Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen stuff
Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: May 18, 2019 01:49

bye bye johnny
Bruce Springsteen - There Goes My Miracle (Lyric Video)

[www.youtube.com]

Terrible song.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 18, 2019 01:59

This is a great song as well- The intent of the album was well spelled out in many articles . It is suppose to be orchestral with passion.

If you don't like it -Don't buy it and don't listen to it.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: May 18, 2019 02:55

Like it...looking forward to the album.

Date: May 18, 2019 14:58

I'm not sure how a Western Stars tour would shake out. Western Stars songs released thus far are very , very different than in which we are accustomed. Bruce hitting vocal notes that are very surprising and enlightening for his age.

I don't think the E street Band would fit into a Western Stars concert configuration.

I could be wrong but if the tour includes the E Street Band it would be two shows in one as we are talking two different music streams.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: May 18, 2019 15:13

word on the forums is that he won't tour WS, either solo or with a band (ESB or other).

instead, seems he will tour in 2020 with the ESB, backing another new album, yet to be recorded (with the E Street Band) but already mostly written.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-18 18:51 by superglen.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 18, 2019 15:15

Chris Fountain
This is a great song as well- The intent of the album was well spelled out in many articles . It is suppose to be orchestral with passion.

C'mon, people are allowed to listen and express their views on it.

I actually like the song. He's REALLY stretching his singing here though...I don't think his voice will hold up on some of these high notes if he tries to sing it live. Might end up being a vocal trainwreck.

Date: May 18, 2019 15:17

superglen
word on the forums is that he won't tour WS, either solo or with a band (ESB or other).

instead, seems he will tour in 2020 with the ESB, backing another new album, yet to be recorded (with the EScool smiley but arleady mostly written.
He deserves a year off after that grueling Broadway run.

And the clock is ticking on ESB...he may be a freak of nature physically, but he should get them on the road while everyone is still up for it.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 18, 2019 15:29

I think the ESB will keep going as long as Bruce wants.. They’ve already lost (and replaced) a few key guys in the band. I don’t see why that won’t keep happening as long as Bruce wants to keep touring with his band. I miss Clarence and Danny, but I’m still looking forward to the next tour, and any that may follow.

Date: May 18, 2019 15:32

keefriff99
Chris Fountain

C'mon, people are allowed to listen and express their views on it.

I actually like the song. He's REALLY stretching his singing here though...I don't think his voice will hold up on some of these high notes if he tries to sing it live. Might end up being a vocal trainwreck.

I agree - this should be a listen only type album. However, if the E Street Band tours in 2020 - I wouldn't mind hearing or seeing Hello Sunshine live - that song can be played live. I listen to E Street Radio on XM quite a bit so I welcome a new ESB album.

Date: May 18, 2019 15:32

Tate
I think the ESB will keep going as long as Bruce wants.. They’ve already lost (and replaced) a few key guys in the band. I don’t see why that won’t keep happening as long as Bruce wants to keep touring with his band. I miss Clarence and Danny, but I’m still looking forward to the next tour, and any that may follow.
True...I mean, they lost CLARENCE and kept it going. I suppose anyone can be replaced.

But guys like Max, Stevie, and especially Roy (who I think is the unheralded MVP of the band)...it would start to feel wrong if any of those guys left at this point.

Date: May 18, 2019 15:38

Those guys would never leave. no one has ever left the band. BTW Tallent is underrated for a bass player.

Date: May 18, 2019 15:50

Chris Fountain
Those guys would never leave. no one has ever left the band. BTW Tallent is underrated for a bass player.
Well I didn't mean "quit"...I meant "physically unable to continue". I hate even saying that, but it's something to consider at their ages.

Date: May 18, 2019 15:57

keefriff99
Chris Fountain
Well I didn't mean "quit"...I meant "physically unable to continue". I hate even saying that, but it's something to consider at their ages.

Thanks! - I stand corrected-

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 18, 2019 16:01

superglen

instead, seems he will tour in 2020 with the ESB, backing another new album, yet to be recorded (with the EScool smiley but arleady mostly written.

Bruce did a recent interview where he said as much that he had written just about a whole album's worth of material specifically for the E Street band and was expecting to tour it in 2020.

Date: May 18, 2019 16:07

Sighunt
superglen

Bruce did a recent interview where he said as much that he had written just about a whole album's worth of material specifically for the E Street band and was expecting to tour it in 2020.

Great!!! We're all going to the concert!!! Yes!!!

Date: May 18, 2019 16:36

Chris Fountain

no one has ever left but there aren't there 4 members who are no longer in the band? I thought 2 guys were replaced before born to run even came out

Date: May 18, 2019 16:49

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

no one has ever left but there aren't there 4 members who are no longer in the band? I thought 2 guys were replaced before born to run even came out

initially the drummer was replaced and some one else but I forgot who they are. But those were many moons ago before he reached int'l fame. It is so long ago - Sora like the Stones - replacing members very early before the same fame. Drummer & Brian. Of course Bill Wyman & MT quit which really pissed me off. If you listen to the bass runs on Still Life, one could argue that the loss of Wyman was more damaging.

Date: May 18, 2019 17:09

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

I didn't mean left as in "quit". I'm simply saying that at their ages, things start to happen health-wise.

Date: May 18, 2019 17:42

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

I didn't mean left as in "quit". I'm simply saying that at their ages, things start to happen health-wise.

I agree

Date: May 18, 2019 17:48

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

initially the drummer was replaced and some one else but I forgot who they are. But those were many moons ago before he reached int'l fame. It is so long ago - Sora like the Stones - replacing members very early before the same fame. Drummer & Brian. Of course Bill Wyman & MT quit which really pissed me off. If you listen to the bass runs on Still Life, one could argue that the loss of Wyman was more damaging.

its not really like the stones situation as the guys they replaced never played on a full length studio album. vini lopez and david sancious actually played on the first 2 studio albums bruce released and in david's case on the song "born to run". plus they appear on like 5 tunes on the tracks boxset and david played with bruce again in the 90's

Date: May 18, 2019 19:08

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

initially the drummer was replaced and some one else but I forgot who they are. But those were many moons ago before he reached int'l fame. It is so long ago - Sora like the Stones - replacing members very early before the same

fame. Drummer & Brian. Of course Bill Wyman & MT quit which really pissed me off. If you listen to the bass runs on Still Life, one could argue that the loss of Wyman was more damaging.

its not really like the stones situation as the guys they replaced never played on a full length studio album. vini lopez and david sancious actually played on the first 2 studio albums bruce released and in david's case on the song "born to run". plus they appear on like 5 tunes on the tracks boxset and david played with bruce again in the 90's

Well, I was close - it was so long ago. I'm glad we are all here and very happy for Jagger, the Stones, Bruce, IORR Members -I am ecstatic these days -

Let's Gooooooooo!!!!!!

Date: May 18, 2019 19:15

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

Ernest "Boom" Carter played drums on Born to Run...Max says he's never felt he gotten the beat right.

Date: May 18, 2019 20:15

Concerning Born to Run - Thankfully - the Alternate version wasn't chosen - it is nice but weird.

Date: May 18, 2019 22:27

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

Ernest "Boom" Carter played drums on Born to Run...Max says he's never felt he gotten the beat right.

yes I didn't list Lopez as playing on that tune i mentioned David played on it

OT: GQ mag presents life lessons from Sprinsteen
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 26, 2019 19:28

Interesting. There's some stuff that's covered that made me think of the Stones and other aging bands/performers.

[www.gq-magazine.co.uk]

Date: May 26, 2019 23:02

OK it is well known that we all like the Stones, Bruce, Bowie, etc...

l
All these artists have use other songs to show their influence.

I'm a huge Bruce fan but I can single out certain songs that are markmakers to songs... This comparison could go all night and day-

Mary Well - I'm going to love yo always= Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
Chuck Berry "don't lie to me" = If Cant Rock Me.

On and on ----Ok this argument can even trace to court cases.

We ALL HAVE BEEN INFLUENCED by others one way or another. It makes us better folks

Let's enjoy the music while we are still here

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 26, 2019 23:38

I get that certain feeling that with his new album I´ll have to continue the old procedure: Buying, listening to it once, putting it back on the shelf for the rest of my life... After all that crap he put out since 2007 (Magic) I am not expecting anything at all. I am a collector, meanwhile the only reason for me to buy his miserable albums. Back in 1991 I thought Human Touch & Lucky Town were miserable albums, but after all the albums that came after I think these two albums are pretty good... imo his last album worth listening to was Tunnel Of Love.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 27, 2019 10:11

Anybody here done Stan Goldstein's Bruce Springsteen tour around the Jersey Shore? I'm doing that on June 15th.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 27, 2019 11:12

HMS
I get that certain feeling that with his new album I´ll have to continue the old procedure: Buying, listening to it once, putting it back on the shelf for the rest of my life... After all that crap he put out since 2007 (Magic) I am not expecting anything at all. I am a collector, meanwhile the only reason for me to buy his miserable albums. Back in 1991 I thought Human Touch & Lucky Town were miserable albums, but after all the albums that came after I think these two albums are pretty good... imo his last album worth listening to was Tunnel Of Love.

Pretty much in agreement with what you said here, but what about "The Rising"? Are you a fan of that album?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-27 17:46 by TornAndFried.

Date: May 27, 2019 12:43

The most underrated albums is "Magic."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1968
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home