking people to live their life the way I think they should.

Some people may wish to live under a celestial North Korea but don't expect to include those that think for themselves in this.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 27, 2016 00:36

Nate
NICOS

Yes of course you are correct but let's face it what business does anyone have asking people to live their life how they see fit.

If I telephone the Vatican on Sunday morning and ask them to put the stones on the stereo instead of singing hymns I would expect to be told no and if I persisted in doing this throughout my life after a while I would expect my number to be blocked because I have no business asking people to live their life the way I think they should.

Some people may wish to live under a celestial North Korea but don't expect to include those that think for themselves in this.

grinning smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 27, 2016 01:47

Nate
NICOS

They wouldn't block your number .....because they still think there is hope for you grinning smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 27, 2016 03:35

The Sicilian
Nate
Hey mr Pope

I think over 1.2 billion Catholics in the world don't share your sarcasm.

These 1.2 billion don't share what? So what?

Sarcasm.... What are you talking about?

Nate is right. Music has done more good for humanity than any religion ever.

Ask the billions of catholic and/or islam fairytale believers to what level of sarcasm they have to live up to, because they can't cope with normal life and dead.

I believe in THE ROLLING STONES and will buy TOTALLY STRIPPED DELUXE in May 2016.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-27 04:02 by RipThisBone.

Date: March 27, 2016 14:43

Nate

Some people seem to believe that religion has a special right to be protected from criticism,well it does not.
Nate thumbs up

Who said that? I can only speak for myself, and I can assure you that I always criticized religions whenever I felt they deserved critical statements. As I've said before, I'm not exactly a religion defender.

What I've said was that the general tone of your comment in your first post was not only "disrespectful", but its content "downright stupid" - however, I should have better said: "downright naive".

I think that your "some people seem"-rants, even bringing North Korea into the picture, blow this out of all proportions and try to hide away the fact that you do exactly what you accuse others (in this case the Pope) for: Telling other people what to do and what not.

That's all I wanted to say. And I'm not even a catholic!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 27, 2016 16:53

They should have done Saint of Me!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 27, 2016 20:13

RipThisBone
The Sicilian
Nate
Hey mr Pope

These 1.2 billion don't share what? So what?

Sarcasm.... What are you talking about?

Nate is right. Music has done more good for humanity than any religion ever.

Ask the billions of catholic and/or islam fairytale believers to what level of sarcasm they have to live up to, because they can't cope with normal life and dead.

I believe in THE ROLLING STONES and will buy TOTALLY STRIPPED DELUXE in May 2016.

Please, grow up already.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 28, 2016 02:19

The Sicilian
Nate
Hey mr Pope

However that may be, the fairy tales bit shall always be true.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 28, 2016 02:21

stanlove
jpasc95
Nate
stanlove
Nate
Hey mr Pope

Well at least the Stones were respectful.

Just another example of religion attempting to push its weight around.
Not everyone believes in this nonsense and the guy has no right to try and tell people when they should or shouldn't be playing or listening to music it's none of his business.

Nate thumbs up
the pope's request deserved a good answer , NO !

I also think that sometimes he should mind his own business
yesterday I heard he once more criticized Europe for not doing enough for the migrants.

The Pope has a right toe express his opinion just like everyone else.

There are plenty of places on the planet where expressing an opinion is not a right.

Re: The Pope asks the Stones to postpone Cuba show 'til after Good Friday
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 28, 2016 02:45

Do you think listening to the Pope would have helped? I mean, would they have avoided Gehenna anyway? Somehow I have never thought of them as choirboys anyhow...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-28 02:54 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2016 02:51

Pope shoula been there and bathed their feet before the show ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 28, 2016 04:39

Rockman
Pope shoula been there and bathed their feet before the show ....

Rockman, I'm afraid you're a little late to join this discussion...the serious part is done, now we wanna have some fun...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2016 04:59

Okay alimente ... It's actually a miracle I even bothered posting a
comment in this thread but thank god you've bought this matter to my attention ....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home