Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Band Introductions: Do Charlie Last This Time
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 12, 2005 19:29

Charlie always gets a great, well-deserved ovation, but lots of times Mick doesn't give the crowd enough of a chance to express its love for Charlie. He'll move right along and introduce Keith while the crowd is still cheering for Charlie. This time, he should introduce Charlie last, and give the crowd a chance to really let loose, really let Charlie hear it this time, ya know? And if he doesn't introduce him last, then @#$%& 'em, just keep cheering so loud he'll HAVE to wait to introduce Keith!

Re: Band Introductions: Do Charlie Last This Time
Posted by: the juf ()
Date: August 12, 2005 19:37

it is a smashing idea, couldn't agree with you more on that, but I think Charlie couldn't care less....

Date: August 12, 2005 19:38

the juf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it is a smashing idea, couldn't agree with you
> more on that, but I think Charlie couldn't care
> less....

Of course he cares.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: August 12, 2005 19:44

no, I don't think so... this is how it has been going on for 43 years on end.....
Charlie is not the person to be first....

but I must admit: he should be....

Date: August 12, 2005 19:51

Okay, but I saw something very strange happen at the end of a show in '97. Everyone came to the front of the stage to take their bows, then, the sidemen left and the four official Stones took a bow to thunderous applause, then, Keith and Woody left and Mick and Charlie took a final bow to REALLY thunderous applause! What was that all about? It seemed like Mick was saying "This is the last time you're going to see him, let's really let him hear it!" Another possible interpretation is that Mick was testing the waters, doing a little market research, to see if fans might be willing to someday accept a Rolling Stones lineup that included Mick and Charlie as the only original members.

Did anyone else see that at any other shows? A Mick and Charlie final bow?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-12 19:54 by tatters.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: August 12, 2005 20:01

i've seen several mick and charlie final bows, i've even seen charlie leave the stage last. he loves the applause, he drinks it up!!! once i saw mick and charlie doing a final bow and charlie raised micks hand and mick did a little pirouette!

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: August 12, 2005 20:34

That's because Mick is Charlie's singer ......

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home