Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: OT Jerry and Rupert to marry this week! WTF
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 3, 2016 07:11

Such luck for Commander that he's on tour now then. A valid reason to turn down this occasion I guess...

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 07:14

Pecman
There couldn't be some sort of prenuptial agreement in this union....(LOL!)

If there isn't...the joke will be on Jerry and Rupert will live to 105 years old!

PECMAN

Lol

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 3, 2016 07:35

Seriously what is Jerry thinking? Shes probably missing the spotlight when she was married to Mick. I think? maybe? It cant be money......wait it has to be.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 09:33

James Jagger will soon be starring in a bunch of Fox Studio movies. Jerry's had the dumb luck of Forrest Gump, but she's as nice as Forrest so I don't mind.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 15:29

Pecman

If there isn't...the joke will be on Jerry and Rupert will live to 105 years old!

PECMAN
Murdoch's mother lived until the age of 103, so he certainly has the genes for it, coupled with the best medicine $13 billion can buy.

As vile and repulsive as I find Murdoch's habit of moving from country to country, virus-like, and destroying the journalism industry, I don't really care that Jerry is marrying him.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 3, 2016 16:06

keefriff99
Pecman

PECMAN
Murdoch's mother lived until the age of 103, so he certainly has the genes for it, coupled with the best medicine $13 billion can buy.

As vile and repulsive as I find Murdoch's habit of moving from country to country, virus-like, and destroying the journalism industry, I don't really care that Jerry is marrying him.

ggg - I can almost see Mick begging Jerry to marry him for the second time after Rupert's passing away ... grinning smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 3, 2016 18:58

Pecman
But Bill had many years to go...long live Rupert Murdoch! (And Bill Wyman!)...
BTW - Bill should have been arrested...In the U.S...he would have served jail time for that underage relationship...(No judgement on the fine citizens of the U.K.)...But the mother...geez...banging Bill's son?...that mother/daughter duo was the founding fathers of the Kardashian Family here in the U.S.!!!(LOL!)

PECMAN

Wasnt Elvis Presley keen on young girls as well?
Maybe he was above the law , also.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: March 3, 2016 19:25

Got to dig dig dig for that gold before the old man keels over. Gotta get into that will

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 19:56

jlowe
Pecman
But Bill had many years to go...long live Rupert Murdoch! (And Bill Wyman!)...
BTW - Bill should have been arrested...In the U.S...he would have served jail time for that underage relationship...(No judgement on the fine citizens of the U.K.)...But the mother...geez...banging Bill's son?...that mother/daughter duo was the founding fathers of the Kardashian Family here in the U.S.!!!(LOL!)

PECMAN

Wasnt Elvis Presley keen on young girls as well?
Maybe he was above the law , also.
He met Priscilla in 1959 when she was 14, and he was 24-25.

I guess rockers feel like they're invincible and can get away with anything.

Posted by: StonesNYc ()
Date: March 3, 2016 22:19

There are some woman that know how to play the game. The next marriage is always to a richer guy.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 3, 2016 23:21

stupidguy2
Is this sh*** seriously going to happen? I couldn't take it seriously at first, but this is apparently really a thing and its scheduled to happen this week. I still won't believe it until I see it. Its just too crazy, and funny. What do you think Mick thinks?

[www.people.com]

I think Mick thinks: Good work, Jerry, and thank you. I'm sure he will send a nice gift.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 23:26

Did you see his hand on the picture, confused smiley. If the rest of the body is in the same state... Compare to him, Freddy looks like a chipendale >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 4, 2016 08:36

swimtothemoon
A whirlwind romance... She Must be "head over heals" in love $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Ahhhhhh...She's just Following The River

Re: Jerry Hall engaged to Rupert Murdoch
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 4, 2016 09:44

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 4, 2016 12:55

Jerry will make him a good wife. I hope they are very happy together.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 4, 2016 14:25

Let's face it ladies being in love with Mick must have been hell for her much of the time. I wish them all of the best in the future..

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 4, 2016 16:00

Totally wish them the best, too, I have always admired Jerry, and she does look happy---

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 4, 2016 18:17

According to People Magazine Headline: Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch Are Officially Married – but the Big Wedding Is Still to Come

Sub-Headline: The high-profile couple, who have been dating since last summer, were married during a civil ceremony at Spencer House in London on Friday, a rep for Spencer House confirms to PEOPLE.

Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 4, 2016 18:32

The full lowdown on Saturday's ceremony and the honeymoon (see link below for the accompanying pics):

Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall wedding to include Brooks and Gove, but not PM
Media mogul marries model and actor in low-key ceremony but Saturday’s exchange of vows will be gathering of media and political elite

Lisa O'Carroll
@lisaocarroll
Friday 4 March 2016 14.46 GMT Last modified on Friday 4 March 2016 16.15 GMT

Michael Gove and Sir Michael Caine will be among the guests but David Cameron and George Osborne will be conspicuous by their absence at the wedding event of the year for the British media and political elite.

Rupert Murdoch, 84, will exchange vows with Jerry Hall, 59, on Saturday in a ceremony at St Bride’s church, just off Fleet Street in central London. It will come a day after the two were formally wed at a low-key civil ceremony in a registry office.

The BBC executive Alan Yentob, a longstanding friend of Hall’s, is a confirmed guest, and there is speculation that there will be a place on a top pew for Murdoch loyalist Boris Johnson. If the MP attends, it will give them an opportunity to discuss their shared interest in Brexit.

The bride, who has been showing off her $4m (£2.8m), 20-carat “marquise cut” diamond engagement ring, is expected to wear a gown by the British fashion designer Vivienne Westwood, a favourite of Hall’s and other celebrities such as Nigella Lawson.

Canon Alison Joyce will officiate at the church event, assisted by Fr Jonathan Morris from New York, who has done some work for Murdoch’s Fox News.

It is Murdoch’s fourth marriage and technically Hall’s first, after her 1992 Bali wedding to Mick Jagger was deemed legally void following an acrimonious high court battle. Murdoch and Hall met last summer and rapidly established a strong chemistry.

About 100 people are expected to attend, including Murdoch’s niece Penny Fowler, who introduced the couple; Rebekah Brooks, recently restored to the job of News UK chief executive, and her husband, Charlie Brooks; plus Robert Thomson, former editor of the Times and now chief executive of News Corporation, and his wife, Ping.

Tony Blair will not be there. The former prime minister was once a close friend of Murdoch’s and is godfather to his daughter Grace, but the two fell out after Blair made a solo visit to see Murdoch’s previous wife Wendi Deng at their Californian ranch two years ago.

On Friday Murdoch avoided the topic of marriage and continued to tweet about his favourite current subjects, the schisms in the Republican and Tory parties.

He took a pop at the US statistician Nate Silver, who correctly called the last presidential election, saying he had “not such [a] good prediction record these days”. On Thursday night he swiped at the UK government for making “obviously false claims aimed at scaring voters” in the EU referendum debate.

The former News of the World editor Piers Morgan – once described by Murdoch as having “balls bigger than his brains” – wished his former boss well.

In the top pews will be the 10 offspring Murdoch and Hall have between them, all of whom will have an official role in the ceremony.

Hall has four children from her relationship with Jagger – Lizzy, 32, James, 30, Georgia May, 24, and Gabriel, 18 – and Murdoch has six from his three previous marriages – Prudence, Elisabeth, 47, Lachlan, 44, James, 43, Grace, 14, and Chloe, 12.

Insiders say the occasion is a “significant statement” in the media mogul’s life. Murdoch believes he is back at the centre of power after five bruising years that shredded his reputation and cost him his back-channel to Downing Street, where he was accustomed to private meetings with a succession of prime ministers from Margaret Thatcher to Cameron.

The reception will be held at Spencer House in St James’s Place, close to Murdoch’s London apartment where he was photographed with Brooks in 2011 after jetting in to take control of the phone-hacking scandal and declaring she was his priority. A former 18th-century aristocratic palace, Spencer House was built for the first Earl Spencer, an ancestor of Diana, Princess of Wales.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the honeymoon is likely to be aboard Murdoch’s superyacht, Vertigo, sailing around some of the world’s most exotic tropical hotspots.

It is all in sharp contrast to Murdoch’s last wedding, a showy affair aboard his yacht The Morning Glory moored off Manhattan. He and Deng were serenaded by Charlotte Church, and guests included the financier Michael Milken and the Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky.

[gu.com]

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: March 4, 2016 18:51

StonesNYc
There are some woman that know how to play the game. The next marriage is always to a richer guy.
It's called Hypergamy

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 4, 2016 21:18

Well, there you go. It's a done deal.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 5, 2016 00:50

Rollin' Stoner
StonesNYc
It's called Hypergamy

Oh, so next ....its Mr Bill Gates, then.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: March 5, 2016 01:02

jlowe
Rollin' Stoner
StonesNYc
It's called Hypergamy

Oh, so next ....its Mr Bill Gates, then.
Next?

Date: March 5, 2016 16:07

Jerry does look very happy in the short post-wedding video clip, so good luck to her as someone who's endured with grace her public humiliations at the hands of Mick. Cool that Bianca attended.

[gu.com]

Date: March 5, 2016 16:51

Beast
Jerry does look very happy in the short post-wedding video clip, so good luck to her as someone who's endured with grace her public humiliations at the hands of Mick. Cool that Bianca attended.

[gu.com]

*It's really the talk of the town, isn't it, front page. I admit I enjoyed looking at all the pictures (I think maybe you meant Jade instead of Bianca)
God bless Jerry, she looks radiant.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 5, 2016 18:15

Jade and Bianca and Bill Wyman ( but not Jo wood )!

Date: March 5, 2016 20:54

35love
Beast

[gu.com]

*It's really the talk of the town, isn't it, front page. I admit I enjoyed looking at all the pictures (I think maybe you meant Jade instead of Bianca)

Umm, no - I meant Bianca... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: March 5, 2016 21:51

Rupert's ombre patent leather shoes are youthful.

Date: March 5, 2016 22:23

Beast
35love
Beast

[gu.com]

Umm, no - I meant Bianca... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

*Ha, saw the pics of Bianca, see she was there too! Karis as well. I don't know, all a little odd, but that's life I guess, stay alive and things change.
Pretty classy affair, including the tailoring.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 5, 2016 22:39

5th picture

[www.harpersbazaar.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10