Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Crew Working Day & Night
Posted by: swec12 ()
Date: August 17, 2005 12:21

Check out Tuesday's Boston report over on Shidoobee.

Re: Crew Working Day & Night
Posted by: ADRIAN_L ()
Date: August 17, 2005 13:04

looking at the webcam, those cranes are swinging around, all the time.
The Crew sure are busy-boys.

Posted by: swec12 ()
Date: August 17, 2005 22:19

I took a ride to Fenway this morning to check things out.The streets around the park are closed due to all the trucks but I got quick look at the stage coming over the wall.The wall they call the "Green Monster" is 37' and the screen on top of that is 23'.The stage looked to be about 20' above that, so far.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 18, 2005 00:54

Any new photos available of the stage?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 18, 2005 01:03

swec12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I took a ride to Fenway this morning to check
> things out.The streets around the park are closed
> due to all the trucks but I got quick look at the
> stage coming over the wall.The wall they call the
> "Green Monster" is 37' and the screen on top of
> that is 23'.The stage looked to be about 20' above
> that, so far.

What? How could the stage be 43 feet aboove the Green Monster? You mean the stage structure, I assume....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 18, 2005 01:31

I have some photos and reports. Coming soon here on a new Boston page.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 18, 2005 01:32

Thank you much..........I can't stand it! I wish I were in Boston now.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 18, 2005 01:42

Don't forget that the real and original Boston is a small coastal town in Lincolnshire, England.

Famous for its stump!

www.bostonuk.com

www.bostonuk.com/gallery/index.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-18 01:58 by Four Stone Walls.

Date: August 18, 2005 02:08

Ah yes, interesting.

Their next gig is in Hartford. Now that will be named after the village in Cheshire or the one in Cambridgeshire.

Wahington - Lincolnshire again, I think.

Dallas. Somewhere in Scotland, n'est-ce pas?

Denver - Norfolk or Cambridgeshire (possibly Lincolnshire).

However, I'm at a complete loss to find the English rural villages of Milwaukee, Chicago or Toronto!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-18 02:11 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: August 18, 2005 03:23

And thanks to a bit of naval business in 1588 there is no San Diego, England, right? smiling smiley

Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: August 18, 2005 06:05

I'm fairly certain that Washington is named after the General (and then President, of course) who freed us from King George and the need ever to worry about crap villages in Lincolnshire again. But revel in that defeat of the Armada, if you will. Glory days, well they pass you by...

Date: August 18, 2005 14:06

I'm not a great fan of King George or his progeny. His lot came from Germany about three hundred years ago.

Boston is a Lincolnshire town.

Washington is village name in both Sussex and in Durham. President Washington presumably had paternal family originating in one of those.

Durham, another English town who's American nameske is on the Stones' American tour.

You did ofcourse gain political independence. And your country has a non-English name. But have you noticed which language you use?!

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: August 18, 2005 14:26

Well, many US cities names are spanish, too. The Stones will have gigs at:

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula ("The Town of Our Lady Queen of the Angels of the Porciúncula"), a.k.a. LA

La Misión de San Francisco de Asís. a.k.a Frisco

La Misión de San Diego de Alcalá a.k.a San Diego

Las Vegas (The Meadows)

Fresno (Ash Tree)

So not all is due to King George

BTW, stoneslib is right about the naval bussiness back in 1588: wouldn't it be great having Southampton or Plymouth called San Fernando or Nueva Barcelona? grinning smiley

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: August 18, 2005 16:39

Could anyone post the link to shidoobee?

Date: August 18, 2005 17:10

Thanks, bruno!

Yup, the Spanish were brutal colonialists too! And what would the Lyrics to Miss You be without the Spannish influence?

But let's not forget that it was Bjornulf's ancestors who first reached 'America' from the west - from Greenland no less. Now, they really were brutal colonialists, (but, without guns or horses, they were no match for the native American Indians).

Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: August 18, 2005 17:20

You might, rather, notice which language YOU use. Some people, although I don't count myself among them, would say that you should thank my grandfather and his army pals that it ain't German, mate!

Ah, well. Who cares if it's Boston, Massachusetts or Boston, Lincolnshire. I'm just fired up for Sunday at Fenway! I'm sure we can agree on that!

Date: August 18, 2005 18:39

Nothing wrong with the German language! Infact English is largely a Germanic language anyway. Even if @#$%& had succesfully invaded Britain I still think it is unlikely tht the Stones would have been singing in German. Interesting idea though!

Britain and Russia had already turned the tide of war. Sincere gratitude is due to your Grandpa and others who helped finish the business sooner.

Yes, looking forward to Sunday and the next few months, seeing the Greatest British Band conquer America again! No guns or horses required.

btw, when I first posted on this thread it had only just occurred to me what and where the origin of that Massachusetts' town's name was. Thought it might interest a few here to see its English namesake. Quite a contrast!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2019
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home