Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
rehearsal going on at Fenway now
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 20, 2005 03:39

song by song listing occuring at shidoobee. bad news is thtat YGMR is there...htw, miss you, smu....

Re: rehearsal going on at Fenway now
Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 20, 2005 03:45

I like YGMR - could certainly do w/out HTW, tho.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: August 20, 2005 06:06

Just saw this rehearsal list from today Friday, Pathetic is the only way to comment on it, if this is close to the set list its a rip off to any Stones fan!

Miss You
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
You Got Me Rockin
SHATTERED------for us
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back of My Hand
Beast of Burden
SHe's So Cold
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
Night Time
The Worst
Infamy
Miss You (again)
Oh No Not You Again
Satisfaction
Honky onk WOmen (again)
Sympathy for the Devil
{fireworks}

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: August 20, 2005 07:01

Pathetic is a right word and you have to add JJF and BS to finish the show.
Where are IORR and Angie?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 20, 2005 08:02

If you don't like Stones songs then I agree this list is not interesting. But I like the Stones, and I like what I heared today.

Bjornulf

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 20, 2005 08:06

exactly right bjornulf. any stones live is great stones live. u can't expect all these gems to be played. it's always warhorses, new stuff, and a couple gems. no change from the past. if u don't like warhorses , then give your ticket to a fan who does!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 20, 2005 08:19

Pathetic ???
It's a stadium setlist, and there is The Worst and She's so cold which aren't songs played very often and probably unknown to more than 70% of an average Stones concert attendance...

We all have our personal taste, and I'm kinda unhappy to see DooDoo and BoB, but still, I would have loved to be able to be in Boston these days !

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 20, 2005 08:21

Shattered, Back of My Hand, She's So Cold, Heartbreaker... they threw some cool tunes into the set. I'm looking forward to hearing RJ and ONNYA in the set. Hopefully more new tunes as the tour progresses. To their credit its not a sleeper set. Definately high powered hits/new tunes and a few rarer tunes. No real slowdown in the set.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: August 20, 2005 08:23

Please don't end with Sympathy...end with something FUN like Brown Sugar!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 20, 2005 08:54

The setlist looks great for a stadium show. I want to hear all these songs as they come to Europe next summer plus hopefully a few more gems of course. I'm excited about the new tunes and also would like to hear Sway, Shattered and She's So Cold.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: August 20, 2005 09:52

Ok BV how can you like warsorses that has been repeated for close to 20 years and very lite change? You go and enjoy that then and I feel sorry to be a Stones fan.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 20, 2005 09:56

johang, what do u want? the fazed cookies concert tour? they will never go without the hits! what band does???? if u can't accept it, then don't go see them. I for 1 can't wait to be there for sftd, jjf, or bs! That's what made them and u can hope to hear 1 or 2 rarities.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 20, 2005 10:16

Is this setlist one of the wish-lists of somebody?

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: August 20, 2005 10:18

Pathetic is not the right word. Dissapointing is better IMO. I agree the (rehearsal) setlist is not what we (die hard) fans expected because we all heard those songs a 1000 times execpt the new songs.

In fact they don't need to rehearse SMU,BS,YGMR etc... because they played it night after night each tour since voodoo lounge.

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 20, 2005 10:45

I think everybody feels sorry for you johang.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 20, 2005 10:48

you unhappy types really need more roughage in your diets or something -
~* IT'S THE ROLLING STONES! *~

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: August 20, 2005 10:53

On the august 8 (look at BV report), the set-list was almost done.
What's pathetic is to see 5 weeks rehearsing and finishing on something very predictable.
So next time, 4 days for the 5 new songs and two more for the hits and basta...
SFTD is the opener.
ATPTB will replace Heartbreaker on tuesday and MMotel or WOAF for BOB.
Keith will stay stuck to The worst until mid september then will play Empty place

Sorry, i was very disappointed in the middle of the night but i was right for one thing : when you have RJ and ONNYA, YGMR is pathetic.

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 20, 2005 11:00

Marclaf, what did you really expect??

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: August 20, 2005 11:02

I can't believe you guys are talking about the songs being a pathetic choice. It's fantastic. The Rolling Stones are kicking off their world tour tomorrow eve!!! Come on!!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 20, 2005 11:12

It ain't pathetic. But if this is the actual setlist (And I don't really believe that it is) then some of the choices are a bit disappointing. Starting with Miss You??? Come on.

They're doing another run of songs tonight aren't they? I think I read that somewhere. I bet when you're at Fenway they'll deliver a real kick ass show. I don't believe they'll start with Miss You. Do you guys really think that they'll give it all away at the rehearsals?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: August 20, 2005 11:19

For the 100th time here's the reality check: The 800-2800 or whatever number of die hard Stones fans that post on IORR, Stonesdoug, and Rocks Off, don't buy enough tickets to influence the set list. The 37,000 fans in Fenway Sunday night will probably breakdown as follows: 25% who could care less about the Stones and don't even listen to Stones music, but who are going because it's the event du jour; 40% who know who know and maybe like the Stones who are half going because it's the event du jour and maybe going to hear the hot rocks; 20% who are going because someone is treating them, like a parent or boyfriend for example; 10% who really like the Stones but may not even know they have a new album coming out and also only want to hear hot rocks; 5% [and this may be grossly overstated] who are dreaming of a set list which includes songs like Winter, Prodigal Son, etc. That is the reality of the situation. This time around the Stones are going to rotate in up to half the new album over time, and these songs are going to displace songs like I Got the Blues, Moonlight Mile, Get Off My Cloud, All Down the Line, and two dozen other gems they salted in over the other recent tours. If the new songs are not damn good, this tour's set list will be voted the worst in twenty years on this board.

Date: August 20, 2005 11:32

Another reality check: You can bet that Sunday night set list will include for the most part only songs rehearsed on Friday and Saturday, also pretty much in the order rehearsed. They won't start with Miss You, of course, but they may start with Honkey Tonk Women. If they do a lengthy rehearsal tonight you can probably pick out the Sunday set list from the Friday and Saturday rehearsals.
The Stones always "give the set list away" in their pre-show rehearsals JumpingKentFlash ........... haven't you been paying attention from 1989-2005?

Date: August 20, 2005 11:36

P.S. I would guess that Keith won't do two ballads in the same show, although he might. It could be The Worst will be for one show and Infamy for the other Boston show and he will throw in a rocker. Little T&A would be nice for a change, but I don't mind hearing Happy a hundred times. Also, I'm hoping for Midnight Rambler in Hartford.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 20, 2005 11:40

Didn't pay attention before 1998 when I became a fan. There's another rehearsal tonight right? What I meant was that they won't run through the songs in that order they come in tomorrow. So that all the freebies outside can hear the whole concert the night before.

MR should ALWAYS be in the setlist.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 20, 2005 12:20

In 1989 they did two complete run throughs of the entire set in the correct order before the opening show. In 1994 and 1997 they did over two or three nights what could be pieced together as the first and second half of the opening show in the exact order. They do this because it's a production, and it's complicated to pull off well. For example, the horn players and back up singers need to know when to come on and off, several people need to know what instruments to give to which people, and even things like where Mick is going to stand and move to are monitored.

Date: August 20, 2005 12:33

BOBM : I would guess that Keith won't do two ballads in the same show, although he might. It could be The Worst will be for one show and Infamy for the other Boston show and he will throw in a rocker. Little T&A would be nice for a change, but I don't mind hearing Happy a hundred times.

Infamy is not really a ballad, so expect Infamy and The worst for both shows.
Sorry to insist but why rewrite a song like 19th breakdown, try it with success in a club and then prefers YGMR?

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:27

I do hope they at least will play some 23-24 songs (a > 2 hour show)...

Shattered, Rough Justice , Back of My Hand , Beast of Burden , She's So Cold ,
Night Time , Infamy , Oh No Not You Again are new songs / or songs that haven't been played for a long time......

Of course I have my favorite songs, I would like to have in the show.... so does everybody....

They have rehearsed some 100 songs, so I am sure they will play other rarities in the forthcoming shows....

The first show is very important to them - to get a good start, get good critics (make people go to the shows)...

I just looked at a U2 setlist (Madrid)..... it is the same: 2/3 of the show is "big hits" and then some 8 new songs / rarities.... and U2 are now more or less like Stones where in 1981/82.....!!!!!

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:29

marclaff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pathetic is a right word and you have to add JJF
> and BS to finish the show.
> Where are IORR and Angie?

Man,some people would give anything just to catch one show of The Rolling Stones and you call some of their best songs pathetic.

I don't see what's wrong with this setlist.What would you like?Half of Between the Buttons performed in concert?Such things ain't going to happen.

I would be happy to hear Beast of Burden,She's so cold,Heartbreaker........
This is an excellent setlist.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:34

I don't think this will be much like the setlist.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:41

Hey folks, what's wrong ??? This is the opening night of another great Stones tour and the rehearsal setlist is really cool. It's a stadium show, not a club gig. Four songs of the new album, another new one never been played before and some tracks that we would have considered as rare gems on previous tours like She's so cold or Beast of Burden. So that's about 50 % new or rare material.I wouldn't call it pathetic or disappointing. It's a great setlist and I'm sure they will open the tour with a BIG BANG. So let's wait and see what they will do tomorrow. Oh I wish I could be there.....

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home