Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rain fall down
Posted by: Jagiero ()
Date: August 20, 2005 10:34

Listened a few times but i'm not impressed. It would fit on a Jagger solo album. I think if the production would have been better this would be a good song but now it's mediocre. It has a catchy tune but it's a bit overproduced.

Other thoughts?

Re: Rain fall down
Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: August 20, 2005 11:38

Link to a mp3 of RFD on shidoobee!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: real rock ()
Date: August 20, 2005 14:11

A direct link to the number on [www.stonespoint.org]

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: August 20, 2005 18:43

It reminds me of Back To Zero/ Suck On The Jugular type songs.
Rain Fall Down is a typical Jagger type song of the last 20 years. It's got that funky feel and it has a refreshing sound but i do question whether the song will stand up over repeated listens.
After hearing snippets of all the album tracks i must say i miss Jagger's growl of the 70s/80s.That raw Rip This Joint/Hold Back type vocal would have been more beneficial on some of the songs - maybe it's a sign of age but to me Jagger uses a little too much forced anguish often exaggerating his vocal accent when a more toned down approach would compliment the sensitivity of the songs so much better.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 20, 2005 19:15

This one is growing on me. Sounds like something between "Heaven" and The Who's "Eminence Front"

Not bad, but far from my fave.

Ross

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 20, 2005 19:23

totally disagree. this is one STUD of a tune. Better than IWTL or RJ, which are just rote rockers, IMO. This is one of the 3-4 standouts on the album. Jagger's vocals are much more natural than the aforementioned songs. The riff, even if provided by MJ, is a breath of fresh air.

I even like this better than BOMH. I could see this being a concert staple - with a nice, cool Bobby solo capping things off.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: August 20, 2005 20:20

StonesTod i've just listened to the song a few more times and i agree with you. I'd be interested to see how this song would do if released as a single - it certainly sounds quite punchy and contemorary and far sharper than any single the Stones have put out in at least a couple of decades.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 20, 2005 20:57

ET - cool, somebody agrees with me for once. was afraid I was gonna have to open my own Stones forum....

Posted by: RubyKel ()
Date: August 20, 2005 21:18

I like it too......I think Mick sounds great. Very good song to move to....makes me all hot & bothered!! smiling smiley

Posted by: THE RoCk ()
Date: August 20, 2005 21:39

I love it , and I love funky music , I think this song is between Hot Stuff and Miss you

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 20, 2005 21:47

like that ,,funky alright,, reminds me a little of heaven off of tattoo u,,i think this 1 will grow on you,,good stuff

Posted by: Bone Machine ()
Date: August 20, 2005 23:50

This is a very cool tune indeed, love the scratching reggae sounding funky guitars...I give it a 8!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 21, 2005 00:23

I dont know if it will hold up with repeated listenings but it sure makes is infectious for making you dance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home