Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No-Hits CD
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:36

I have compiled 3 Stones "No-Hitter" CDs (covering different eras). Thinking of doing a post-Dirty Work one. Any thoughts?

Also, thinking of doing a McCartney one too. Thoughts?

No radio hits please.

Re: No-Hits CD
Date: November 6, 2015 20:36

By thoughts, I mean what songs should I use.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:39

Complete 'London Town'...it's an absolute useless album musically...and for Stones ?

2 1 2 0

Date: November 6, 2015 20:40

Damn, CO, I mean good songs! LOL

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:41

smiling smiley

Date: November 6, 2015 22:01

Actually, "Girlfriend" and "I've Had Enough" aren't bad.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: November 7, 2015 01:19

Agree most hits are not the best songs,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-07 12:10 by Tonstone.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: November 7, 2015 01:58

Sad Sad Sad, Fancyman Blues, For Your Precious Love, Break The Spell (Monitor mix), Almost Hear You Sigh, Hearts for Sale & Terrifying (Monitor Mixes) Slipping Away (stripped version), Highwire, Little Baby, Jump on Top Of Me, Moon Is up, Baby Break It Down, Thru & Thru Live rarities version, Honest Man, Sparks Will Fly, The Worst, Out Of Tears, The Storm, Flip The Switch, Lowdown, You Don't Have To Mean It, Too tight, How Can I Stop or Thief In The Night (Must be only 1 not both),Don't Stop, Let Me Down Slow, It Won't Take Long, Laugh I Nearly Died, Back Of My Hand, Biggest Mistake, This Place Is empty, Under The Radar, Dangerous Beauty, Doom & Gloom.

Bonus Can't Turn You Loose,Learning The Game, Bob Wills Is Still The king, Can't Stand Next to you, Night time Is The Right Time, That's How Strong My Love Is Champagne & Reefer Going To A Go Go, Mr Pitiful, Salt Of The Earth (Hurricane benefit).

Enjoy Elmo ole friend. The MEZ

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-07 04:09 by The Mez.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 7, 2015 02:19

Come On
Complete 'London Town'...it's an absolute useless album musically...and for Stones ?

With a little luck you can find some great tunes.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 7, 2015 02:29

There are plenty of post DW tracks to make a good comp that are not singles. Exclude the singles, exclude the shit tracks like Sweet Neo Con, Streets Of Love, Sparks Will Fly, New Faces, Anyway You Look At It, Gunface, Might As Well Get Juiced and, perhaps, that's it, then you can pretty much have a decent playlist.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:43

if I'm making mixed CD's of stones, I like to go thematic, as in:

Stones Country
Sycadelic Stones
Stones Dance Party
I Got The Blooz
Rolling In The Stones (Ballads)
Rolling Rockers

...you get the drift.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:47

GasLightStreet
There are plenty of post DW tracks to make a good comp that are not singles. Exclude the singles, exclude the shit tracks like Sweet Neo Con, Streets Of Love, Sparks Will Fly, New Faces, Anyway You Look At It, Gunface, Might As Well Get Juiced and, perhaps, that's it, then you can pretty much have a decent playlist.

I performed this exercise and all that is on this CD is "Thru and Thru". I guess you recommend playing it on repeat?

Posted by: BreakingBlues ()
Date: November 7, 2015 09:02

Gomper should definitely be on there. tongue sticking out smiley

"I hope you didn't record any of this""No I didn't"

Date: November 7, 2015 17:19

Turner68
GasLightStreet

I performed this exercise and all that is on this CD is "Thru and Thru". I guess you recommend playing it on repeat?

HA HA!

You could put it on a disc 12 times. That's 75 minutes instead of repeating it because that would just go on forever...

Date: November 7, 2015 17:38

Post DIRTY WORK no-hits. I'm going to guess that also means no singles, regardless of how chart successful they were. This will fit on a CD:

Sad Sad Sad
Flip The Switch
It Won't Take Long
Lowdown
Dangerous Beauty
The Worst
This Place Is Empty
Blinded By Love
Hearts For Sale
Let Me Down Slow
Slipping Away
Moon Is Up
Break The Spell
The Storm
Fancy Man Blues
Laugh I Nearly Died
You Don't Have To Mean It
Thief In The Night
How Can I Stop

Date: November 7, 2015 17:45

Elmo Lewis
I have compiled 3 Stones "No-Hitter" CDs (covering different eras). Thinking of doing a post-Dirty Work one.

So you did 3 no hits compilations that are pre-DIRTY WORK...

I'm guessing you either did not use any of that abomination's tracks or if you did you used the best ones, Too Rude, Had It With You and Sleep Tonight.

Not having any DW tracks would not be noticed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home