Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2 Years ago today Vredenburg my ultimate Stones experience!
Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: August 16, 2005 21:12

Hello all! It was 2 years ago today that we were able to experience our fist club show with the Stones. Vredenburg! What a show that was too! I have relived that night over and over in my head. I hope desperately that one day they will release that show on DVD! It was incredible!
If you are interested, here is a link to the story I wrote and posted here on IORR. It is a bit long but there was a lot to say about that whole experience.

[iorr.org]

Let's hope we get more chances on this tour to get to see them in these type of venues.
Enjoy the Tour!
Fred & Teri Hardin
SAV/GA
Pleased to meet you.......

Re: 2 Years ago today Vredenburg my ultimate Stones experience!
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 16, 2005 21:16

And 3 years ago...Palais Royale!

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 17, 2005 00:04

Fred I was there.... that show was a blast. Best version of That's How Strong My Love Is IMO.. Mick went nuts at the end!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 17, 2005 00:05

Vredenburg boot is among the top sound-quality ones ciruclating...excellent show, for sure.

Date: August 17, 2005 00:11

BTW Fred... I can hardly believe it's been two @#$%& years!!!!!

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 17, 2005 00:13

Grrrrrr I whas ill at that time.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: August 17, 2005 00:24

Oh that was a fun show...well, all the Holland gigs were (other than the canceled one where there was a guy who convinced security that i had not been waiting in line all day & had me removed...that man is sooooooooo lucky my friend pulled me away after the show was canceled...but i digress). Was against he rail center/Ronnie side (front Keef for all the others but the people for the commercials had the best keef/front spot...so i took the other front center spot) and just loved every minute of it. This show, I think, was better than the Shep. Bush gig, but not quite as good as Wiltern. Nonetheless, the venue was outstanding, the sound was perfect, the band was on fire...gotta love it. I REALLY liked the overhang that gave us shade all day up front...that was one HOT summer...ugghhh.

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: August 17, 2005 00:30

It was for sure a great evening but the sound wasn't that good from where I was (second "seating" row, right side) : too much Chuck, Darryl and brass and a very bad guitar mix during almost the whole gig...

Date: August 17, 2005 00:36

I was in front of Lisa and Blondie close to Ronnie about 2 people back from the stage. It sounded great there but it was a bit on the loud side with speakers just off to the left of us. I have no complaints at all about anything that happened that day! I would love to live that day over and over.
Fred Hardin
SAV/GA
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 17, 2005 01:29

It's one of my favourite boots. You were so lucky to have been there. I love the end of THSMLI, the whoo's give me goosebumps every time. I also think the version of Worried About You beats the Olympia version by a mile. Saint of Me is good too.

Date: August 17, 2005 02:48

flairville Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's one of my favourite boots. You were so lucky
> to have been there. I love the end of THSMLI, the
> whoo's give me goosebumps every time. I also think
> the version of Worried About You beats the Olympia
> version by a mile. Saint of Me is good too.

Yeah man... those whoo's got me of me feet! Mick stood about three meters away when he went beserk. They also did great versions of Hand of Fate (really tight, even the lyrics) and No Expectations... The real lowpoint though was the intro of Brown Sugar... one of the worst @#$%& ups in Stones history probably!

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: August 17, 2005 02:55

No, I would say the worst @!?!!@ ups for "Brown Sugar" was at the Marseille show in 2003. I liked the show overall however. "Street Fighting Man" and "I just want to make love to you" were the highlights. The fans were going nuts before the show!!!!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: August 17, 2005 03:48

The worst I ever heard was the following show in the Amsterdam Arena. It was really screwed up bad.
Fred Hardin
SAV/GA
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: August 17, 2005 04:22

A friend of mine got me a copy of the Vredenburg gig via one of the crew members, but the sound quality ain't that good. So if any of you can hook me up with a decent example of Vredenburg 2003, I would be very gratefull...

Stones @ vredenburg, Utrecht, NL.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: August 17, 2005 09:37

The best recording (I would call it 'good audience'(less than the Olympique, Stockholm and London club gigs) was made by a Jap.guy and released at Windmill records.
Rattlesnake just made a plain copy of it. It seems also Sistmer M. used that recording for their release.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: August 17, 2005 17:02

Em?? How´s called this record Kees???

Posted by: kees ()
Date: August 17, 2005 17:39

which one ? contact me directly if you want a copy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home