Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins / Stones Connection
Posted by: alfadriver85 ()
Date: January 11, 2016 08:28

Recently listening some to Screamin' Jay Hawkins - much better than you'd think. smiling smiley

An Encyclopedia.com entry says he: Recorded with Rolling Stone Keith Richards, 1979, 18th December: SCREAMING JAY HAWKINS. New York City, Blue Rock Sudio. Producer: Allan Schwartzberg. I Put A Spell On You (Jalacy Hawkins) Armpit #6 (Jalacy Hawkins) Line-up: KR (gtr)/Screaming Jay Hawkins (voc)/all other musicians not identified

and secondly, that he opened for the Rolling Stones, 1980; and was on Atlantic under Ahmet Ertegun (which is true)

2. There were NO Stones dates in 1980. Is opening for the Stones pure internet crap or is there a kernel of truth in this or is it completely made up? If anybody knows, would like to hear about it.

Re: Screamin' Jay Hawkins / Stones Connection
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 11, 2016 08:40

MSG - 12 & 13 November 1981

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 11, 2016 09:10

Screamin' Jay Hawkins - Portrait of a Man: A History of Screamin' Jay Hawkins

Keith plays guitar on "I Put a Spell on You" and "Armpit #6".

[www.keithrichards.com]

Both songs were also released as a 7" in UK:

[www.discogs.com]

Posted by: alfadriver85 ()
Date: January 11, 2016 09:16

Question answered. Thanks!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: January 11, 2016 11:36

alfadriver85
An Encyclopedia.com entry says he: Recorded with Rolling Stone Keith Richards, 1979, 18th December: SCREAMING JAY HAWKINS. New York City, Blue Rock Sudio. Producer: Allan Schwartzberg. I Put A Spell On You (Jalacy Hawkins) Armpit #6 (Jalacy Hawkins) Line-up: KR (gtr)/Screaming Jay Hawkins (voc)/all other musicians not identified

Looks more like a nzentgraf.de-entry to me.

I have a short interview fragment of a French fan who asked Keith Richards (in Paris, 1985) about playing on I Put A Spell On You and KR couldn't remember playing on this track. He said he plays on another one, but can't remember the title of it either.
But I'm quite positive that his guitar can be heard on both tracks of that single.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-11 17:01 by NeddieFlanders.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: January 11, 2016 22:39

Rockman

They had an issue with James Brown (I think $$$) and got him at the last second. I was there of course.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 11, 2016 23:22

NeddieFlanders
alfadriver85

Looks more like a nzentgraf.de-entry to me.

I have a short interview fragment of a French fan who asked Keith Richards (in Paris, 1985) about playing on I Put A Spell On You and KR couldn't remember playing on this track. He said he plays on another one, but can't remember the title of it either.
But I'm quite positive that his guitar can be heard on both tracks of that single.

N

Stolen from NZENTGRAF for sure:
791218A 18th December:
SCREAMING JAY HAWKINS. New York City, Blue Rock
Studio. Producer: Allan Schwartzberg.
- I Put A Spell On You (Jalacy Hawkins)
- Armpit #6 (Jalacy Hawkins)
Line-up: KR (gtr)/Screaming Jay Hawkins (voc)/all other musicians not identified

The Riff Meister/Human Riff guitar parts (both riff and solo) are great on these. Great sound! Wonder who the other musicians are playing on this. There are female background vocals and horns all around.
Looks like a great KR birthdayparty for his 36-th birthday, just like in december 1970 when Brown Sugar was re-recorded with Clapton on Keith's birthday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-11 23:24 by RipThisBone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home