Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The return of vinyl
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 15, 2016 19:58

What I REALLY miss is making cassette compilations from vinyl. I distinctly remember the 45 of Der Kommissar and how the bass created a wobble that was captured on cassette mainly because you could 'pot up or pot down' the sound to your liking, putting it in the red when needed. (Which especially helped when some records weren't of the highest fidelity). A CD of the same song did not have that bass wobble. I know I could spend a lot of money and probably create the 'pot up or pot down' effect with CDs and MP3s, but I'm too lazy and too cheap. I especially miss being able to add snippets of dialogue to compilations and to be able to 'pot down' a song and end it when it goes on a couple minutes too long.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2016 22:40

24FPS
What I REALLY miss is making cassette compilations from vinyl. I distinctly remember the 45 of Der Kommissar and how the bass created a wobble that was captured on cassette mainly because you could 'pot up or pot down' the sound to your liking, putting it in the red when needed. (Which especially helped when some records weren't of the highest fidelity). A CD of the same song did not have that bass wobble. I know I could spend a lot of money and probably create the 'pot up or pot down' effect with CDs and MP3s, but I'm too lazy and too cheap. I especially miss being able to add snippets of dialogue to compilations and to be able to 'pot down' a song and end it when it goes on a couple minutes too long.

...ah...you're showing my age.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 21, 2016 00:03

Rockman
Hey yeah good ta see ya runnin' a SOTA ... incredible Turntable
I gotta SOTA Sapphire full of buck-shot ... Ya could jack-hammer beside it and that needle won't jump ...

*If I'm ever in Australia, I'm coming over to listen to your vinyl
Exile On Mainstreet
My old vinyl/ player did not survive shipping from MN to CA a thousand years ago, and when I left, I left. I do not hang onto stuff.
In other words, I have not heard Exile on vinyl with a really sweet system
in a long, long time. Unless I fall into serious crazy cash or something, I am staying all digital or CD's.

Edit: I wrote 'vinyls' but it's cool, I really don't know what I'm talking about, it's been bloody decades since I've had one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-21 00:06 by 35love.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 21, 2016 00:47

Hey yeah you are welcome anytime 35 ..... hope ya find yaself some crazy cash

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 21, 2016 00:56

video: [www.youtube.com]

(First record played in space)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-21 00:57 by Aquamarine.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home