Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 102
OT: Bruce Springsteen
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 25, 2019 16:14

‘Western Stars’ New Studio Album Out on Columbia Records June 14

[brucespringsteen.net]

Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen 2016 - The River Tour and more
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 25, 2019 16:18

Love this photograph very much looking forward to the new album.

Nate

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 16:23

Excellent! Very much looking forward to that.

Moonlight Motel? Is that a combination of Moonlight Mile and Memory Motel?

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 25, 2019 22:27

There's also a tune called 'Stones'... I'm eager to hear what this record has to offer. Bruce's records over the last couple decades have been solid. The last two studio releases were less appealing to me, but they were advertised as more or less leftovers and revisits from other albums. The man still puts his heart and soul into his writing and playing.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 25, 2019 23:56

New song called "Hello Sunshine" has been playing on the E.Street Channel on Sirius XM today. Its is a great great song.

Totally blows me away when I hear it.

Can't wait for the album

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 26, 2019 05:47

Hoping to have his first really good album from him since Magic. Love the man to death, I don't blindly praise everything he did. I like Working On A Dream for what it is, but overall its shit. So is High Hopes, both leftovers albums, and should have been kept that way. Wrecking Ball, to me, was a misfire and undercooked, but everyone gets a pass. I thought Bruce was fairly untouchable from 99-08 in a time when he should have been far past his sell by date, so listen the guy has earned the right to do whatever he wants. But the last 10 years have been fairly middling, and I'm hoping this album signals a return to just plain great songwriting and is hopefully followed by another solo tour. I'd kill for another Devils and Dust style tour.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 09:26

RollingFreak
I'd kill for another Devils and Dust style tour.

ditto- IF it got to PERTH!!!

Rod

OT: Bruce Springsteen
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 26, 2019 13:32

Bruce Springsteen - Hello Sunshine (Lyric Video)

[www.youtube.com]

Bruce Springsteen's New Song "Hello Sunshine" w Video
Date: April 26, 2019 00:42

New song called "Hello Sunshine" has been playing on the E.Street Channel on Sirius XM today. Its is a great great song.

Here's the video -

[www.backstreets.com]

Can't wait for the new album " Western Stars"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-26 07:46 by Chris Fountain.

Re: Bruce Springsteen's New Song "Hello Sunshine" w Video
Date: April 26, 2019 07:47

Song was just released.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2019 08:17

"You fall in love with lonely.... you end up that way."

hey that's a good line …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 08:21

Beautiful. Can't wait for the album.

I guess Bruce is fighting his own demons again. One would say he has everyhing this World can offer, everything one can wish for, yet he has problems he is obviously not able to resolve permanently. It is surely a huge part of his creativity, but I guess the price is very high for him. Great honest man, I would wish him a peaceful life.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2019 08:24

Money cant buy happiness ….. Just ask Lisa ….she lost so much

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 26, 2019 08:57

pick up the pace son is what came to mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-26 08:58 by hopkins.

Date: April 26, 2019 09:17

hopkins
pick up the pace son is what came to mind.

like when the stones albums have wild horses, or memory motel, or play with fire, or as tears go by, or sweet black angel, or sweet virginia, or winter, or time is on my side, or angie, or you got the silver, or you better move on, or congratulations, or no expectations, or out of time, or heart of stone, or faraway eyes, or moonlight mile, or dead flowers, or i got the blues, or tops, or heaven, or out of tears, or thief in the night, or always suffering...

yep, I wish The Stones would pick up the pace too.

It's a wonderful new Bruce song

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-26 09:18 by bitusa2012.

Date: April 26, 2019 09:19

Rockman
"You fall in love with lonely.... you end up that way."

hey that's a good line …..

so is

No place to be and miles to go, but miles to go is miles away

Rod

Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 26, 2019 14:55

Great new tune Bruce. Love the lyrics. Welcome back Boss....

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 15:17

Beautiful song and artwork.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: April 26, 2019 16:46

I look forward to hearing the new one--- I was a HUGE Springsteen fan years ago--I thought his 70"s output was tremendous ! Those albums were incredible.

I fell out of favor with him when he decided to become Woody Guthrie......

And definitely stopped listening when he decided to become the voice of the people and downtrodden........his politics ruined the music for me.

That being said, many of his albums since then have had great cuts, but I have found it hard to stomach an entire albums worth

I would love to see him just make music again for the FUN of it....

Date: April 26, 2019 16:58

Very good song. I'll be very curious to see if he does a solo tour or goes out with E-Street.

The clock is ticking on all of them, unfortunately...

Date: April 26, 2019 17:07

Unfortunately he will most likely never make an album "for the fun of it" ever again. Sad but seems too unlikely.

As for a tour, either he's doing a solo tour for this this year (he has said he's not doing anything E Street this year) or he's not touring till next year when presumably the Born In The USA box set comes out at Christmastime. And there'll be a big tour for that next year which will also serve as the E Street's obvious last. But thats most likely his plan till 2021.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 26, 2019 18:11

Not a huge Bruce fan, but love the song and artwork.

Looking forward to hearing more tracks from it.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 26, 2019 18:20

Listening to "Hello Sunshine" and struck by how much it harkens back to countrypolitan music of the 1970s with touches of Glen Campbell and Charlie Rich in the vocals and musical vibe. Springsteen's voice, must admit, sounds good.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 26, 2019 18:22

bob r
I look forward to hearing the new one--- I was a HUGE Springsteen fan years ago--I thought his 70"s output was tremendous ! Those albums were incredible.

I fell out of favor with him when he decided to become Woody Guthrie......

And definitely stopped listening when he decided to become the voice of the people and downtrodden........his politics ruined the music for me.

That being said, many of his albums since then have had great cuts, but I have found it hard to stomach an entire albums worth

I would love to see him just make music again for the FUN of it....

What Bob said

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: April 26, 2019 18:36

dmay
Listening to "Hello Sunshine" and struck by how much it harkens back to countrypolitan music of the 1970s with touches of Glen Campbell and Charlie Rich in the vocals and musical vibe. Springsteen's voice, must admit, sounds good.

Not sure if you know that and are just reiterating but if you didn't then you nailed exactly what he himself said he was going for:

Do you still plan to release the solo album you’ve been talking about since before “The River” anniversary tour?

Oh yeah, I’ve just been caught up in other projects. It’s kind of waiting for its moment. Good music doesn’t go away!

Someone who’d heard it said it sounded like Aaron Copland.

I don’t know if anybody made that particular connection. Really, that record is influenced by Southern California pop music of the ’70s.

Like the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac?

No — Glen Campbell, Jimmy Webb, Burt Bacharach, those kinds of records. I don’t know if people will hear those influences, but that was what I had in my mind. It gave me something to hook an album around; it gave me some inspiration to write. And also, it’s a singer-songwriter record. It’s connected to my solo records writing-wise, more “Tunnel of Love” and “Devils and Dust,” but it’s not like them at all. Just different characters living their lives.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 26, 2019 19:12

Stones need to do Witchita Lineman.
of course if Mick sang gentle on my mind,
it would be Number 1 no doubt.
i could rewrite some verses for them and they could steal it maybe...

Date: April 26, 2019 20:23

Hello Sunshine

seems to be song about A guy that has been heartbroken on many occasions to the point of depression that he just wants to be alone and finds himself in a deep depression and keeps searching for that window of light.

By title you would think it is a happy-go lucky song. Of course it's not. The singing and orchestra combo with steel guitar and piano is strikingly beautiful. Bruce sings remarkably on this song.

Yes it has a hint of "Everybody's Talkin" and Glen Campbell but this is a different song that is also lyrically perfect and impacts all of us in one way or another.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-26 20:50 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 26, 2019 21:10

Re RollingFreak's comment on my comment, I had no idea Springsteen noted he was looking at a Glen Campbell/Jimmy Webb type thing. Interesting. I can only wonder now how the rest of the album will sound.

Date: April 26, 2019 21:18

Chris Fountain
Hello Sunshine

seems to be song about A guy that has been heartbroken on many occasions to the point of depression that he just wants to be alone and finds himself in a deep depression and keeps searching for that window of light.

By title you would think it is a happy-go lucky song. Of course it's not. The singing and orchestra combo with steel guitar and piano is strikingly beautiful. Bruce sings remarkably on this song.

Yes it has a hint of "Everybody's Talkin" and Glen Campbell but this is a different song that is also lyrically perfect and impacts all of us in one way or another.
I think it's more about him recognizing the futility of wallowing in despair, getting too comfortable with the isolation, and trying to find moments of happiness.

Date: April 26, 2019 21:19

dmay
Re RollingFreak's comment on my comment, I had no idea Springsteen noted he was looking at a Glen Campbell/Jimmy Webb type thing. Interesting. I can only wonder now how the rest of the album will sound.

Yep it was time for a change and it is welcomed. We all know that he can provide a raucous non-stop concert but now it is time for a blend of new and past. If this new album is as Bruce stated we are in for a treat. A Western Star tour would be nice a follow -up and if you think Stones tickets are hard to get - wait until everybody hears Hello Sunshine- Unfortunately this may have to be a stadium tour if my predictions are correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-26 21:23 by Chris Fountain.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home