Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Instant Boot Thing
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 18, 2005 08:15

Does anyone here think the Stones ahould start doing what the Dead, Pearl Jam and (of all people) Billy Idol are doing? Namely to record every show themsleves and sell the inst-boot right after the show? Jagger loves a good moneymaker; it seems like he would jump on this idea. But it doesn't seem like they are doing it. I am really not convinced that I am too crazy about the whole idea. And I don't know why. I sort of like the whole crime aspect of the pirate recordings.
Still, is it the way of the future?

Re: The Instant Boot Thing
Date: August 18, 2005 08:46

Great idea, i think Buffett does that too, i dont think it would happen though, one person buys it, and rips it and its everyones

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 18, 2005 09:09

I think with the Stones, Mick and Keith would want to mix the recordings so they sound good before releasing it to the public.

I think KISS were doing the instant boots on their last tour.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: August 18, 2005 09:18

ChelseaDrugstore we here at copsnrobbers agree with you "I sort of like the whole crime aspect" inst-boot is not on our favs list beside this would lead to cencership by the artist as to what they feel is boot releaseable what do you think thank you copsnrobbers

Posted by: jss ()
Date: August 18, 2005 12:19

i think that the instalive would be great...i have a couple from the allmans and the sound is crisp and clear...regardless of if it gets ripped at $25.00 a copy and X amount of people line up for their copy, there is some decent coin to be made...there are some places that don't allow insta, such as the beacon in nyc, something to do with unions...the boys couple play there and release that as a tour version, provided the show was up to snuff...again the allmans did that a couple of years ago and put out a nice double album from there....

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 18, 2005 15:13

i don't think it's a good idea, it'd be on the internet in an hour and you wouldn't have something special. they should have done that when the internet wasn't used for this purpose.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: August 18, 2005 15:15

Something like Instant Live recordings the Black Crowes are releasing right after each show would be nice. They're expensive though. Could be a way for The Stones of making more money, they know almost every show turns up eventually.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 18, 2005 15:24

The Who are selling the CDs of their shows online - no download possible and quite expensive

Metallica are selling their shows for 10 or 12 USD, depending if you want them in MP3 or FLAC. I think that's the best thing to do.

My guess is that the Stones would have announced it already if they were planning to do it for the new tour. I suppose they would have had to deal with their record company and with Mr. Klein...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Jack Flash ()
Date: August 18, 2005 15:35

Where can I get the Billy Idol recordings? I saw him live in May at a theater, and it honestly was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Steve Stevens was amazing and Billy was in top form. I'd kill to get a copy of that show.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: August 18, 2005 15:51

It would be a great service to the fans, espec. assuming this is the last big World tour. And if they sell immediatly after the gig, they can make some good money too.
They know all gigs show up anyway but let us enjoy them for one time in all excellent quality.
But ofcourse Jagger is not even considering this idea. Just like I have big doubts whether he will ever allow releasing interesting stuff (live, rehearsals, outtakes,etc.) from the past on short term.
Look what Dylan does with the bootleg series, and he is still performing!

Posted by: davido ()
Date: August 18, 2005 16:53

I think would be a great idea. I bought the Who Toronto show online,
It was cheaper than a silver disc boot, and excellent quality.
I somehow doubt the Stones will do this tho. They seem to
like to overdub and fix up their live shows............

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: August 18, 2005 17:13

I would appreciate such recordings as it's a big memory. .. and we would not have to wait for bad boots...

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: August 18, 2005 17:30

DGA35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think with the Stones, Mick and Keith would want
> to mix the recordings so they sound good before
> releasing it to the public.
>
> I think KISS were doing the instant boots on their
> last tour.

Correct!

Just like they did to Live Licks - overdub it to death....just to make things "perfect" to their ears.....and cover mistakes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1416
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home