Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I Go Wild!
Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: March 22, 2016 00:06

I love it! not heard it in a while but listening to it from Philadelphia 94 it's blowing me away. Under rated in their vast cannon!>grinning smiley<

Re: I Go Wild!
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 22, 2016 00:19

hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 22, 2016 00:20

...I think also that's an under rated song in their "grand oeuvre"...!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 22, 2016 00:44

My grand oeuvres go wild for a vast cannon.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 22, 2016 00:47

grinning smiley

Date: March 22, 2016 00:49

Good to see you geordiestone, nice to have you here smileys with beer

Date: March 22, 2016 00:55

jambay
Hey Jambay, sending the vibes to ya!smiling smiley

Date: March 22, 2016 00:59

geordiestone
jambay
Hey Jambay, sending the vibes to ya!smiling smiley
cool smiley
Doctor says I'll be OK if I GO WILD

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 22, 2016 01:06

You whipped me, I'm hurting
Abused me for certain
And slavery should not exist
Is this what I get a poison kiss

ROCKMAN

Date: March 22, 2016 01:09

is this what a get?yawning smiley

Date: March 22, 2016 01:11

geordiestone
is this what a get?yawning smiley
i know wrong lyric, rockman i did not read you right bonnie lad!smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 22, 2016 01:12

.... all is fine down here Geordie ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 22, 2016 01:16

Rockman
.... all is fine down here Geordie ....
Sweet dude. smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 01:39

Just watched that YouTube vid - thanks for sharing. Instantly reminds me of that fabulous Summer of 1995 when Voodoo Lounge arrived in Europe smiling smiley. I note that the naughty word in the song has been quietly airbrushed out winking smiley

Date: March 22, 2016 02:09

grzegorz67
Just watched that YouTube vid - thanks for sharing. Instantly reminds me of that fabulous Summer of 1995 when Voodoo Lounge arrived in Europe smiling smiley. I note that the naughty word in the song has been quietly airbrushed out winking smiley

Doesn't it!!
I had never actually seen that video and it had me smiling ear to ear... I love this band and that tour was some of the best times I have ever had. Life at that time was as good as it gets and the way the guys look.... I saw 2 shows on that tour In Europe and 6 in the States. I loved that cobra head... I could go for hours

TL/DR Instantly reminds me of that fabulous Summer of 1995 when Voodoo Lounge arrived smileys with beer

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: March 22, 2016 02:15

I Go Wild Rocks

I love the part in the song when the guitars stop and its just mick singing I Go Wild with the drums playing and then the guitars kick in.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 02:41

jambay
grzegorz67

Doesn't it!!
I had never actually seen that video and it had me smiling ear to ear... I love this band and that tour was some of the best times I have ever had. Life at that time was as good as it gets and the way the guys look.... I saw 2 shows on that tour In Europe and 6 in the States. I loved that cobra head... I could go for hours

TL/DR Instantly reminds me of that fabulous Summer of 1995 when Voodoo Lounge arrived smileys with beer

Cobra head, big burst of flames, slow drumbeat from Charlie, Mick prances on stage from the side and Keith & Ronnie come down the middle and burst into 'Not Face Away'. Great show opener and s general feel good fsctor sround the whole tour. It was a genuine world Tour, with Steel Wheels/Urbsn Jungle limited to North Americs, Japan and Europe. IMHO, that 'I go Wild' video captures the spirit and atmosphere of the tour brilliantly in around 4 minutes. Memories to treasure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 02:43 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: March 22, 2016 03:13

I was at that Philly show among many others that tour. I always dug the extended riffing at the end when Keith, Mick and Ronnie all step to the front of the stage with the 3 guitar attack. One of the VL high points for sure.

HBK

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: March 22, 2016 03:22

voodoo lounge was my 1st Stones concert

I went to the Brisbane Show in Australia

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: March 22, 2016 03:36

Billboard Music Awards - Dec 7 1994

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 03:37 by HomerSimpson.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: March 22, 2016 04:11

I just discovered the "Director's Cut" video for this song. Kinda cool!

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 22, 2016 07:28

IGW is my favourite rocker track from Voodoo Lounge album. I love it too.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 22, 2016 08:32

Recently I like the version from L'Olympia. The remix is maybe my favorite though. On video I like the grey and balding version. Hope it comes out one day in HD quality.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 22, 2016 08:49

That song popped into my head during the Rio show. I rediscovered its beauty from a comment someone made. Unfortunately, the Stones left it by the roadside.
[I Go Wild]

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 22, 2016 12:39

They probably wrote this song while they were asleep, but what the hell, it works very well. (It's a bit like You Got Me Rocking in that sense). Trust the Stones to make a simple, average rock song get some extra swing. The clip is also really nice, and Lisa Fisher is as beautiful as always.

Date: March 22, 2016 13:41

Yeah summer 95 was glorious with The Stones on the road and Britpop exploding here and a general euphoria in the air. I caught The Stones at Wembley on the Saturday night show and how cool was it that one of my other favourite bands The Black Crowes supported them. Happy happy days.cool smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 22, 2016 14:03

Yeah, I loved the 1995 Euro Tour. First time I travelled to multiple gigs and enjoyed the hell out of it. Great days indeed.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 14:06

I'm surprised Charlie's incredible drumming on IGW doesn't get discussed more. He's absolutely on fire and his drums are mixed massively, especially his bass drum on the breakdown at the end.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 22, 2016 14:10

As much as I love YGMR which is often considered a "bad song" I have to confess that I think of "I Go Wild" as a really bad, bad song. I never liked it, it is so very unsubtle and too much "in the face". It´s the Stones trying to act like AC/DC or Bon Jovi or whatever. I shook my head as I first listened to it and was deeply disappointed about this strange kind of poser-rock-attitude. So very un-Stones-like.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 21:29

prefered i go wild to you got me rocking.

never got how you got me rocking got so much gig time.

i go wild, a decent rocker on voodoo lounge but never a classic.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1380
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home