Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Alex Sadkin w/Jagger / Verify Photo Please
Posted by: alfadriver85 ()
Date: January 9, 2016 07:47

I'm trying to verify this photo is Alex Sadkin for sure. This photo was taken at 973 Dynamic Sounds Studio, Kingston Jamaica. Goats Head Soup sessions. Date unknown. Photographer unknown.

A close friend of Alex's who knew him and his recording history has his doubts it's him. I checked The Complete Works and found no mention of his name. Could Alex have been an assistant to Jimmy Miller or Andy Johns? Alex did work in Kingston with many artists but I've looked at other pics of Mr. Sadkin and I don't see the resemblance.

If anybody has any definitive info that it's him or that he worked on these sessions we'd be appreciative of what you can provide. Or, maybe point me in another direction to research. Thanks!!!!!!!

Re: Alex Sadkin w/Jagger / Verify Photo Please
Date: January 9, 2016 07:50

The photo came from this session. [urbanimage.photoshelter.com]

Re: Jimmy Miller w/Jagger / Verify Photo Please
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 9, 2016 11:48

... I'm confused. That's Jimmy Miller, no? As in: [www.google.co.uk]

Also, the photographer isn't "unknown" - his name is Adrian Boot, and he might know the exact date if you ask him.
Just curious: What made you think it could be Alex Sadkin?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-09 12:19 by with sssoul.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 9, 2016 12:45

alfadriver85
The photo came from this session. [urbanimage.photoshelter.com]

Great source for GHS pics , thanks.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: January 9, 2016 13:44

That's Jimmy Miller.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: January 9, 2016 15:37

Mr. Dub, Alex Sadkin.
He was working with Chris Kimsey for some projects.

Date: January 9, 2016 16:07

Mystery solved. The picture had been posted previously in the "Stones w/Famous People" forum as Alex Sadkin. Thanks everybody!!!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 9, 2016 20:22

alfadriver85
Mystery solved. The picture had been posted previously in the "Stones w/Famous People" forum as Alex Sadkin. Thanks everybody!!!

No must be a mistake. The person is Jimmy Miller.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: January 9, 2016 22:32

a little overview about jimmy miller ...

[www.furious.com]

Date: January 9, 2016 23:21

Taken from that article:

Toward the end of '73, Miller embarked for Jamaica, where sessions for the next Stones album, Goats Head Soup, were underway. After the frenetic experience of making Exile on Main Street, Miller and the band seemed to take a lackluster approach during the sessions in Jamaica. Andy Johns, also the engineer on these sessions, describes what was taking place: "Because of drug habits, those sessions weren't quite as much fun. And there are a couple of examples on there where just the basic tracks we kept weren't really up to standard. People were accepting things perhaps that weren't up to standard because they were a little higher than normal." Keith Richards, in a 1975 interview, portrays Miller as having reached the end of the line creatively: "Jimmy Miller went in a lion and out a lamb. We wore him out completely. He ended up carving swastikas onto the wooden console at Island Studios." While Goats Head Soup seems anticlimactic after Exile on Main Street, there is some fine production work here. The textured nuances of tracks such as "Winter," "Angie," and "Coming Down Again," along with the hard hitting "Star Star," indicate that, while Miller wasn't at the top of his game here, he had not lost the ability to blend multilayered instrumentation on tape to capture the groove.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: January 10, 2016 04:39

I don't know if Sadkin had something to do with Goats Head Soup sessions.

This is my wild guess.smiling smiley
Paul Rodgers visited Jamaica with Chris Blackwell in 1972.
He recorded I Just Wanna See You Smile with The Maytals.
At some point during his stay, Paul made a courtesy visit to Terra Nova Hotel in Kingston where The Stones stayed at that time.
It is highly likely that Paul and The Stones introduced Sadkin to each other.
Seeing his involvement in the album "The Law". Sadlom developed a good relationship with Paul since then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home