Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith "Main Offender" European LP variation?
Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: February 14, 2016 16:06

You do not come across vinyl editions of Keith's "Main Offender" all that often, but yesterday I saw a copy at a local 2nd hand record store that differs from my copy. I checked Discogs and the copy I saw in the store was identical to the LP as described on Discogs: European pressing, barcode printed on back cover, printed inner sleeve on thin matte paper. My copy is also a European pressing but has the barcode on a sticker in the top right hand corner of the back cover and the inner sleeve is printed on shiny cardboard. Are there two different versions of the European "Main Offender" LP?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-14 16:07 by MrEcho.

Re: Keith "Main Offender" European LP variation?
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 14, 2016 16:36

Just looked at my copy and it's the same. Also looked at the matrix in the dead wax and found out there is a "2" lightly machine stamped after the 1- which is on both sides. Guess I have a second pressing? If so, I'm surprised there would be in those days. Anyhow, nice LP to have. Cheers.

Date: February 14, 2016 17:06

frankotero
Just looked at my copy and it's the same. Also looked at the matrix in the dead wax and found out there is a "2" lightly machine stamped after the 1- which is on both sides. Guess I have a second pressing? If so, I'm surprised there would be in those days. Anyhow, nice LP to have. Cheers.

The same as Discogs or the same as my copy?

The "2" is also on my copy. Inner sleeve on shiny cardboard.

Is the inner sleeve of your copy matte paper or shiny cardboard?

Date: February 14, 2016 17:16

Shiny and nearly as thick as the outer sleeve. Wonder if there were different pressings? Thinking of this, did you know the live Winos LP is numbered? Keith did some cool vinyl stuff.

Date: February 14, 2016 20:17

frankotero
Shiny and nearly as thick as the outer sleeve. Wonder if there were different pressings? Thinking of this, did you know the live Winos LP is numbered? Keith did some cool vinyl stuff.

Then it's the same as my copy. The copy I saw at the 2nd hand store yesterday had a thin paper inner sleeve, the text and graphics were the same, though. No sticker on the back. I'll try to go back there tomorrow to buy it. It was cheap.
I know about the live Winos LP being numbered. I have # 2254.

Date: February 14, 2016 20:27

I would say get it. Not sure what the thing you saw was on Discogs. Happy rocking!

Date: February 14, 2016 20:55

frankotero
I would say get it. Not sure what the thing you saw was on Discogs. Happy rocking!

Here's the Discogs listing with the thin paper inner sleeve: [www.discogs.com] The copy I saw at the store was identical.

My copy has a shiny cardboard inner sleeve and a record company barcode sticker over the regular barcode printed on the backcover.

Date: February 14, 2016 21:23

Hmm, my first thought is we're comparing an USA description LP to EU. The Discogs pictures look to be EU. I think we both have an original EU pressing, even though there's a "2". Maybe the US version is rarer, don't know. My opinion is we're lucky to have this one. Keep rocking!

Date: February 15, 2016 23:22

OK, so I went back to the 2nd hand store and bought the "Main Offender" LP:

Outer sleeve has barcode and UK, French and German catalogue numbers printed on the back in the top right hand corner.

Printed inner sleeve made out of matte paper.

UK catalogue number on labels.

Matrix number A-side: 092 DM G-4880 A-1
Matrix number B-side: 092 DM G-4880 B-1

---

The "Main Offender" LP that I bought some time ago differs in the following details:

Outer sleeve has barcode and UK and German catalogue numbers only on a sticker on the back in the top right hand corner. The outer sleeve also is contructed differently. It has wider inside flaps. The print also looks darker than on the above pressing.

Printed inner sleeve made out of shiny cardboard.

UK catalogue number on labels.

Matrix number A-side: 092 DM G-4880 A-1 + D + VUSLP 59 A-1-1- and a very faint number 2 (or 3?)
Matrix number B-side: 092 DM G-4880 B-1 + D + VUSLP 59 B-1-1- and very faint number 2

So, apparently there were two different European pressings.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-15 23:25 by MrEcho.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home