Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: rehearsal going on at Fenway now
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:51

To compare with last time:

Gilette stadium rehearsals, Aug 31, 2002:

Brown Sugar
Tumbling Dice
Honky Tonk Women
Rock and a Hard Place
Angie
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Monkey Man
I Can't Turn You Loose
Gimme Shelter
----------
Slipping Away (Keith)
Happy (with restart) (Keith)
Sympathy for the Devil
Midnight Rambler
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Street Fighting Man
Jumping Jack Flash
Start Me Up
Satisfaction

+ extra on Sept 1st, not played on 31st:
Don't Stop, Before They Make Me Run, bits of Star Star and Little Red Rooster

Gilette stadium show, first stadium show, Sept. 5 2002:

Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Don’t Stop
Honky Tonk Women
Rock and a Hard Place
Angie
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Monkey Man
I Can’t Turn You Loose
Gimme Shelter
--- Introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Sympathy for the Devil
Shattered (B-stage) = not at rehearsal
Beast of Burden (B-stage) = not at rehearsal
Miss You (B-stage) = not at rehearsal
Midnight Rambler
You Got Me Rocking = not at rehearsal
Tumbling Dice
Street Fighting Man
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction

source: the IORR 2002 tour report pages [iorr.org]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 20, 2005 14:02

You're right BOBM. People (=98%) want to hear Satisfaction,JJF,.... They would be disappointed hearing sister morphine, winter,ventilator blues,....
So STOP posting wishlists and get real. Stones want your help with the setlist? What a joke.... but I'll be in New York and Chicago anyway. Can't help it... caught the virus

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 20, 2005 14:08

"So STOP posting wishlists and get real. Stones want your help with the setlist? What a joke.... but I'll be in New York and Chicago anyway. Can't help it... caught the virus "

They use it for the 3-4 rarities.....

Posted by: Tumbling Dice ()
Date: August 20, 2005 14:15

Wah Wah WAh ,, YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT U WANT, I t is what it is...christ there in there sixties and still kicking ass. enjoy it for what it is not what you want it to be ( go listen to your vinal collection with your eyes shut)This could be the last time , I told you once I told you twice............I'll be the gyu dancing my ass off by the pesky pole section 8 box 1a row c

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: August 20, 2005 14:36

Yaaaawwwwnnnnnnnn........!

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: August 20, 2005 14:47

I read somewhere (Shidoobee?) that before SMU, there was a big sound like an earthquake or helicopters above you.
So we can conclude, for the opener a mix between Steel Wheels tour and BTB tour : the Big bang saw by the Stones?

I use to give points to the set-lists : 10 points for a new song, 8 for one seen only once...until 1 point for a song seen more than 10 times.
To give you an idea : Olympia 2003 was 112 points, the Phoenix got 94 points with 14 songs, the rehearsals last thursday 75 points with 10 songs and friday's rehearsals jump to 79 points with 17 songs.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 20, 2005 15:02

Take care! You can't criticize anything about the stones.

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: August 20, 2005 15:17

Limbostone: They didn't do Shattered, Beast of Burden, and Miss You at the B stage during the 8/31 rehearsal, but guess what the soundcheck 2.5 hours before the show was: Exactly those three in exactly that order. I was there. Then the walked to the main stage and did a little piece of Tumbling Dice to check out the back up singers microphones.

Marclaf: thank you for the information. I didn't know Infamy isn't a ballad. Maybe he will do this song and The Worst Sunday night. You can pretty much count on Keith changing at least one of the two songs for the Tuesday show, however.

Country Honk: 23-24 songs is another wish list. Previous tours went like this:
1994/1995: 27 (2 shows) 25 (one show) then 24,23 or 22 for the rest of the tour.
1997/1998: 24 (4 shows) 22 (many shows) then down to 22,21, or 20 for the rest of the tour.
1999: 20 or 21 2003: stadium shows 23 (2 shows) then 22, 21, or 20. 2003 Arena: 22, 21, 20 then the last seven or eight U.S. shows dipped to 19
They may do 22 tops is my guess, but will quickly settle in to 19-21.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: August 20, 2005 15:21

Oh I see.

I was merely reflecting to the fact that the odd 3-5 songs of the set are not rehearsed a few days before the show, which means there could be some not yet known variences compared to Friday's list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-20 15:22 by Limbostone.

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: August 20, 2005 17:39

You guys are laughable. The Rolling Stones have a catalog of over 400 songs...any 22 of which would make a great set list yet here you are bitching like my 70 year old mother-in-law about songs that they may or may not play. Last time I checked this was a Democracy meaning if you don't like it, don't pay money to see a show. Or better yet, if you don't like it, keep bringing your sophomoric complaints here so I can get my daily dose of comedy.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 20, 2005 18:17

The Stones have been playing a much wider variety of tunes
over the past few tours than they ever did during the
sixties or seventies!

Posted by: sirjagger ()
Date: August 20, 2005 18:29

It ís the opening Night! Celbrate and be happy! The Are Alive and Kicking!!!;0)...offcourse they have to do some Warhorses!.....Heart the wistle blow ..All Down The Line...!!!!!/ SIR

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 20, 2005 19:29

I just think opening with SMU is a bit of a cop-out. Too easy, too obvious. The opened '89 like that. Okay, that was then. What has been nice about all the tours since is that the personality of each is somewhat shaped by what they open with. That's why I was rooting for HTW - killer tune and one that they haven't used for the opener in 30 years. SMU will certainly get things off to a good start, but it's just a bit disappointing....

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 20, 2005 20:01

I love the stones,,but im bummed about that friday night rehearsal set list ,,2 many warhorses ,,im goin 2 c 3 shows thou ,,there still are the greatest,,always were ,,,always will be,,,i dont think they HAVE to do the warhorses anymore ,,,my guess 90% of their audience is people like us ,,,fanatics that hav seen them 10, 20,40, 60, 100 times live since 1966,,,& most of those $450.00 tickets are purchased by the fanatic fan also,,,cmon Stones give us the RARE stuff,,

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 20, 2005 20:05

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just think opening with SMU is a bit of a
> cop-out. Too easy, too obvious. The opened '89
> like that. Okay, that was then. What has been
> nice about all the tours since is that the
> personality of each is somewhat shaped by what
> they open with. That's why I was rooting for HTW -
> killer tune and one that they haven't used for the
> opener in 30 years. SMU will certainly get things
> off to a good start, but it's just a bit
> disappointing....

I agree. If I were to go to the concert and they opened with SMU, I'd go OH NO, NOT YOU AGAIN!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 20, 2005 22:20

I am sure this will make JJflashs day. But If they play that set list then I would have to be an I told you so. But I will be more then glad that I passed on this go around . That to me would be a very disappointing set list . On any tour. So if I paid $450 for a show that would not be the set list I would want to hear.
Now on a more humurous note. Did any watch The David Letterman show earlier this week ? He had a segment called show and tell and this guy stands up and says I have both. A story to tell and a picture to prove it. So he tell everyone he was in the Turks ans Cacos at a bar on the beach and low and behold who is sitting right across from him is Keith Richards . He said he look across and said hello and invited Keith over for a drink. And he joined them. Then he said the next morning he was on his way to the beach and passed Keith again and said isn't it time for a Banana Dak ? Richards said yeah it is breakfast time and they went and got shitfaced together. Then the guy pulls out a picture of him and Keith standing next to each other to prove his story. Not sure how interesting that is to people but it was a funny thing to watch this guy telling this story and Lettermans reaction.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 20, 2005 22:23

yeah, great story lapeto. that was the dumbest story i've ever seen! i have tickets do u? u should change ur name to lameo.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: August 20, 2005 22:34

The reason some of us are dissapointed is that we know they can have a great set lists with more rare numbers and then you see this selection of songs and of course you get disspointed, lets wait and see for tomoroww and see if they dare to skip Miss You, Tumbin Dice and other unneccesary wars horses and lets hope Keith plays for the whole show and dont let Chuck and Darrel lead the way with Mick Jagger into a soul set that was the case on 40 licks, that certainly I could be without. The people going to the show who does not know the Stones will not know much difference from the most rare numbers and the war horses.

Date: August 20, 2005 22:38

Well you see JJF if you weren't so stupid you might have gotten the thought through that thick head of yours by now that I don't care about getting tickets for this tour. If you want to be an obsessive compulsive gay boy running around the country chasing four guys around that could care less if you even exist go ahead. If you only knew how pathetic you sound on your posts . Then you might be more carefull on who you call lame. You are a disgusting excuse for a human being .

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: August 20, 2005 23:33

The set list sucks. Period.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 20, 2005 23:55

That rehersal list is pathetic. As some of you have mentioned the the stones have 400-450songs so even the below average stones fan knows most of them. It seems the stones don't have the confidence in all the people paying top dollar to see them. I think warhorses are needed at every show,JJF, Satisfaction, GS BS.ETC
but give us more than the same rehash. Miss you, I've seen it enough. Your telling me Hand of fate in Fenway park would not bring the housedown. Or Heart of Stone or Dandilion played right would not turn into a giant sing along. I saw A fleet center crowd go wild after thru and thru was performed. (Jan 2003) Your below average fan does not know that song. I remember Steele Wheels at least 10 different people told me they never heard of 2000 LY but it was thier favorite song of the show. SO it can be done.

The Stones should have more confidence in themselves and give the paying public more credit. If they play anywhere up to snuff like they are capable any good stones song will go over well.

Stones Knock off the rehash, and IORR Members quit telling us to be happy with what we get and stop making excuses for them.

One hit to the Body: Fenway opener

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: August 20, 2005 23:57

There is people who never saw the stones, there is people like me who saw them only one time, so we want to hear all warsorses songs, man, there is two parts of the show, the first with some rarieties and the second with the warsorses, you can go anytime...but there is also 40.000 people there and maybe they want to list Brown Sugar, JJF, SFTD...

Date: August 21, 2005 00:02

virgil Wrote:
> That rehersal list is pathetic. As some of you
> have mentioned the the stones have 400-450songs so
> even the below average stones fan knows most of
> them. It seems the stones don't have the
> confidence in all the people paying top dollar to
> see them. I think warhorses are needed at every
> show,JJF, Satisfaction, GS BS.ETC
> but give us more than the same rehash. Miss you,
> I've seen it enough. Your telling me Hand of fate
> in Fenway park would not bring the housedown. Or
> Heart of Stone or Dandilion played right would not
> turn into a giant sing along. I saw A fleet center
> crowd go wild after thru and thru was performed.
> (Jan 2003) Your below average fan does not know
> that song. I remember Steele Wheels at least 10
> different people told me they never heard of 2000
> LY but it was thier favorite song of the show. SO
> it can be done.
>
> The Stones should have more confidence in
> themselves and give the paying public more credit.
> If they play anywhere up to snuff like they are
> capable any good stones song will go over well.
>
> Stones Knock off the rehash, and IORR Members
> quit telling us to be happy with what we get and
> stop making excuses for them.
>
>
> One hit to the Body: Fenway opener

Well it's not nearly as bad a setlist as Madonna's "Drowned World" tour... talk about disappointed fans of a superstar!!

But, seriously, the Stones will probably end up playing easily 100 different songs on this tour like they did on 40 Licks...

So.... if you don't like this setlist, just go to the next venue, it will be at least somewhat different.

Date: August 21, 2005 00:04

Maybe Madonna will be there for the Miss You opener...???

Date: August 21, 2005 00:10

johang Wrote:
> Maybe Madonna will be there for the Miss You
> opener...???

Hard to say... more likely she would be at MSG but since she lives in England, who knows...

Anyway, Mick was at her London show on the Drowned World, and afterwards in conversation with Elton John he commented how he thought Madonna had let her fans down a bit by being too "creative" and not emphasizing her classic songs that most of the fans are there to listen to anyway.

Another example of BAD SETLIST by a great, legendary musician: Check out Neil Youngs disastrous over-doing of "Greendale" on his latest tour. I mean he played Greendale songs for 2/3 of the damned concert !! Talk about disappointed fans

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 21, 2005 01:20

CreedenceLives Wrote:
> johang Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe Madonna will be there for the Miss You
> > opener...???
>
>
> Hard to say... more likely she would be at MSG but
> since she lives in England, who knows...
>
> Anyway, Mick was at her London show on the Drowned
> World, and afterwards in conversation with Elton
> John he commented how he thought Madonna had let
> her fans down a bit by being too "creative" and
> not emphasizing her classic songs that most of the
> fans are there to listen to anyway.
>
> Another example of BAD SETLIST by a great,
> legendary musician: Check out Neil Youngs
> disastrous over-doing of "Greendale" on his latest
> tour. I mean he played Greendale songs for 2/3 of
> the damned concert !! Talk about disappointed
> fans

Thats my point, Im sorry for not being clear.

The Stones can pull off a much varied setlist where most big acts cannot.

Date: August 21, 2005 01:25

Neil Young is 1000% more daring than Stones. And Greedale turned out to be one of his greatest records.

Date: August 21, 2005 06:18

johang Wrote:
> Neil Young is 1000% more daring than Stones. And
> Greedale turned out to be one of his greatest
> records.

Greendale one of Neils greatest ?

To each his own....

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: August 21, 2005 06:53

People People we here at copsnrobbers are perplexed again we thought Mick and Keith where going to unvail their new Rock Opera? you all are boarding on Obsessive disorders pertaining to The songs now everybody kiss and shake hands ....thank you copsnrobbers

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 21, 2005 08:27

I'm with Bjornulf!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1192
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home