Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor/Jack Bruce lp from 1975
Posted by: Charles ()
Date: August 19, 2005 22:53

Hey Stonesboarders,

Has anyone heard this Mick Taylor/Jack Bruce lp from 1975? I sure haven't and didn't even know it existed until yesterday. If there ever two people who fit well together, it surely was these two cats.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Re: Mick Taylor/Jack Bruce lp from 1975
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:02

Charles Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Stonesboarders,
>
> Has anyone heard this Mick Taylor/Jack Bruce lp
> from 1975? I sure haven't and didn't even know it
> existed until yesterday. If there ever two people
> who fit well together, it surely was these two
> cats.
>
> Charles Baudelaire
> 1821-1869

While you're waiting to find that LP, do yourself a big favor and find Bob Dylan's "Real Live" CD, which features Mick Taylor on guitar... just an awesome Live CD with brilliant guitar. One of Dylan's very best, btw.

Date: August 19, 2005 23:07

Got that one and of course the Barcelona show from that tour which seems to be the highlight. An insane "Blowing in the wind" with the crowd going commando on Bob and cie. I am ever on the lookout for the show of MT and Bob in Rome. I have not heard that one yet.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:09

Charles Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got that one and of course the Barcelona show from
> that tour which seems to be the highlight. An
> insane "Blowing in the wind" with the crowd going
> commando on Bob and cie. I am ever on the lookout
> for the show of MT and Bob in Rome. I have not
> heard that one yet.
>
> Charles Baudelaire
> 1821-1869

The Barcelona Show... is that a bootleg or a "legit" CD ??

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:13

I have the Wien show from that tour. Not bad and better than 'Real Live' IMHO. Regarding the Taylor/Bruce collaboration I have the LP as well as the BBC sessions and regrettably the redoubtalbe Mr. T is not prominently featured.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:13

I wonder what do you mean by Taylor-Bruce LP from 75.A live boot or what?

Date: August 19, 2005 23:14

Barcelona is not legit but some of the songs are on "Real Live". This is definitely the highlight of Dylan's 84 tour just as the NYC MSG show as the hightlight for Dylan's 88 tour. The Berkeley date in 88 comes in as a close 2nd place. These shows are particularly meaningful to me because so many of the shows for Dylan in the 80s were very, very good but never quite as excellent as these. Dylan belted out Joey with the orange ball burning in his belly and man it sure as hell sounded convincing!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:15

& while u r at that ,,try the 12:01 version of 'Winter' by Carla Olson's Ring of Truth ,,taylor's solo is incredible on that 1,,i like his highway 61 on dylan's live album,,,,i never heard anything off of that bruce album ,,i never even knew it existed,,i knew they toured briefly but that was it,,,taylor was THE ULTIMATE stones lead guitar player,,,IMO

Date: August 19, 2005 23:15

I mean the Jack Bruce Band live cd that is legit.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:16

Barcelona is probably the best of the '84 shows, performance and sound combined. As to Blowin' in the Wind, it's not MT on the guitar there, of course, but rather a very inspired Carlos....

Date: August 19, 2005 23:16

Chippy,

I am envious. That "Winter" ear candy sounds delicious. Man ............

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: August 19, 2005 23:17

Thanks T&A. I guess I got carried away with the MT spirit there.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: August 19, 2005 23:22

seen dylans tour in 88 with G.E. Smith on lead guitar ,,what a show ,,i was in front row & let me tell ya the band was so drugged up it was unbeleivable ,,they made keith richards look like hes normal,,i hav a very good SBD from Radio City on that tour ,,,r there any better 1s out their than that ,,any info appreciated

Date: August 19, 2005 23:43

1s from that great Radio City show... I don't know. I have the show and it sounds great on my cd. I wish I knew Chippy. Yes that 88 tour I remember that I had 3rd row in Dallas (I paid 85 bucks for it! and it was worth it!) I don't remember them being particulary drugged up for my show but for for your show it's of course possible (and probable!) Who could ever forget that drunken Dylan trying to sing "Teen angel" in 1987 at the hotel gig (was it in Maryland that one?) Anyway, you gotta love how Zimmy continually reinvents himself. I feel fortunate to have a "drunk show" from him. The last time I saw Dylan was in Zurich in 2004 and it was a good show. However I did miss Bucky ...... I never understood why Dylan didn't play Geneva that year. Geneva in fact gets skipped over by tons of artists and it just happens to be a very fun city albeit very conservative where people like to go dodo no later than 9pm. Nevertheless Zurich was fun and I miss the roasted chestnuts and bratwurst from the street vendors .....

Date: August 19, 2005 23:50

there's a couple of other '88 boards that circulate, the Jones Beach show is another really good one. Radio City show only drawback is that Dylan had pretty much lost his voice by that point in the tour...but he masks it very well with particularly effective phrasing.

Date: August 19, 2005 23:50

tanks charles ,,hopin to get another boot like that radio city 1,,thATS A GREAT 1,,,g.e.Smith was on fire that tour

Date: August 19, 2005 23:51

tanks T&A

Date: August 20, 2005 00:06

Yes Chippy, for a much-maligned guitarist, I happen to share your sentiment. I think G.E. Smith was and is an excellent guitarist. He was terrific on that tour. I love that "Joey". Thanks T&A! I think I have Jones Beach on cassette (LOL!) I need to upgrade I think to cd so I can listen to it while I tool around town.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: August 20, 2005 00:08

yeah - i'll not soon forget my '88 show - very early in the tour - Berkeley Greek - front row center. When they launched into SHB to open - I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. GE is a very under-rated and sympathetic guitarist. That was as pure a rock'n'roll show as I've ever seen.

Date: August 20, 2005 00:19

T&A, you saw what I consider to be the penultimate show of that tour. You got your "Joey" baby. Man what an awesome "Joey". Why did they want to go and blow him awaaaayy.

Man, I can hear Dylan singing this with Keith playing lead on this.

Date: August 20, 2005 00:58

ok - i'm waiting - what was the ultimate show of that tour, Charles?

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: August 20, 2005 02:04

Just listen to Mick Taylor+Eric Clapton from Bluesfestival Montevideo 2001. What can I say? Just listen!

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: August 20, 2005 23:38

I have a MT bootleg which has 5 songs by the Jack Bruce Band live from the Old Grey Whistle Test 1975, but i'm not that impressed with it, I find Jack Bruce a bit weird at times. The bootleg also has some "leftovers" from the Infidels sessions with Dylan which are realy good. Also 3 songs with the All Star Blues Band in 1996, can anyone tell me anything about that last line up?

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home