Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 102
Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen - 2016 - The River Tour
Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: July 17, 2016 20:41

I was there! But I haven`t seen an orchestra.Only some violin players :-)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 19, 2016 23:52

I was at the show in Rome had to stand in line for 12 hours for a pit pass very hard work in the heat but worth it amazing show.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 20, 2016 00:02

Best Springsteen show I've ever seen.

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: July 20, 2016 02:31

Just incredible - I don't know how he does it. 4 Hours of non stop energy and changing it up show after show. Absolutely amazing. I imagine every other major band must shake their head in disbelief and say "how can he do that at his age". And his band changing the shows night after night, to play so tight and powerfully on the fly....wow

Date: July 20, 2016 03:40

I saw Philadelphia and Brooklyn- very inspirational. I shook his hand in Philadelphia- missed the pit but was against the rail in the second section.
I fasted all day and had nothing to drink after 2pm to ensure I wouldn't need to use the bathtroom. Then went to see Billy Joel in NYC next day in 8 degree weather LOL

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: July 20, 2016 20:31

I was at the 2nd Paris show in the pit at the Bercy Arena. Fantastic night hearing the River played in full. Great crowd too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-20 20:32 by DartfordRenegade.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 21, 2016 10:47

I was there yesterday. My first Bruce concert, and man was it great! He started off with Dream Baby Dream, which grew stronger and stronger. Perhaps the best part was Independence Day followed by Hungry Heart. The River was also very strong and very moving. The E Street Band nailed it. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: July 21, 2016 14:03

JumpingKentFlash
I was there yesterday. My first Bruce concert, and man was it great! He started off with Dream Baby Dream, which grew stronger and stronger. Perhaps the best part was Independence Day followed by Hungry Heart. The River was also very strong and very moving. The E Street Band nailed it. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

3 hour and 20 min show (33 songs)

Four tour premieres: an opening "Dream Baby Dream" for the dearly departed Alan Vega, Chuck Berry's "You Never Can Tell," a throwback to the original River tour with "Follow That Dream," and the beloved "Frankie."

Dream Baby Dream
The Promised Land
Badlands
No Surrender
The Ties That Bind
Sherry Darling
Two Hearts
Independence Day
Hungry Heart
Out in the Street
You Never Can Tell
Cover Me
You Can Look But You Better Not Touch
Death to My Hometown
The River
American Skin
Frankie
Darlington County
I'm a Rocker
Working on the Highway
Follow That Dream
I'm on Fire
Because the Night
The Rising
Land of Hope and Dreams
Backstreets
Born in the U.S.A.
Born to Run
Ramrod
Dancing in the Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
Shout
Thunder Road

Date: July 21, 2016 14:07

125 diff songs done so far on the 2016 tour (61 shows)

still 14 shows to go

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 21, 2016 17:04

I guess I should start paying attention again since Chicago is less than a month away.

Date: July 21, 2016 17:14

it looks like we will reach 150 diff songs (or so) by the tour's end

the 2014 tour had only 34 gigs and no less then 181 different songs performed!!!

Date: July 21, 2016 22:43

I wonder if he's going to play entire River album again in America or whether he sticks to the current formula for the rest of the tour.

OT: Great read on early Springsteen & former manager
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 20, 2016 19:21

A great read about Born To Run and early Springsteen and his first manager. Enjoy.

[www.timesofisrael.com]

Re: OT: Great read on early Springsteen & former manager
Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: July 21, 2016 06:27

Fascinating. A little self serving at times but what can you expect from a Rock and Roll manager?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 21, 2016 09:56

Bruce's version of Appel's contribution to his career...
[www.theguardian.com]

And :
Journo : "I took my daughter to see Bob Dylan a few summers ago in Israel and it was as bad as I warned her that it was going to be.

Appel : (Laughs.) “This is not going to be such a great experience.” Right."

Mike thats' the difference between an artist (Dylan) and an entertainer (Bruce). An artist does his thing autonomously as if he was alone in the venue, an entertainer does his thing around the audience. I'd say he whores to the audience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-21 10:08 by dcba.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 21, 2016 17:14

So, Jagger...the ultimate all round entertainer then.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 21, 2016 17:24

Could be... you could feel that in 1988 when Jagger was free to run the show his way. The concert was totally directed to the audience and imho it didn't age well.

But fortunately Mick has Keef who doesn't give a single sh!t about the audience.
Tell him that in 1994 people ran to the bathroom during "The Worst" and he'll tell you he doesn(t care at all.

So that balances things. Bruce has no Keef so he's like the Jerry Lewis of rock.
Please note I said "Jerry Lewis" not "Jerry Lee Lewis" smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-21 17:26 by dcba.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 21, 2016 18:30

Yes great read, thanks for posting the link!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-22 06:39 by hopkins.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 21, 2016 20:00

Good interview, thanks for posting .

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: July 22, 2016 05:35

One thing he points out is how important David Sancious was to the greatness of Springsteen's early stuff, particularly the "E Street Shuffle" LP. Roy Bittan brought a different palette and Bruce went on to a different level of greatness, but there is a grandeur and sweep in a "Kitty' Back" that he never got back to.

Re: OT: Bruce Springsteen 2016 - The River Tour and more
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 22, 2016 10:09

I tend to think the jazz influence in those early days was attributable to Sancious.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 22, 2016 10:59

He might just do the full The River album tomorrow night in Gothenburg, but don't hold your breath. Paris (indoors) was the perfect setting for the full album.

Date: July 22, 2016 11:57

I think we'll hear full The River once again in Europe (possibly on the last show) and at least once in America (possibly at the end of tour).

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 22, 2016 13:15

dcba
But fortunately Mick has Keef who doesn't give a single sh!t about the audience.

Please, let me remind you, that he has been playing the same crowd-pleasing-full-of-warhorses shows for the past almost 30 years. Also the way he acts on stage is very crowd-pleasing (mostly in a good way, if his posing doesn't affect his playing). I would dare to say that Bob Dylan doesn't give a single sh!t about the audience (and as much as I respect the man, I honestly don't think it hepls his live shows) but Keith?

OT: Springsteen plays 4 hour set in NJ
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 27, 2016 01:14

Take it easy Bruce, you're 67. I guess he CAN Prove It All Night. Almost TOO much of a good thing in it's way, but this world wide tour
ending soon has been justifiably historic, and made so many people happy.
I couldn't even watch a show this long and I'm younger than him.

He's doing 33 and 35 song shows, most of them warhorses,
but like our Stones, they're pretty magnificent songs and it's historic in the world of rock n' roll.
It will be a sad day when the last of the 2nd generation rock and rollers retire. We've all been pretty lucky to live in these times
and it's so great we're less than two months from a Stones show!! winking smiley

whew, just time to relish and say thank you and "rock it out, rock it out!" as Mick kept saying at the Fonda when they let BS fly and blew every mind in the place.

Again, I'm so happy it's less than two months till the Stones prove it all over again.
Bruce's set list in the link:

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-27 01:20 by hopkins.

Re: OT: Springsteen plays 4 hour set in NJ
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 27, 2016 01:28

thumbs down
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Hope everybody had a great time.

smileys with beer

Edit:
Bruce's 4 minutes with THE ROLLING STONES playing TUMBLING DICE in 2012 was enough. Everybody should quit at a high!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-27 01:31 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: August 27, 2016 02:07

I saw Bruce once over a decade ago, and once was enough. I do like some of his songs. He's a bit over the top as a live performer, for my taste, but others seem to love him.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 27, 2016 02:07

I was there last night. It was magical. It may not have been the greatest set, but at some point you're just amazed he keeps going and that just keeps the energy of the show up. I was truly shocked. It actually was a really good set (kinda all over the place, but it had its messages, some obscurities, obviously crowd pleasers) and by the end I really was shocked he kept going. I follow his sets so I know the gist, but when he finished Shout I really thought he was over and he kept yelling "if you yell loud enough, we'll keep playing." I don't care if you're a fan or not, at 67 and 3 hours and 45 minutes in thats damn impressive.

I hadn't seen the guy in 4 years cause I felt like I was seeing him too much, but last night was so much fun.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 27, 2016 02:13

4HOURS!!!!! ... geeeeeeez that's a long time ta hide out in the rest-rooms ... ....
Maybe it'd be better ta kill those hours watchin' Gone With The Wind ... BUT Frankly my dear ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 27, 2016 02:18

RollingFreak
I was there last night. It was magical. It may not have been the greatest set, but at some point you're just amazed he keeps going and that just keeps the energy of the show up. I was truly shocked. It actually was a really good set (kinda all over the place, but it had its messages, some obscurities, obviously crowd pleasers) and by the end I really was shocked he kept going. I follow his sets so I know the gist, but when he finished Shout I really thought he was over and he kept yelling "if you yell loud enough, we'll keep playing." I don't care if you're a fan or not, at 67 and 3 hours and 45 minutes in thats damn impressive.

I hadn't seen the guy in 4 years cause I felt like I was seeing him too much, but last night was so much fun.

Do it while you can.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 102

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home