Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Suggestion: Expanding the concert archives of IORR
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 16, 2016 16:55

Hello,

I think the IORR concert archives are a great gift by Björnulf to us as he spent and still spends a lot of his time to preserve the history of the Rolling Stones.

So I would like to know what you would think of expanding the archives of IORR as I know that a lot of you have attended concerts before 1994. As I like Björnulf's idea of a list where you have a review section at the right (Used sice 1997) I had the idea of creating such pages for the 1989/1990 and 1994/1995 tours too with a "Memory page" instead of a review page (and of course maybe for tours prior to 1989 if we find the time). Everybody can then post her or his memorys from the 1989-1995 shows and we will create sites like for example this: [www.iorr.org].

I first created a list for every 1989 show from the Steel Wheels tour.
Please post your suggestions to this idea. If you have the time, you can also check my list for mistakes because even though I checked it several times, there could be some mistakes in it as I'm only a human too smiling smiley.

Thanks and enjoy your weekend.

All credits for the style of list go to Björnulf; he invented this design.

Re: Suggestion: Expanding the concert archives of IORR
Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: January 16, 2016 17:03

I saw two of the Shea Stadium shows - they were incredible. Unique in their time - I'd never seen staging like that before. In fact I lived in Queens at that time and you could actually see parts of the stage (above Shea Stadium) as you drove by, that's how huge that staging was. When Jagger appeared at the top of the stage (higher than the top of Shea Stadium) to sing Sympathy For The Devil was a mind blower. Truly an amazing concert. The Stones At The Max film really only captures a bit of the full effect. It's also amazing how huge the band was then. Look at the capacities (all sell outs I'm sure). Six nights at Shea for example. No way they could come close to those drawers now with the prices they charge.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 16, 2016 19:00

Concert-Tour-Chronology 1963-2016: [en.wikipedia.org] ,

Complete Concertlog 1962-2016: [www.timeisonourside.com] .

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 16, 2016 19:30

Nice. Good memories> I saw about 15 of these shows including all at Shea

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home