Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Next deluxe release?
Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: January 2, 2016 00:53

Will there be more? Will GHS be next?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-02 00:55 by GetYerAngie.

Re: Next deluxe release?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 2, 2016 01:07

I would love to see GHS.........but AfterMath I would go crazy especially when they found some onreleased tracks or demo's ...........

Date: January 2, 2016 01:50

NICOS
I would love to see GHS.........but AfterMath I would go crazy especially when they found some onreleased tracks or demo's ...........
Yeah, An Aftermath-deluxe would be nice indeed. And other Decca-era-deluxes.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: January 2, 2016 11:10

I suppose they've chosen what they consider their 'Big' post Decca albums - Sticky,Exile and S.Girls. It would seem there are no moves afoot to give similar treatment to any of the other albums. A pity since we know there are finished tracks like 'Save Me' which should be given a proper official release. Perhaps even some kind of 70s, 80s, 90s from-the-vaults retrospectives based around compilations like 'Sucking in the 70s' or 'Jump Back'.
If they are now working on new recordings that should pre-occupy them for some time. Oh well you never know...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-02 11:13 by MrTurner.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 2, 2016 11:36

The pessimistic in me would say these re-releases have one purpose only : keep the band on the media's radar while they're not touring or recording new stuff.
That means Jagger doesn't give a flying fook about what we fans want to hear from the "uncovered" periods of the band.

Since we might have a new album in 2016 any vault release might be put on the back burner.
(Mick : "Brixton pro-shot? Not before late 2017 or 2018!"
Iorr crowd : "AAAAAARGH!" )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-02 14:37 by dcba.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 2, 2016 11:56

A 3oth anniversary super deluxe package of Dirty Work would be a dream come true, of course. It would be the most mouth-watering re-release in a very long while.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: January 2, 2016 12:00

HMS
A 3oth anniversary super deluxe package of Dirty Work would be a dream come true, of course. It would be the most mouth-watering re-release in a very long while.

more or less mouth watering than the exile re-issue?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 2, 2016 12:08

More.

The Exile-reissue was also mouth-watering, but in the end the bonus-content was very disappointing.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 2, 2016 12:57

Deluxe editions are impractical. Instead of deciding which albums outtakes belong to, let alone releasing officially released material for the 15th time, they should make a Bootleg Series or an Anthology project.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 2, 2016 13:00

LieB
Deluxe editions are impractical. Instead of deciding which albums outtakes belong to, let alone releasing officially released material for the 15th time, they should make a Bootleg Series or an Anthology project.

Yes but we are the only people who would buy that ...the deluxe re-releases attract new buyers

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 2, 2016 13:05

If they do one more, it's probably Tattoo you, the most save choice, because it was a very popular album, with a famous cover and more important they can choose outtakes from the complete 70's decade plus Emotional Rescue outtakes (read: every important outtake they didn't already use for the SF, EOMS and SG deluxe editions).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-02 15:52 by GJV.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 2, 2016 13:41

GJV
If they do one more, it's probably Tattoo you, the most save choice, because it was a very popular album, with a famous cover and more important they can choose outtakes from the complete 70's decade plus Emotional Rescue outtakes (read: every import outtake they didn't already use for the SF, EOMS and SG deluxe editions)

thumbs up

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: January 2, 2016 14:06

1976/2016:Celebrate the start of RW in studio with the Stones:Black N blue rarities + Knebworth DVD

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 2, 2016 15:12

Rolling Stones Bootleg Editions sounds beautiful!
Do it from 2012 ! Springsteen does !

Date: January 2, 2016 15:42

JMARCOU
1976/2016:Celebrate the start of RW in studio with the Stones:Black N blue rarities + Knebworth DVD

Yeah, that would be nice! Forty years with the new guy celebration!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 2, 2016 17:23

HMS

agreed...fairly nightmarish idea.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 2, 2016 17:42

I would like to see a deluxe edition for all albums in the endthumbs up

But hey I'm a fan. Not a criticwinking smiley

Posted by: Douglas ()
Date: January 2, 2016 17:58

Remastered mono versions of Aftermath, Between the Buttons, Satanic Majesties, Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed need to be released imo.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: January 2, 2016 18:45

Douglas
Remastered mono versions of Aftermath, Between the Buttons, Satanic Majesties, Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed need to be released imo.

thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 2, 2016 19:18

Maybe Goddess in the Doorway smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: January 2, 2016 19:24

I think tattoo you and ghs would be excellent. Black and blue could be interesting. I think we're playing several guitarists at that such as jeff beck.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: January 2, 2016 19:30

As mentioned earlier, Don Was is keen on making deluxe treatments of Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed. I think it will become a reality soon.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 2, 2016 21:03

Why does anyone think the ABKCO material is going to be part of the Promotone deluxe editions? CHARLIE IS MY DARLING and expanded YA-YA'S appear to be it.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 3, 2016 00:14

Seems I read somthing, from somone close to the band, who sorta leaked in a cryptic way that the next would be GHS. I assume this would be mostly the Jamacan recording sessions. However, the most interesting release could be the Black and Blue sessions since there were so many guitar players who contributed in order to fill the gap left by Mick Taylor's departure. I would think there is some pretty interesting material within those sessions and hopefully preserved on tape.

Date: January 3, 2016 01:01

swimtothemoon
Seems I read somthing, from somone close to the band, who sorta leaked in a cryptic way that the next would be GHS. I assume this would be mostly the Jamacan recording sessions. However, the most interesting release could be the Black and Blue sessions since there were so many guitar players who contributed in order to fill the gap left by Mick Taylor's departure. I would think there is some pretty interesting material within those sessions and hopefully preserved on tape.

Nice if true. And good if Black and Blue will follow.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 3, 2016 02:46

I received the Sticky Fingers Deluxe re-mastered box set for Christmas and it IS good but the DVD is only 2 songs!! Bitch and Rambler! I thought it was an entire show so I was disappointed. I think it is way over-priced! The booklet is really nice, well done with many photos I've never seen before. I do enjoy the 2 live cds from 1971 shows. Does anyone else feel more could have been done with this project for the price?

Posted by: JoT839 ()
Date: January 3, 2016 03:44

It's time for a Tattoo Two..... In that way the can choose anything from 73 and onwards.

Can't wait!

Date: January 3, 2016 08:47

GetYerAngie
swimtothemoon

Nice if true. And good if Black and Blue will follow.

Not for me! I want either a new album, not overdubs on 30/+ year old recordings, or the original outtakes as they were, maybe just a little remastered (NOT remixed/re-recorded!)!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-03 08:48 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 3, 2016 17:59

Blueranger
As mentioned earlier, Don Was is keen on making deluxe treatments of Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed. I think it will become a reality soon.

I would be surprised. Don't ABKCO have their own people? Don Was is too close to Stones Inc., surely.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 3, 2016 20:17

Correct. That's the real reason why there are no outtakes with STICKY FINGERS Deluxe as well. Don Was works for Promotone, not ABKCO.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home