Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: 2016 Ole Tour Poster
Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 21:54

Cool Chile Ole' Ole' Ole' poster... and I am not going to say I this one better, even if I do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-03 21:56 by everwest1.

Re: América Latina Olé 2016 Tour Posters
Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 3, 2016 21:57

Holy Stones!

I adore that original Chile poster, the unofficial one!

~"Love is Strong"~

Re: 2016 Ole Tour Poster
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 23:37

Doc
Since the guy is selling prints by himself, I'm not sure it is the official poster.
But it sure looks really good !

Really like it, can feel my wallet getting lighter again.

Posted by: RoyalHue ()
Date: February 4, 2016 16:57

The official Santiago poster was my design. Personally very pleased how it turned out and honored it was chosen for the tour. I appreciate all the compliments offered, great to hear the feedback from committed fans.

For those interested in the design's backstory, it was inspired by a street art mural in the Bellavista Barrio in Santiago. The poster design was all hand drawn including the type elements.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-06 15:12 by bv.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: February 4, 2016 17:04

Good one, and congrats RoyalHue !

Posted by: radkovskii85 ()
Date: February 6, 2016 08:50

Posted by: samakira ()
Date: February 6, 2016 10:18

How do I put picture in forum? When using URL it only shows the URL but not the picture directly.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 6, 2016 11:30

[ img] URL [/img ] (without the spaces)

Date: February 6, 2016 12:25

Oke, let's give it a go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-06 12:27 by samakira.

Date: February 6, 2016 16:33

RoyalHue
The official Santiago poster was my design. Personally very pleased how it turned out and honored it was chosen for the tour. I appreciate all the compliments offered, great to hear the feedback from committed fans.

For those interested in the design's backstory, it was inspired by a street art mural in the Bellavista Barrio in Santiago. The poster design was all hand drawn including the type elements.

[i.imgur.com]

Congratulations!!
Reading the back story and seeing the inspirational picture makes it SPECTACULAR!!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 8, 2016 18:16

RoyalHue

Very good work !
At 1st I was kinda surprised but it's a local inspiration and a great work.

The Buenos Aires 1st litho is very inspired by the one created for Rome 2014.
A bit like Nashville 2015 vs Melbourne 2015

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 8, 2016 19:09

RoyalHue, I forgot to say, good going, once again!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 8, 2016 19:15

For those interested in the other works of the Royal Hue Studio, have a look here: [www.krop.com] or [www.Facebook.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-09 19:15 by Irix.

Date: February 8, 2016 20:49

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 9, 2016 01:49

Thanks for the backstory on Santiago, RoyalHue. Nice work.

Samakira, are the February 10 and 13 posters your designs? If not, whose are they?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-09 01:54 by bye bye johnny.

Date: February 9, 2016 03:55

Handova
Good one, and congrats RoyalHue !

Many thanks Handova! It was an honor as always to do work for the Stones.

everwest1
Glad you liked the backstory and appreciated where the idea came from. A large part of my job is research and finding local inspiration. Thank you.

Doc
Thank you! I figured some context would help relay the direction for the poster. Chile and also Santiago have a huge Street Art culture where it apparently is encouraged and not considered illegal smiling smiley

angee
Glad you dug this design too Angee. I really try to give each poster a individual quality and attempt to embody each location. Was really happy with this one. It took me longer to execute this design that any other of mine to date.

Irix
I really appreciate the promotion of my work Irix. Admittedly, I'm pretty poor at doing it myself smiling smiley The irony is real rich there. Everyone is always welcome to like or see my Facebook page "Royal Hue Studio" to see what I'm working on and what's next on the horizon.

bye bye johnny
I'm glad you liked the work and the background. Many thanks.

Date: February 9, 2016 03:59

cool smiley

Date: February 9, 2016 08:13

Argentina 2nd show ain't bad, but the tongue does not stant out very visibly...
What's the specific inspiration behind this design ?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 9, 2016 09:48

10.2.15 has a similar design to one of the Europe posters(more of a yellowish hue I believe). Same designer?

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: February 9, 2016 14:14

Doc

Just a guess, but perhaps the La Boca area?
INFO:
[thefluffymojito.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 9, 2016 14:46

I like the colorful theme that is happening on this tour. Maybe it inspired them to play She's A Rainbow? Anyhow, hope this trend continues.

Date: February 9, 2016 18:00

Plink
Doc

Just a guess, but perhaps the La Boca area?
INFO:
[thefluffymojito.com]

Thanks for the hint !
It's probably it.
Sadly the tong is not very visible in the poster. Hopefully the contrast will be better on the prints

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 9, 2016 18:21

RoyalHue

I was curious about what inspired the Santiago lithograph - thank you for posting and sharing the mural. It's a very creative tongue poster - one of my favorites.

Date: February 12, 2016 16:20

GlimmerGirl24
RoyalHue

I was curious about what inspired the Santiago lithograph - thank you for posting and sharing the mural. It's a very creative tongue poster - one of my favorites.

Awesome to hear! Glad you liked it, thank you.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 13, 2016 01:54

The official La Plata Show 3 poster gets the venue wrong... :-(

[www.rollingstones.com]

Date: February 13, 2016 13:16

bye bye johnny

The official La Plata Show 3 poster gets the venue wrong... :-(

The graphic designer has probably watched AC/DC's Live at River Plate .... winking smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 13, 2016 13:52

GlimmerGirl24

Same here - I was looking all over the www for hints about archaic Chilean alphabets and the like,
so it's very nice to have that backstory. Is the street artist who originated it someone known?
Did you have a chance to talk with him/her? In any case, very cool and evocative design. Well done Royal Hue

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 13, 2016 18:07

Doc

Thinking the same, i reckon a very brightr red tongue would have been a lot better.

Date: February 14, 2016 23:10

with sssoul
GlimmerGirl24

Same here - I was looking all over the www for hints about archaic Chilean alphabets and the like,
so it's very nice to have that backstory. Is the street artist who originated it someone known?
Did you have a chance to talk with him/her? In any case, very cool and evocative design. Well done Royal Hue

The inspiration mural itself is done by the artistic duo of Fran and Fisura known together as 'Peka'. They are pretty well known street artists. Both from Santiago and I've seen a few other murals they've done in other Chilean cities. Not a tremendous amount I could find on them personally. They are self-taught and known for a bold two-tone style, recreating the directness of Precolumbian and Polynesian art. They also include some machine and robotic elements in their designs to draw attention to their views that we should all guard against becoming robots.

Date: February 15, 2016 20:51

Official Posters Montevideo (Uruguay), 16-Feb-2016:

Artwork by Charlotte Watts (Charlie's granddaughter): [www.Instagram.com] · [rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com] · [store.interscope.com] · [www.shop.musictoday.com]

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com] · [store.interscope.com] · [www.shop.musictoday.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-16 19:00 by Irix.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home