Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Being a Rolling Stone - it can also be tough
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 14, 2016 20:51

The morning after the last Buenos Aires concert, some of us went to a famous Sunday street market today. Many visitors and locals enjoying the sun, browsing shopping, a beer in a street cafe. We even saw a (to us) well known member of the Stones family.

But, and here is the tough part, probably none of Mick, Keith, Charlie or Ronnie can enjoy that normal part of life. Unless carefully organised, probably at a quiet time, they would be mobbed. Mostly it is hard to go outside their hotel rooms whilst on tour - there is no privacy elsewhere, no normality.

We see the occasional picture of them going out (restaurant, walk in some tourist area) and I guess they do get out sometimes, but on tour with security issues and well known faces - well for all the fame and fortune, which has many benefits, just doing some normal things can be very difficult or impossible. Being a Rolling Stone, or another famous star, has plenty of upsides - but it can also be tough.

Re: Being a Rolling Stone - it can also be tough
Posted by: django ()
Date: February 14, 2016 20:58

Yes, they have a hard life winking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 14, 2016 21:01

Yes being famous certainly has its downside the things most people take for granted like being able to walk around anonymously is of great value and not realised until you lose it.

Personally I think I would hate it.

Nate

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: February 14, 2016 21:11

That's why they have million day homes in countries we never heard off.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 14, 2016 21:12

.....this is a joke....correct?..

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: February 14, 2016 21:23

Of course you're right. But I think the feeling of standing on Stage an playing for so many people is it worth.

Keith also said that his dream would be to be an invisible rockstar.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 14, 2016 21:29

Been saying this for years. Hopefully the boys are happy where they are but I wouldn't want it. Those that wish for it I say all the best. We're all a little different. Fortunately they (our heroes) grew into it from a young age. We're seeing it from a now perspective, my two cents.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 14, 2016 21:45

Just seeing that post above mine after writing. I suspect and knew Keith was in tune all along. Plus would like to say thanks to The Stones for the sacrifices they've made because of fame. They are loved and revered by many I think. Perhaps this is a taboo subject? Anyhow, thank you to them.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 14, 2016 21:53

David Bowie said in an interview that having that level of fame had become such a burden that at times he wished he had never strived to become famous. That's why in his later years he decided to completely leave behind the life of a celebrity and tried his best to live anonymously in New York City and lead a normal kind of life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-14 21:53 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 14, 2016 22:43

Maybe they should write song about it...
maybe they will win an Academy Award Oscar too... It's Hard out Here won the Oscar

It's Hard Out Here For A Stone!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 14, 2016 22:55

I wouldn't say tough - I think they've been living that life for so long, it's second nature now. I can see where it can be a challenge at times or annoying, especially when it affects their family members.

Keith probably wishes he could take in a movie on his own once in a while. Mick, maybe wouldn't mind a night out without the entourage and press. Charlie must hate it ALL the time, but Ronnie? Jo said Ronnie couldn't stand it when they went to on a tropical vacation and no one recognized him.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 14, 2016 23:06

Yes, I'm sure they are sobbing all the way to the bank. Or chateau, or paradise island, charity or whatever. It isn't easy being a billionaire these days...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2016 23:30

Spent some time talking with Geoffrey Rush not long after the first
Pirates Of The Caribbean movie was released and of course the conversation
quickly got around to how he'd hung with Keith and The Stones esp Ronnie.

Geoffrey kept emphasizing to me how shocked he was at what a locked away life
they all lived and at the massive amount of time it took to choose..plan and arrange something as simple as a meal at a restaurant

ROCKMAN

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 14, 2016 23:37

Here's Mick with a Tango group called "Amores Tangos" on Friday's night:

[exitoina.perfil.com]

There's a video there, I can see Matt Clifford and Sasha with him.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 15, 2016 00:10

georgelicks
Here's Mick with a Tango group called "Amores Tangos" on Friday's night:

[exitoina.perfil.com]

There's a video there, I can see Matt Clifford and Sasha with him.

thumbs up
Thanks for posting georgelicks!!! In the video Mick first is yawning (?).... and then singing along LALALALA!!! Great!
He is still "taking the piss" out of everything (thumbs up) and enyoing it!!! LALALALALA!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-15 00:15 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 00:47

My heart bleeds for them!

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 15, 2016 01:16

stones are men of wealth & taste, they know all the tricks in the book how to live simple life too, happy they sre still playing live and going to make a new album.
STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE, KEEP ROCKING.

Date: February 15, 2016 01:22

and going to make a new album

Wish they'd get on with it ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 02:00

I think they love everything about being rock stars after 50 plus yrs its obvious

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: February 15, 2016 02:02

I read a Mick Jagger interview where he met the interviewer in New York on the street. Mick was wearing a disguise and the writer said that it's a common thing for big stars to do to get around in public. Even Mick and Keith aren't swarmed these days when they drop into a store in a small town. After all, it's not 1969 or 1971.

I had a laugh when a few years ago Bob Dylan was picked up by two police officers because he was snooping around some houses and he had no ID on him. The police didn't even know who he was. It sounds totally mind-blowing but this is time in action for you.

Think of 1984 and the "Do They Know It's Christmas" video and 1985 and the "We Are The World" video. The vast majority of those artists are lost in time, and lost in space, and meaning.

When I see one of those pop culture web page links (think of signing out of Outlook) at this point I don't know who 94% of the movie stars are and 95% of who the music/pop stars are. I am so out of it.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 15, 2016 05:57

Rockman
Spent some time talking with Geoffrey Rush not long after the first
Pirates Of The Caribbean movie was released and of course the conversation
quickly got around to how he'd hung with Keith and The Stones esp Ronnie.

Geoffrey kept emphasizing to me how shocked he was at what a locked away life
they all lived and at the massive amount of time it took to choose..plan and arrange something as simple as a meal at a restaurant

Thanks for this inside view from Mr. Rush, Rockman!
I know they ate at a place close to my old place when they were last in Ohio for Zip Code. No one knew, at first, anyway.

Mick seems to look for a place to take a quiet walk in every city...

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 14:55

My heart is bleeding ..........

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 15, 2016 17:43

They have privacy at their private residences and those areas. I mean they own more than one house, and they are able to move around in these areas, whether it is CT, T&C, Barcelona, London or some of the other places they have.

May be they don't take the tube. As long as they keep a low profile I am sure they can enjoy many places around the world with a normal life.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 15, 2016 19:30

Must be tough having your schedule controlled by tax laws
of particular countries.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 15, 2016 19:40

It must be incredibly tough having beautiful women throwing themselves at you wherever you go, eager to satisfy all of your erotic needs....very tough indeed....the horror

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: February 15, 2016 20:26

It was much easier in 60,70,80's i think. Now wherever they'll go everyone want to take a photo by phone etc. But i think the just got used to it. there's always a price to pay.

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: February 16, 2016 06:15

I always like Bruce Springsteen's quote on this. "I don't like it but I can live with fame; it's the music that I can't live without." I'm sure the lads have the same attitude

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 16, 2016 09:11

It's all relative. Everyone has problems in their lives. Money doesn't erase that.

Date: February 16, 2016 09:41

Everyone has problems in their lives. Money doesn't erase that.

Can ya lend me a couple of $$$mill so I can find out

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 16, 2016 09:58

Being a Rolling Stone - it can also be tough

I don't Think so...Who wouldn't love to remain living as a 12 years old for the rest of their lives?

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home