Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Happy RS Day!
Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: August 12, 2005 15:35

I guess my subject line is a bit faux pas because I don't really know of any official Rolling Stones Day, but I just wanted to post out here one time (for posterity) about how freaking excited I am about this tour and album!!

I also wanted to point out that I feel fantastically priveleged to interface on this board with folks like yourself (and you know who you are T&A, Mathijs included smiling smiley) whom I consider to be extremely knowledgeable, astute and inteligent reagarding most things dear to IORR-- The Rolling Stones (and of course knowledgeable, astute and intelligent of other worldly things as well I'm sure).

I probably enjoy reading here more than posting, but I must say this is the first place I dial up when requiring info on my favorite band. After yesterday's first listen (and thanks so much to Voodoo on Rocks Off) of some more of the BiBg album I am now convinced that this will really be a special studio effort from the Boys- the likes we haven't seen in many a year. And I honestly felt like yesterday was somewhat symbolic of a holiday so I thought I'd spread some cheer on this board to all of you kind folks because while we do spend some time here devoted to other non stones issues (Politics, war, stereo types, ethnicity, etc.) we're here for the music right? And I thought some cheer was in order!

Anyway, not meaning to become too philosophical here, just wanting to express my gratitiude for having a place like this to come to (and BV your expertise, time and consideration is greatly appreciated - you most certainly have one of the most enviable jobs in the world!) where we can talk and read about the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world.

Hope to see you guys on the road! I'll be wearing the "Crossfire" t-shirt in Detroit!!

So Happy Rolling Stones Day! smiling smiley or not!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2262
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home