Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Track Talk: Walking The Dog (New)
Date: February 3, 2016 23:41

He discovered open G. That was a blessing AND a curse for him, imo.

It was good that he came back focusing more on lead playing again in the mid-70s.

Stuff like Fingerprint File, SFTD (LYL), Let Me Go (Still Life) and Down In The Hole put a smile on my face. A unique guitarist is playing there. No one else plays it like that thumbs up

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 4, 2016 09:14

runaway
Naturalust
Big Al
runaway
I enjoyed this track at the time and still do, great Keith guitar solo

Indeed; in fact their debut is littered with great Keith solo's. I shouldn't think their were too many lead
-guitarists in the beat-music scene who could quite match Keith. He was definitely one of the hottest lead-guitarists, part of a group. He's thought-of as the 'riff-master' and rhythm-guitarist extraordinaire; yet, pre-Jumpin' Jack Flash, it was about those solos: Route 66, Little By Little, Bye Bye Johnny and She Said Yeah. In fact; too many to mention!

thumbs up Yes back when Keith fancied himself a lead guitarist. grinning smiley I often wonder what it was that kept him from further developing those skills since it seemed such a big part of his early persona. Perhaps it was guitarists like Clapton, Jeff Beck and Hendrix or perhaps it was just when his songwriter persona took over and he realized the importance of the rhythm and groove.

Keith's power are his riffs he learned from: "The Great American Blues Musicians" and made his own.

Keith is like Miles. Perhaps the most recognized on his instrument, without really being able to play it.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: February 4, 2016 10:38

Come On

Keith is like Miles. Perhaps the most recognized on his instrument, without really being able to play it.

C'mon, he's not that bad. And while he may be the most overrated guitarist in rock history, Mick Taylor proves that being able to play better than Keith Richards doesn't necessarily count for much.

Walking The Dog: love the youthful brashness here. It's cool like Stray Cat Blues is cool. If you were a teenager in 1964 I imagine it didn't get much cooler (or wetter judging from the wet panty hysteria displayed by the girls in the old TV clips) than this.

Date: February 4, 2016 11:06

What is «really being able to play it» anyway?

Forget ABC, school book-definitions or technical accomplishments. Music is all about conveying emotions.

Both Keith's and Miles's playing does that big time.

Date: February 4, 2016 11:09

Swayed1967
Come On

C'mon, he's not that bad. And while he may be the most overrated guitarist in rock history, Mick Taylor proves that being able to play better than Keith Richards doesn't necessarily count for much.

Actually, my comment were without interest from the standpoint of being a skilled guitarist, it was more a verification of the importance of the rhythm and groove as was mentioned in the post before mine.

Keith and Pete (Townshend) is the Kings of rhythm and groove...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 4, 2016 11:12

Townshend !!!! ..... Awww come on Come On

ROCKMAN

Date: February 4, 2016 11:15

Rockman
Townshend !!!! ..... Awww come on Come On
OK, delete Townshend then..grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: February 4, 2016 11:17

Yeah bring in Willie Johnson .....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 4, 2016 11:21

Rockman
Yeah bring in Willie Johnson .....

mmm that's a great guy...I got a double CD (home-made) with his stuff...Blind Willie Johnson that is...

Date: February 4, 2016 11:36

eeeerrrr no wrong Willie .... Wolf guitar boy in the early days and
also did some great grinding stuff for guys like Willie Nix ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: February 4, 2016 14:52

Great cover. The only thing that annoys me, is Jones' back-up vocal, which I find totally over the top and sounding like he wants to compete with the lead-vocal.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home