Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

It looks like the stage lifts up!
Posted by: whit ()
Date: August 18, 2005 22:18

Looking carefully at the photos from Fenway seems to confirm that the extreme height of the stage as shown in the posted blueprints is correct - at least some of the time. I believe the stage is going to occasionally rise up and be very close to the on-stage sections. Look at the photos closely and you can see the columns that the stage will lift up around and the flat tops which will become part of the stage floor when it is all the way up. When the stage is at it's highest level, it matches the height in the drawings that caused so much confusion. The on-stage tickets are going to offer a closer view than everyone thought.

Re: It looks like the stage lifts up!
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 18, 2005 22:20

Whoa! Really? That would be ultra-cool....

Re: It looks like ... ?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 19, 2005 13:07

okay, maybe if i ask you the same question over here, you (or someone!) will tell me what it is you see in the pictures that lead you to believe the stage will rise, please and thank you. i hope the pictures i posted on the same thread on shidoobee will help you (or someone!) point out what it is you're lookin at:

[p081.ezboard.com]

thanks!

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 19, 2005 13:42

well, the stage is definetly different from the blueprints. there the stage is lifted up, here it is on the ground.

perhaps the stage will lift up during the show, BUT maybe it is just so they can put all the equipment on there easily and lift it up when everything's ready.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 19, 2005 13:56

The blueprints are made by Stageco, who provide the steel structure for the stage backbone. Not the complete stage with lights, sound, decor, performing area etc.

Date: August 19, 2005 14:13

>> maybe it is just so they can put all the equipment on there easily and lift it up when everything's ready. <<

that would certainly make sense! but i'm curious what it is that others see that leads them to believe that it'll be in motion during the show.

- Keith

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: August 19, 2005 14:13

WHAT!!! we here at copsnrobbers don't see that Whit but it looks so cool and yet puzzling to figure out the details in the post , and where can we see the prints? which website?. you could be right about the flat tops too looks like a cat walk back in play too,.. good post thank you copsnrobbers

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 19, 2005 14:15

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but i'm curious what it is that others see that leads them to
> believe that it'll be in motion during the show.

I don't believe it will be in motion during the show.

Date: August 19, 2005 14:16

here's a thread with the blueprints and a detailed discussion of them:
[p081.ezboard.com]

- Keith

Posted by: LE PAUL JAGGER ()
Date: August 19, 2005 15:35

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 19, 2005 15:41

It would be pretty cool if instead of running on to stage, the band is on-stage as it rises from the ground into view. Similar effect to the 1975 Lotus stage, opening as the band played HTW.

Karl

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: August 19, 2005 18:25

Not to be a downer, but it looks to me like the "on-stage" seats are far to the left/right & way up high. In short...no thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home