Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ollie Brown on '73 tour?
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: August 19, 2005 06:40

Dunno if anyone remembers a coffee table book from the late 70's called Rock Concerts which features a lot of great gig shots of various bands.I was looking at the Stones photos the other day-they're definitely from the '73 European Tour(Taylor,Preston,Mick's outfit,etc.)but there is someone right behind Keith playing conga drums who is credited as being Ollie Brown and looks like Ollie.I hear no evidence of this on any of the recordings of the '73 shows and have never seen him credited on that tour.Did he perhaps just guest on one show?Does anybody know and,if so,what show?The book lists no locations.Just curious.

Re: Ollie Brown on '73 tour?
Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: August 19, 2005 07:17

From Nico www.nzentgraf.de:

1st September - 19th October: THE ROLLING STONES. European Tour.
Line-up: MJ (voc, harm)/KR (gtr, voc)/MT (gtr)/BW (bass)/CW (dr)/Billy Preston
(p, org, clavinet)/Bobby Keys (sax)/Trevor Lawrence (sax)/Steve Madaio (tp, tb)
Note: At some shows Marshall Chess was invited to join the band for the encore to play some tambourine

Posted by: peter ()
Date: August 19, 2005 09:17

Ollie played with the Stones on the 1975 tour in the USA.....I know for sure he was at the LA Forum dates as I have photos of him......Peter in SF

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 19, 2005 11:01

And I do think Ollie was on tour with them in 72. Although he was playing wth Stevie Wonder.
I could see them gewtting someone up there in London or so.In '73

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: August 19, 2005 11:38

On the famous "Welcome to NY" 26/07/72 soundboard you can hear clearly some congas on YCAGWYW. As Chelsea pointed, he was playing with the Stevie Wonder band, so I assume is Ollie Brown, too.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home