Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 17 of 22
Re: Buenos Aires show-1 La Plata 07-Feb-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 8, 2016 04:45

It is, isn't it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 8, 2016 04:45

Anybody elses ears ringing? First time from a periscope feed. Feeling proud of the Stones, solid performance, great guitars , good vocals (all 50,000 of them) ...definitely impressed by that crowd. Thanks for the feeds.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 8, 2016 04:46

I love Ronnies jackets that he wears on stage.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 8, 2016 04:46

sarahunwin
everwest1
Green Lady

Cant express my gratitude enough to you GL, you are awesome in these threads smiling smiley
Thank you

I'll drink to that!

Yes, thanks much GL. smiling smiley

Date: February 8, 2016 04:47

A-HA! found out how to make it appear.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: February 8, 2016 04:47

latebloomer
sarahunwin
everwest1
Green Lady

Cant express my gratitude enough to you GL, you are awesome in these threads smiling smiley
Thank you

I'll drink to that!

what they all said!

many thanks

Posted by: lilz ()
Date: February 8, 2016 04:49

Green Lady
A-HA! found out how to make it appear.

Great!! I never manage to deal with instagram. Thank you!

Date: February 8, 2016 04:50

To quote Rockman: pleasure...

Hope everyone at the show gets home safely - sounds as if there was some trouble outside.

Goodnight.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 04:50

CloudCat
latebloomer
sarahunwin
everwest1
Green Lady

Thank you

I'll drink to that!

what they all said!

many thanks

Yes, thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 04:50 by stones2000.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 8, 2016 04:55

For the love of God, why would they play "Has Anybody Seen My"? What's next "Streets of Love"? Out of the hundreds of songs in the catalog that one? Maybe it was a big hit down there. KD Lang probably can use the cash.

Date: February 8, 2016 04:59

Green Lady
To quote Rockman: pleasure...

Hope everyone at the show gets home safely - sounds as if there was some trouble outside.

Goodnight.

That's a great picture

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: February 8, 2016 05:01

KD lange sorted faded out of sighjt? Does she still tour? I think the video with a young Angelina Jolie was the best thing to come out of that song. Did the crowd know it?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 8, 2016 05:09

Thank you---
Honestly, I've never seen/ been involved/ felt a crowd like that before-
they took me on a ride. I got up to SFTD and the 2 seconds on/ 15 seconds off, maneuvering a phone and iPad, it became a no- go, but while the scope came through, I was riveted. Looking forward to any utube posts next few days.
'Paint It Black'
Blew my mind. Literally my mouth hanging with my hand over it, trying not to scream I guess? or just disbelief, not sure. What a kick asss concert. Felt like one in a million/ historic.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: February 8, 2016 05:18

Things got rough outside the stadium

[youtu.be]

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 05:35

Nate
everwest1
EddieByword
EddieByword
Copy and paste as if you were writing something to post............5 seconds.........

He cant be botehred.... he is busy... watching the Stones...

That's certainly not true I assure you if I knew how to post a link then I would I am aware that probably 99% of people know how to but I'm afraid I'm in the 1% of people with basic skills when using computers

I'm sorry

Nate

On an iPad to get the link, swipe to the right to bring the Periscoper's information up. You'll see Share. Tap it. You'll then see Twitter, Followers, Facebook, scroll the list to the left and you'll find Copy Link. Tap it and you have the link to post to IORR.

I share to Twitter, my Facebook wall, my Periscope followers and Undercover. Usually by the time I've shared to those four, the link has been posted here five times. smiling smiley

Add debbie.tiger to the Facebook url if you want to send a friend request so you can check for Periscope links there. But nine times out of ten, if it hasn't been posted here - I'm still looking for one too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 05:54 by GlimmerGirl24.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 8, 2016 05:40

Nate, you are sweet to be so concerned...you tried your best and most everyone appreciates the effort. Don't give it another thought. smileys with beer

Date: February 8, 2016 05:45

EddieByword
Nate
I I just can't work out how to post links
I I just can't work out how to post links

Nate

Are you using a mouse?
If not how do you copy a piece of text? With a mouse you draw the cursor across writing (any writing) and make it turn blue......if you can do this then 'right click' and select 'copy' and then go to the iorr page and instead of using the keyboard to type a mesage 'right click' again and select 'paste'..........and then post as you post a message.

If you still can't do that, you could phsically write down the address in the address bar and type it into one of your iorr posts............

Nate is using the Periscope iPad app. There is an option to copy the link, but it's hidden. It's not like a browser where you can copy and paste at the top of the screen. Once he has the link copied he has to switch to IORR in a browser app to paste it. If he's not quick - he'll come back and find Periscope closed the feed when he switched apps.

I keep the Periscope app up on my iPhone so I can copy the link to post to my Facebook wall. On a night with connection issues - I'm afraid I won't get back into the concert if I switch apps on the iPad. And when the Kitten Cats walk across the iPad, I have conniptions thinking they might touch the X - closing out the scope. They've done it a few times. smiling smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 8, 2016 05:58

Just got back - felt like a midget being tossed around by the English rugby team. What a workout, insane crowd. To answer the post above, Anybody Seen My Baby is a brazen attempt to curry favor with the crowd by having Mick and Bernard rapping various local place names. Works a charm. But yeah, I agree with you ...

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: February 8, 2016 06:14

Amazing in 2016 Stones can still cause pandemonium at a concert..hope everyone is OK.

Posted by: Primoterium ()
Date: February 8, 2016 06:20

I know, it's only rock&roll, but i like it...

video: [www.youtube.com]

Saludos desde Argentina.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 8, 2016 06:27

It definitely seemed like a raucous crowd there tonight from the periscope feed. All the activity outside the arena with the lawlessness and whatever is great publicity for the Stones. Just like the 70's. It makes them relevant in 2016. These fans know the songs. I don't think the Stones can use that excuse for not playing deep cuts anymore. I did notice a slight letdown when that damn cowbell announced the arrival of the warhorse run.

That is what a general admission crowd can do to a show. I'm rather jealous about that. Stupid American bullsh*t rules. They rob a concert audience of a great show by putting those crappy cheap chairs on the floor. Then they stock it with mellow yellows fans because of the outrageous pricing. Get rid of it already.

Posted by: aliceinseattle ()
Date: February 8, 2016 06:44

Did they play. "You Can't Always Get What You Want".

Date: February 8, 2016 06:49

I think the Super Bowl broke Periscope.

There were some connection issues the first half of the concert - but not so bad the scope dropped. Those could have been weather related - I remember having connections that were unstable and a poor signal last summer when a rain storm moved out just before the concert.

The connection was completely lost just about the time the half time show started and Periscope was flooded with people Periscoping it. Which I don't understand - it was broadcasted on a non cable channel. smiling smiley

Let's hope the second show goes better and the problem was weather and Super Bowl related. I've heard this person will be Periscoping:

@marcucho87

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 06:59

GlimmerGirl24
I think the Super Bowl broke Periscope.

There were some connection issues the first half of the concert - but not so bad the scope dropped. Those could have been weather related - I remember having connections that were unstable and a poor signal last summer when a rain storm moved out just before the concert.

The connection was completely lost just about the time the half time show started and Periscope was flooded with people Periscoping it. Which I don't understand - it was broadcasted on a non cable channel. smiling smiley

Let's hope the second show goes better and the problem was weather and Super Bowl related. I've heard this person will be Periscoping:

@marcucho87

Makes sense, the way the scopes were dropping seemed odd. Thank you for your insight on this and the other things above you explained (quite well btw) e.g. like the hidden links and how to find them. I copied that to paste later if/when it is needed.

Good news about @marcucho87

Date: February 8, 2016 07:04

ChefGuevara
Things got rough outside the stadium

[youtu.be]

Oh man I hope nobody got hurt

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 07:16

stones2000
CloudCat
latebloomer
sarahunwin
everwest1
Green Lady

Thank you

I'll drink to that!

what they all said!

many thanks

Yes, thank you!

Thank you so much Green Ladysmileys with beer

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 07:38

i just arrived home before the show. Great performance, maybe too much "new stuff". But "out of control" works fine here in Argentina. i`d preffered "can`t you hear me knocking" of course, but it was a strong concert and the people was shocked by the power of the band tonight. 5 stars. See you again next wednesday.

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: February 8, 2016 07:41

let me add that the atmosphere was great, people was very happy and there was no violence at all. this is what i can say.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 8, 2016 08:18

I didn't see any violence either, and this in a city where people are treated like adults and allowed to drink beer outside the venue (gasp!) ... Everyone in the mosh pit was looking out for everyone else. I think people were generally too soaked and exhausted to fight.

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: February 8, 2016 09:18

eduardoacdc
Oh keith.... His guitar had B tuning and the rest was in B flat at the begining of Happy
They did Happy in B-Flat because I was in the stadium!!!

Yes, everyone was playing Happy in B except Keith! Anyway, it was fantastic.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 17 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home