Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CW 's interview part 3
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: August 15, 2005 21:22

Q - What are you playing this tour?
Oldies, big hits and new ones.We can't avoid to play the big hits!So we'll doin' all.
For the moment i recover my body, to get fitted one year later.The rehearsals are daily, for me it's like 6 hours jogging by day.i rebuilt my reserves.
Q - Bigger band?
Mick choose the title : the big bang with a superlative.
By the way i like the cover
Q - What about the song Sweet NeoCon?
Question for Mick. He talks about the neo conservatives. It's an "editorial" from Mick about Georges Bush and the way he annexes the whole planet. It's good to do so, i agree. Nobody writes protest songs and Mick is excellent for that.He likes politics, not me but his commentary is fine.I think the Stones must irritate some people.It's a good song with a change in the tonality, unusual for us and we do it well.I agree.The whole album is good.
Q - You sell a lot of tickets for the show but do you expect great sales for the CD?Pride?
It would be nice, no?Everytime we do an album we hope so.Yes we liked to see a big success with this CD but the time are changing.Before you could have both concerts and sales, now who's gonna sell? The guy fabulous on videos like Eminem : funny clips, good lyrics, does he need to play live?
The Stones are the best on stage.Who's better than Mick? Mickael Jackson? Hmmm, so i always earn my life playing on the road.
Q - What's the most frequent mistake about the Stones?
The Stones work a lot.Around them, it's different.
Sometimes ago, it was madness, drugs, sex, everything.
Many legends about us began from gossips, little details amplified from mouth to ears.
I never believed in the myth about the RS, i'm their drummer - faint difference -
It's what i do, the rest is non-sense, sometimes serious non-sense like Brian's death.Actually, imagine that the Stones are only a very good band performing awesome shows? Moreover, we recorded some @#$%& songs in the past, thinking about the MT's times.Nowadays, people want to see us on stage.
Q - How to be a good drummer?
Hmmmm, you have to get the tempo in your blood then strength.Whenever you play R&R or Soul you need that strength.It's really physical, i have to insist on the danceable part of our music but no problem : R&R is so simple comparing to Jazz music.
Q - What about the new stage?
Theorically, some people will stand above us on both sides.I'll see the real stage beside the drawings next week.
Thanks for this interview
CW : That's alright.

That's all folks, don't forget to thank the bloody froggie for his job

Re: CW 's interview part 3
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 15, 2005 22:01

thank you Marclaff!
you did us a great service by translating and posting this. thanks!

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Re: CW 's interview part 3
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 15, 2005 22:37

Yes, thanks Marclaff!

I always enjoy Charlie interviews much more than any other members'. No BS, no half-truths or advertising. Just plain truths, direct to the point. Charlie is the best!

Karl

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home