Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

how do you prepare for the concert?
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 20, 2005 12:22

how do you get ready for a rolling stones concert?
what do you take with you?

eg herb,water,beer,ticket (of course)

Re: how do you prepare for the concert?
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:26

No I usually find it more pleasant to leave my ticket at home.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:33

Just take along a...ROLLING STONES..attitude to life.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:47

Hang around the stadium before and meet people. Rarely drink and not drugs: the Stones are enough, enhancement not required.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:48

Listen to Stones music / drink some beers....

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: August 20, 2005 14:24

A pre-party with Stones music, snacks, Campari and a pack of Lucky Strike. Meet the pals and then line up outside the venue several hours before they open the gates. Try to find a better seat than the two-bit seats that was left at ticketmaster. Avoid to pick up any kind of fight with people who are either drunk or stoned or spilling beer all over the place. Make out with the girlfriend or any other chick that seems interesting. Make bets about what the opening song might be. Take a piss during the warm-up act. Then it's rock n roll with the boys.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: August 20, 2005 18:45

No more than 2 drinks...classical music all day (defintely no Stones day-of...or at least untuil after the show), go to the part of the venue fatherest from the stage and then...slowly make my way down to my seats. Then my favorite part...listen for "The Chord Strum" and within 60 seconds the lights go down!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 20, 2005 20:26

my advice also,,dont drink too much,,,it will keep u out of the restrooms,,,i like to walk around the parking lot checking out all the stones fanatics ,,last tour i seen a gigantic stones tongue cake,,,this thing was too cool 2 cut & eat thou,,,i usually miss the warm up band ,,,ill sit & relax til its almost time for the stones,,because i no im gonna stand for 2 hours or so

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 20, 2005 20:54

The biggest challenge is getting the small rums tucked in my socks...

The security in Chicago is especially thorough... you can walk right in Milwaukee w/o being searched much but they are M-F'ers in Chicago, almost any venue you're gonna get patted down...

I've thought about rigging up some kind of crotchpiece to hide the rum as they're getting better about snatching the bottles outta your socks ...

At least one J to pass down the line and there's usually no shortage of takers, but usually won't hit it until maybe halfway into the show, just depends on the whole atmosphere.

In other words, prepare to ROCKNROLL !! smiling smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 21, 2005 00:59

I like to drink whatever Keef is drinking.

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: August 21, 2005 02:17

campari ? are you "one of them" ?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 21, 2005 04:37

Concentration. Food. Liquid. Timing. Preparation. Doublechecking. Triplechecking. Then it's a safe success. Would not mess up any show...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: August 21, 2005 05:41

get to the site early and have a few beers....and enjoy the freakshow going on around! It is almost as fun as the real show itself

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: August 21, 2005 07:19

Less than 24 hours to go and I'm going crazy. Been listening to many live boots. I've focused on early 70S especially 1975. 1975 was the first time I saw The Stones, so this is my 30th Anniversary. Tomorrow when I get up I'll be like a caged lion. I'll listen to more Stones then meet up with everybody, have a few beers and then leave for Fenway.

This may sound silly, but I get the same thrill every time I see them live. For me the rush when the first chords are played, is better than any drug.

This is my 1st opening nite show. I originally had opening night for Licks tour until they added the Fleet Center Show. I usually have a set list and know what to expect, this will be different. Looking forward to some of the new songs. It will be great to have a new album to promote this time around. Over forty years and they are out on tour with new stuff! The Stones are not an oldies/reunion act, they are still a thriving band.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 21, 2005 08:25

I'm with Bjornulf!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 28, 2005 06:11

I take the train..............

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 28, 2005 06:16

Call my bookie, powder my nose, smoke a pack, hit the can, check in on the bookie, call a cab, genuflect and don't get lost on the way to the hall.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 28, 2005 06:26

I make sure I've an empty bladder!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 28, 2005 09:11

And I'm with Gazza

Posted by: Josh2131 ()
Date: August 28, 2005 10:28

I will probably fast from the Stones for some amount of time before the concert, and then lisaten to them on the way. It builds up the hunger...

Josh

np: "old love" - john mayer

Date: August 28, 2005 22:35

Many times the Stones were drunk (tour 1994 2003)
So why not once in a while do we see them drunk as well? Keep the stones spirit alive. But, I really can't understand why the stones can perform that well being drunk.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: August 29, 2005 02:31

Listen to Stones tunes on the way to the concert, take a whiz, check out the concession stands (providing that I have enough $$$ to buy a T-shirt or something), get something to eat, make my way to my seat and watch the opening act and then cheer when the boys come on!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 29, 2005 04:44

I don't like to do a damn thing the day of the show. I was so tired at the opening Fenway show because a friend wanted to see a couple more historic sites in Boston on Sunday. We walked a ton and by the time I got to the Poor House I was a bit spent. Dedicate the day to resting up and seeing the Stones! Any tourist sites can wait.......they'll be there the next time, the Stones will not.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 29, 2005 06:39

I usually obsess over how shitty the parking will be. ;-)

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: August 29, 2005 07:35

HARM " Many times the Stones were drunk (tour 1994 2003) "

If Jagger would be drunk he would fall of the stage my friend. We all know you has addiction the rest stays pretty clean. You would not be able to do such a two hours job een if it's only every other day.
Back in 82 they drank a lot, but by 89/90 they knew that Rock and Roll has nothing to do with booze, but deliver shows to the fans. That's why some of us are disappointed.

I'm getting to nervous to get prepared for the shows. Worst thing happened to me. I ahd to go to the toilet during Don't Stop at Wembley Arena Happily it took me only a minute. I hate missing the show when you paid a fortune

Date: August 29, 2005 08:05

Of course not Jagger and Charlie

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: August 29, 2005 08:06

Sell my house to get tickets, meet & greet the first warm up band who have worse seats than me, marvel at how everyone around me looks like a civil servant, wait for the second warm up to go through their motions, then place bets on how late the Stones will be.

In truth I have no house to sell, but the last time in Helsinki Hellacopters were in the audience, and they had to buy tickets for their girlfriends. I am a civil servant, who cares how I look. In Helsinki ZZ Top was all the bad things some rock critics say the Stones are, they were very boring to me. And the Stones were late, but they probably waited for the sun to sink low enough not to shine directly at them.

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: August 29, 2005 14:25

I listen to ome Stones songs , drink beer, eat food and check that I have my ticket at least 15 times. I know it is there, but I have to check it. At MSG in 2003 my friend and I counted how many times I checked for the tickets in my wallet. 17 times in about 2 hours.

Posted by: WAYNEPA ()
Date: August 29, 2005 20:14

Suffer a sleepless night before the concert...play Stones tunes, smoke herb, drink beer, in parking lot...while mingling with other tailgaters for a few hours.

Posted by: ripthisjoint ()
Date: August 29, 2005 21:32

whores ,cocaine and a bottle of jack

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home