Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 77
The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 mini tour
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 5, 2016 23:39

I have been hearing rumors that the Stones are indeed planning some more shows in North America after they finish with South America. Some have even confirmed that their sources are solid about this and it will happen. Anybody else hearing whispers of this? I'm not sure how this fits in with the possible new record but I assume if they were indeed able to complete it this summer, touring again in their most lucrative market (the major ones) to support the release sure fits their business model.

Bring it on I say!

Please do also see this link:

Stones, Dylan and McCartney to play Coachella
[www.iorr.org]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-09 21:10 by bv.

Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 5, 2016 23:49

I have heard nothing, but they do usually tour behind a new Studio release. My guess is they would make sure the Album is ready with a firm release date before
they commit to another tour. Hope this does happen!

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: January 5, 2016 23:50

Well they should. It's their home! Esp NYC! Mad Sq Garden!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 6, 2016 00:40

I don't think they will tour again this year after the South American trip, my guess is:

February/March: Tour
April/May: Time off (Exhibitionism promo on April)
May-late 2016: studio recordings, on-off through the year with mixing sessions
Late 2016 - Early 2017: studio album
Early 2017: 10 or so Arena shows in the U.S. (big markets)
Mid 2017: 10 or so Stadium shows in Europe

They won't play more than 20 shows on a year and about half of the year is for time off, family, vacations, etc. That's a fact.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 6, 2016 00:46

i think you are right GeorgeLicks.
jeroen

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: January 6, 2016 01:10

I really hope I get to see them one more time here in Europe before... you know...
But I'm very confident.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 6, 2016 01:29

Stones50

Nope. It's Toronto

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 6, 2016 01:51

If they do decide to tour more after South America this year then they really should think of their home turf. It would be 3 years since we last had a Stones show.

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: January 6, 2016 01:55

Stones50

Completely agree! They should be doing several nights at the Garden after completing skipping NYC on the Zip Code Tour!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 6, 2016 01:56

It was exactly 10 years this week since they last played at Madison Squre Garden.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-08 06:28 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 6, 2016 02:53

Awesome news Naturalust - but some of us were speculating this was a given for months now!

Then there was someone who was adamant it would probably never happen again...to paraphrase:
"the US has had it's share, Europe deserves it more, probably won't be seeing them in the US again anytime soon, if at all"

Hmmm...I forget who that was, but looks like whoever it was may have been wrong the whole time!

cool smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 6, 2016 03:34

Hairball
Awesome news Naturalust - but some of us were speculating this was a given for months now!

Then there was someone who was adamant it would probably never happen again...to paraphrase:
"the US has had it's share, Europe deserves it more, probably won't be seeing them in the US again anytime soon, if at all"

Hmmm...I forget who that was, but looks like whoever it was may have been wrong the whole time!

cool smiley

Ha! Sound like something I might have said, it's certainly the way I felt about it. I'm just reporting what I am am hearing and it is making more sense for a couple of reasons. They have the ball rolling and presumably it might be easier and more profitable for them to hit the major NA markets before they took the leap to Europe. I still think Europe deserves shows first but that it would be harder to pull off and then still do more NA shows. And since I believe this is probably the last gasp, ending where they started sure makes a lot of sense.

I guess the moral of the story is never underestimate the power of millions of dollars. Their ability to do well again soon in the major American markets is pretty much a given. They probably don't want to risk leaving this money on the table. Strike while the iron is hot, or at least still plugged it.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 6, 2016 06:06

More Hot Rocks
Stones50

Nope. It's Toronto

Wrong, it's London.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 6, 2016 08:37

Koen
More Hot Rocks
Stones50

Nope. It's Toronto

Wrong, it's London.

Mad Sq Garden is Billy Joel's home. Hasn't he played there more than anyone else? Also, since the Stones don't deal with Michael Cohl anymore, Toronto isn't.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: January 6, 2016 12:16

One issue which may effect future plans for more shows in Europe and UK, is the issue of security and terrorist threats. In all the years the Stones have been playing, Europe has never seen anything like the Paris attacks. Europe is changing and the future does not look stable in the short to medium term.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 6, 2016 13:12

Kingbeebuzz
One issue which may effect future plans for more shows in Europe and UK, is the issue of security and terrorist threats. In all the years the Stones have been playing, Europe has never seen anything like the Paris attacks. Europe is changing and the future does not look stable in the short to medium term.

Threats are all over the world. Nothing will stop the stones from Touring for the next years.
Jeroen

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 6, 2016 13:36

the one thing in favor for a United States tour is how strong the American dollar is currently .I still think that the Glimmers will only do South America this time around .

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: January 6, 2016 16:14

What about that 40 years anniversary of the Knebworth shows which circled around last year. Is that off the table?

Date: January 6, 2016 16:33

DGA35
Koen
More Hot Rocks
Stones50

Nope. It's Toronto

Wrong, it's London.

Mad Sq Garden is Billy Joel's home. Hasn't he played there more than anyone else? Also, since the Stones don't deal with Michael Cohl anymore, Toronto isn't.
Not

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 6, 2016 17:07

Great news that the rumors are strong on this.
It makes a lot of sen$e when you think about it.

Shorter 14-15 show tours are now their method, and the Zip Code tour left a lot of fertile ground to come right back for.

The entire western half (except souther Cal) of the US and Canada is basically low hanging fruit now, not to mention major cities like NY, Toronto, et al.

My predictions..
LA, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Phoenix, Denver, SLC, Seattle, Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Chicago, Boston, NYC (2)
Jun-Aug 2016

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 17:09 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: January 6, 2016 17:19

MisterDDDD

Shorter 14-15 show tours are now their method, and the Zip Code tour left a lot of fertile ground to come right back for.

The entire western half (except souther Cal) of the US and Canada is basically low hanging fruit now, not to mention major cities like NY, Toronto, et al.

My predictions..
LA, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Phoenix, Denver, SLC, Seattle, Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Chicago, Boston, NYC (2)
Jun-Aug 2016

Oh man that would be so awesome! But whatever happens, I'm just grateful I got to see them in San Diego

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 17:21 by stones2000.

Date: January 6, 2016 17:21

Ya have to have a Texas date. Arlington/Dallas was the best selling show of them all. Houston or Austin would sell out fast.

Date: January 6, 2016 19:10

MisterDDDD

My predictions..
Jun-Aug 2016

Yep!

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: January 6, 2016 19:35

Stones50

Why is NYC their home? Nothing special about their fans there. I've been to MSG for a show. lame crowd. I've see better crows in Hershey, PA. besides Toronto in their home in N America.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 6, 2016 19:39

MisterDDDD

My predictions..
Jun-Aug 2016

Well, that would warm 'em up nicely for knebworth (40th anniversary) at the end of August..............sounds ok.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 19:40 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 6, 2016 19:47

RockinJive
Stones50

Why is NYC their home? Nothing special about their fans there. I've been to MSG for a show. lame crowd. I've see better crows in Hershey, PA. besides Toronto in their home in N America.

Yes, it is a well-known show business cliche that if you can make it in Hershey, you can make it anywhere and that New York audiences are woefully lame and unsophisticated.

Perhaps another thing you don't know is that they rehearsed for US tours in toronto strictly for tax reasons. It is not their N. America home, which is a silly concept. I doubt the Stones themselves think of any arena or place as their home. The only thing for them is that when they play in NYC they are close to their real homes (Mick in NY and Keith in CT) and they can actually get something to eat after the show because everything is not closed.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 6, 2016 20:10

Rokyfan
RockinJive
Stones50

Yes, it is a well-known show business cliche that if you can make it in Hershey, you can make it anywhere and that New York audiences are woefully lame and unsophisticated.

Perhaps another thing you don't know is that they rehearsed for US tours in toronto strictly for tax reasons. It is not their N. America home, which is a silly concept. I doubt the Stones themselves think of any arena or place as their home. The only thing for them is that when they play in NYC they are close to their real homes (Mick in NY and Keith in CT) and they can actually get something to eat after the show because everything is not closed.

So, if we are going by their rehearsal sites, then the San Fernando Valley should be considered their home as they rehearsed in Burbank and North Hollywood in 2013 and 2015????confused smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 6, 2016 20:21

Stones50
MisterDDDD

My predictions..
Jun-Aug 2016

Yep!
I guess Ronnie wants to stay at home with his newborn kids....smileys with beer

Date: January 6, 2016 20:41

RockinJive
Stones50

You could not be more wrong. I've been at EVERY MS Garden show since 1969. And the audience is fantastic.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: January 6, 2016 20:53

Stones50
RockinJive
Stones50

You could not be more wrong. I've been at EVERY MS Garden show since 1969. And the audience is fantastic.

COOL!

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home