Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Jerry Hall engaged to Rupert Murdoch
Posted by: marianna ()
Date: January 12, 2016 23:54

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 00:08 by marianna.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 23:59

Seriously, I could not be happier for her and her kids. She will become one of the wealthiest women on the planet. I wish the best for her, Rupert and her/their entire family. Gal from Texas did good, Rupert is no dummy, this is a win for both of them.

Date: January 13, 2016 00:19

one of the most repulsive things i've ever heard. he's one of the most despicable liars on this planet. i guess people will really do anything for money. deport him back to the penal colony and her to texas.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 13, 2016 00:35

Proof the Mick is frugal, to say the least.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 00:56

I'm amazed that so many of you are amazed. I like Jerry, but she always struck me as one of those girls that were going to marry that rich guy, or rich old guy. I knew those type of girls growing up in small town Texas. They're sweet and good people, but they're looking for diamonds and security, and they know exactly what they want and they're going to get it.

Jerry, this is for you:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 00:57 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 13, 2016 01:11

First of all, Jerry is NOT looking so great these days! I am more appalled at his politics than by how GROSS he is! Next, maybe there's a plan here! She's marry the old goat, he'll die soon after and she'll share the jackpot with Mick!
Just joking!!! How can anyone believe it's a LOVE MATCH? To go from MICK JAGGER to THAT!? That's the real point...no one is fooled!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 01:20

mickschix
First of all, Jerry is NOT looking so great these days! I am more appalled at his politics than by how GROSS he is! Next, maybe there's a plan here! She's marry the old goat, he'll die soon after and she'll share the jackpot with Mick!
Just joking!!! How can anyone believe it's a LOVE MATCH? To go from MICK JAGGER to THAT!? That's the real point...no one is fooled!

lol..nice theory. Mick and Jerry share the Murdoch billions!
I actually wondered if, after L'wren's death, Jerry, for all her protestations to the contrary, harbored some hope of a reunion. After all, they seem to have an affectionate relationship. But I think Mick was really impacted by Lwren, and after her death, going back to what he and Jerry had, comfortable and familiar as it may be, was like going backward. Sometimes you just have to move on.
And so Jerry found the next best thing, a richer man.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 01:46

Word around the campfire is that Rup calls her his sweet neo con.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 13, 2016 02:12

Maybe he makes her laugh and has a way with words...it happens. If they're happy, what does it really matter to anyone else?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 13, 2016 02:28

Rupert Murdoch is a powerful but lonely man, probably still reeling over the infidelities of his last gold-digging wife. And Jerry Hall looks an aging moneygrabber who has given up on finding someone who respects and loves her and is willing to trade on her rapidly fading charms and hope the old man is generous to her when he dies. But who am I to judge? Having said that, I wish this lovely all the best! winking smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 18:59 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 13, 2016 03:10

This headline made me laugh...the engagement was made in a newspaper which had to have gone to print before the announcement of Bowie's death.

My fave:

Jerry Hall timeline: 1. Sympathy for the Devil 2. Start going out with the Devil 3. Get engaged to the Devil grinning smiley

Twitter reacts to upcoming Rupert Murdoch/Jerry Hall nuptials with profound disappointment in the world
To announce them on the day David Bowie died seemed like a particularly galling move

[www.salon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 03:21 by latebloomer.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 13, 2016 03:29

mickschix

She HAS to be older than 59. More like 65 or 66.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 13, 2016 03:31

highgatehillbilly
one of the most repulsive things i've ever heard. he's one of the most despicable liars on this planet. i guess people will really do anything for money. deport him back to the penal colony and her to texas.

He's actually a US Citizen, so a few laws would need to be refined to permit him to be deported.

Also, would you mean 'penal colony' before 1777 or after? The main driving force behind the colonisation/invasion of Australia in 1788 was the fact that the British Empire lost its penal colony of choice when it declared independence.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 03:36

As they say in Sex and the City there is always competition with an ex. Obviously I do not know the answer to to this, but who wins? Jerry with her mature, powerful and very affluent fiance or Mick with his young, pretty and flexible ballerina friend?
The answer my friends is blowing in the windgrinning smiley

Date: January 13, 2016 03:42

desertblues68
As they say in Sex and the City there is always competition with an ex. Obviously I do not know the answer to to this, but who wins? Jerry with her mature, powerful and very affluent fiance or Mick with his young, pretty and flexible ballerina friend?
The answer my friends is blowing in the windgrinning smiley

David Bowie's death made me think about how important it can be to have a devoted partner with you as you near the end of your life...especially if you become ill or incapacitated. In spite of the multitude of women he has been with over the years there's a good chance that Mick will end up alone at the end of his life. Or at the least without a meaningful relationship. I wonder if he ever envied the relationship that David and Iman had? Or for that matter, Keith and Patti or Charlie and Shirley.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 09:11 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 03:59

No sense in being a gold-digger if you don't show it

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: January 13, 2016 08:38

Jerry has complained that Downe House really isn't hers. The divorce settlement says she can live there for a limited number of years, then it goes back to Mick. I don't think Mick envies the marriages of his friends or band mates. He knows the reality of them. I think he's happy being single and adventurous,

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: January 13, 2016 09:07

News item from May 2012: British lawmakers investigating phone hacking at News of the World declare that Rupert Murdoch is not a fit person to exercise the stewardship of a major international company. Murdoch's reporters had regularly hacked into phone calls of many members of government, the entertainment world, and the Royal Family.

Oct. 2012: Murdoch tweeted about "scumbag" celebrities. Many assume he was referring to people meeting with Prime Minister Cameron to discuss reform of Britain's media laws. He later tweeted apology for language

Jan. 2015: After Paris terror attacks Murdoch tweeted "Maybe most Moslems peaceful but...they must be held responsible." After much criticism he later tried to clarify what he meant, but not very well.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 13, 2016 09:37

TornAndFried
there's a good chance that Mick will end up alone at the end of his life.

I think this is highly unlikely.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 13, 2016 10:45

chatoyancy
Jerry has complained that Downe House really isn't hers. The divorce settlement says she can live there for a limited number of years, then it goes back to Mick. I don't think Mick envies the marriages of his friends or band mates. He knows the reality of them. I think he's happy being single and adventurous,

If true, that's pretty bad. They had by any yardstick they had a substantial relationship together and given Mick's estimated wealth you would think he would have let her have the house as part of the settlement.
I mean, how much money do people need?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 11:04

jlowe
chatoyancy

If true, that's pretty bad. They had by any yardstick they had a substantial relationship together and given Mick's estimated wealth you would think he would have let her have the house as part of the settlement.
I mean, how much money do people need?

exactly.

Date: January 13, 2016 11:25

Aquamarine
TornAndFried

How is unlikely? Mick is now 72 and its been over 2 years since his last serious relationship and he still appears to be seeing that young ballerina from New York on and off but we can't consider that too serious. Just another of his ego-boosting diversions. Maybe he doesn't want to be attached. Who knows? But approaching old age and eventually, death are not too far off.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 11:25

Of course she loves him, because otherwise she'd be basically a prostitute right?

Date: January 13, 2016 11:33

champ72
Of course she loves him, because otherwise she'd be basically a prostitute right?

not at all.

a prostitute serves anyone who has the right price, and is providing a service that a customer has ordered and as such has a responsibility for making the customer happy, or at least delivering the service as agreed.

if some dude comes up to a woman and says he has a lot of money and would she like to marry him, that's a totally different situation.

Date: January 13, 2016 11:37

What is marriage if not a modified emotional & business transaction? As Tina Turner said "What's love got to do with it?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 11:55 by TornAndFried.

Date: January 13, 2016 11:39

TornAndFried
What is marriage if not a modified emotional & business transaction? As Tina Turner sais "What's love got to do with it?"

it's a partnership, not a transaction. both a partnership and a transaction can be strictly business, but they are very different

Example : stones hiring merry Clayton to sing on gimme shelter is a transaction
the Rolling Stones forming a group is a partnership.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 11:48 by Turner68.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 11:55

TornAndFried
Aquamarine
TornAndFried

How is unlikely? Mick is now 72 and its been over 2 years since his last serious relationship and he still appears to be seeing that young ballerina from New York on and off but we can't consider that too serious. Just another of his ego-boosting diversions. Maybe he doesn't want to be attached. Who knows? But approaching old age and eventually, death are not too far off.

He has said in interviews that marriage works other people, but not for him and he seems to find monogamy challenging. Maybe in the future he might find a long-term companion again. But he will always have someone by his side whether in more or less serious relationship.

Date: January 13, 2016 11:59

Ok. I stand corrected. Marriage is a partnership. An arrangement if you will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 12:01 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 13, 2016 15:01

Aquamarine
TornAndFried

Well in the sense of living completely alone, of course I agree. He will always have household staff, security people and other Assistants around.
BUT Does anyone remember the Guy Peelaert book "Rock Dreams" ?
In it there are around 6 illustrations all featuring the original group + ALO + Anita. One by one, starting with ALO they start dropping out over the years ahead..
In the penultimate you have Mick and Keith dressed as pirates. Shades of The Pirates /Depp films perhaps?
In the final picture you have Mick, looking as he did as Turner,in Performance. All alone, playing with his toys over and over again.

I can imagine Mick in his 90's like this, in his sumptious apartment, keeping an eye on the Promotone Group's affairs, long after he's finished with studio and concert duties.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 13, 2016 17:06

everwest1
this is a win for both of them.

What's his win?

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50