Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 23, 2016 18:13

What happened to Mick Taylor? Is he gigging anywhere? He started showing up before he got reunited with the Stones, got a great reception, resurrected his reputation, and then, poof! Gone in a puff of smoke.

Did getting back on the whirling Stones carousel do him harm, again? He was poised for a major comeback, using his recent Stones experience to at least get some mid-level gigs, or open up for some big acts.

Re: Mick Taylor?
Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 24, 2016 06:52

I assume MT made some money touring with the Stones. When he has money he takes time off. Or to put it another way he does nothing for extended periods of time.
I posted a while back that he would disappear. And he has. He did it after he left the band. He did it when he signed a record contract. He did it after Dylan in '84. I question his motivation with his art and commitment to his career.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 24, 2016 08:14

pmk251
He did it after Dylan in '84. I question his motivation with his art and commitment to his career.

I guess he realized at one point in time that his "15 minutes of fame" were his 5 years with the Stones and that nothing would ever come even remotedly close, no matter how hard he tried - and, looking back, it never really appeared to me that he tried all too hard. I remember all the years of solo gigs with more or less the same setlist of more or less lenghty blues standarts that really led to nowhere at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 21:42 by alimente.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 24, 2016 10:14

He will be back. He has the talent and fans waiting for him when he is ready.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 24, 2016 10:52

He is 67. His ambition about a new album is probably there, but why releasing an album at this stage in life. How many will buy a record of his - 1,000? Better to upload some new music on Facebook for free.

He might play some gigs every now and then, but like with all other musicians at his age, only the big names keep on touring, the other ones have retired.

He probably got some money touring with Stones and has saved it for later years.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 24, 2016 11:28

Mick Taylor will be back with nice Bluesconcerts in the future. I'm looking forward to visit them.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 24, 2016 11:42

pmk251
I question his motivation with his art and commitment to his career.

He's 67 and for him touring means travelling at the back of a van... C'mon give the guy a break!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 24, 2016 11:47

I reckon he can sit in the front of the van now, if he wants to.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 24, 2016 13:59

with sssoul

I think he could even buy one now and drive it around.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 24, 2016 20:39

It wasn't that I thought he would join a group of older superstars, make an LP, and then ransack the world's sports stadiums, ala his old group. But he definitely could have had a few higher profile gigs. And he could have been an attraction as an opening act.

Of course he hasn't looked in the best of health. Wish him the best.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 24, 2016 20:52

I guess he made enough money with his 15 minutes of Midnight Rambler during the last tours to be able to retire for good. (At least he should have made much more money with those shows than during the last 25-30 years before).

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 24, 2016 21:19

He could get on some kind of blues-rock package tour with three or four other acts and a big name headliner, maybe ZZ Top or somebody like that. 30 minute sets in large venues. Good money without having to work too hard. Of course, if he had the opening slot on a tour like that, he might be playing to 10,000 empty seats, and 300 diehard Stones fans who bothered to show up early.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: March 24, 2016 21:53

An all star British Blues thing would be best for Taylor- get Aynsley Dunbar, get Kim Simmonds, get Chic Churchill....people of that ilk....

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: March 24, 2016 22:03

He's probably just living life.Not everyone is cut out for the spotlight or even large sums of money. He has always seemed relatively happy in interviews, even when he had some complaints.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 24, 2016 23:01

dcba
pmk251

He's 67 and for him touring means travelling at the back of a van... C'mon give the guy a break!

A break? From what? From playing 15-20 minutes with the Stones every 3 or 4 days for a couple of weeks every year since 2012 until 2014, staying in luxury hotels and travelling first class?

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: March 24, 2016 23:52

latebloomer
with sssoul

I think he could even buy one now and drive it around.

that's the ticket!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 24, 2016 23:52

alimente
dcba
pmk251

A break? From what? From playing 15-20 minutes with the Stones every 3 or 4 days for a couple of weeks every year since 2012 until 2014, staying in luxury hotels and travelling first class?

Som e people could care less about that + just ask Bill and Charlie. Charlie still does it!!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 25, 2016 03:17

I hope he will chose to perform again. Understandably the touring grind could be
a bit much and it's difficult to make money on CD sales now days - especially if
you are not on the road promoting the new CD.

Date: March 28, 2016 17:56

24FPS
What happened to Mick Taylor? Is he gigging anywhere? He started showing up before he got reunited with the Stones, got a great reception, resurrected his reputation, and then, poof! Gone in a puff of smoke.

Did getting back on the whirling Stones carousel do him harm, again? He was poised for a major comeback, using his recent Stones experience to at least get some mid-level gigs, or open up for some big acts.

He was offered a few good projects lately, but he rejected.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 28, 2016 18:03

That's what I heard , but only he and whoever offered him these projects will ever know for sure......................probably.

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: March 28, 2016 18:38

I'm still waiting for the autobiography.

Ready to buy it.

-Reagan

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 28, 2016 18:44

Reagans or Taylors?

2 1 2 0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home