Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
stones may not be on N.F.L.
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:22

american news said the N.F.L. may not have the stones on before opening game due to the controversial song "neo con" . the deal may be off. what a jag Bush is being. U can't say we're a totally free nation with free speech anymore. this is typical Bush and I'm glad I didn't vote for the moron.

Re: stones may not be on N.F.L.
Posted by: micawber ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:27

Can't agree more, it's poor and childish.
But for someone not able to eat bretzels on his own...

Date: August 12, 2005 03:28

lol

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:31

What a joke. Political Correctness has taken over the USA. Ughhh...

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:37

Sad, because they miss one of the best songs of the last 20 years:-)))
Would be interesting who teached him the meaning of the lyrics *LOL*

Date: August 12, 2005 03:37

I suggest that anyone who is offended by this ridiculous smear campaign against the Rolling Stones, that you email FOXNEWS and let them know they are crossing the line. No other media outlet is putting this much negative PR on this issue. Ironically, FOX makes a ton of money off of the NFL. The Stones will only increase ratings. It just goes to show they are owned by the Republican estabishment.
GO MICK GO!!!!

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:41

"this is typical Bush and I'm glad I didn't vote for the moron."

Ah folks... George Bush is president of the United States. Not the NFL.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:46

im 99% sure the stones r gonna be on the ABC network ,,before the 1st game begins ,,from a concert in detroit,,seen the commercial the other night on ABC,it was cool,,if it gets cancelled u would hav to here it from ABC,,,FOX is competing against ABC ,,they may say negative stuff about the stones to draw veiwers away

Date: August 12, 2005 03:49

Good point about the Fox/ABC ratings rivarly.
Still, I was disgusted just watching the debate about Jagger. It's so obvious what their agenda is.
Why wouldn't the NFL want the Stones? They are the biggest R&R band ever, and, they are still alive and touring. Duh!!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:51

there is no bigger group of pussies in the USA than the NFL.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:52

We are at copsnrobbers agree with all your comments The Bush Administration is depleading this country in many ways The current admistrationis committed to dismantling the achievments of the popular struggle through the past century , the prospect of a government which serves popular interest is being dimantled by the conservitive neo-fascist and it lobbying whores.. thank you copsnrobbers.

Posted by: marston ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:52

George W Bush ..... The only convicted criminal to occupy the White House... He was a male cheerleader in college. Will go down in history as the worst president EVER!

Date: August 12, 2005 03:55

he's good at snorting coke!

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: August 12, 2005 03:59

Maybe in France the gov't decides what goes on the air, but not in the U.S..

ABC may be pussies indeed...they ought not cave to such pressure. Having said that, PEOPLE can boycott whatever they please...that's freedom too.

Wonder if Mick the political sage will cave to Mick the businessman now that a business deal might die...you all know what will happen...Let's Spend SOME TIME Together????

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 12, 2005 04:03

One of the Glimmer Twins spoke on this topic and seemingly was against the controversy the song might arouse. Is Mick truly against the Bush policies or is he simply looking for headlines?

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 12, 2005 04:06

theres an NFL game on ESPN right now,,,thats a sister co. of ABC,,if they dont show the stones commercial,, Monday night i saw it 3 times,,,then maybe they canned the stones

Date: August 12, 2005 04:10

J.J.Flash we here at copsnrobbers agree with your latest post but still the best druggie pres-dog we ever had was Kennedy Top quality pain killers are a presidents best friend...we readed Pres. Hamilton snorted blow before "Dualing" can you comfirm that ? What do you know about the stones version of "Love in vain" ?, and it's origin ? "Hey Rockman whats up? thank you copsnrobbers

Date: August 12, 2005 04:17

actually, me thinks Monroe was on smack when he came up with that doctrine thing!
He qualifies as the druggiest president!

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 12, 2005 04:23

Ok, most of you abhor politics, but this is an explicit slap in the face to Bush and his cronies. By extension, then, the NFL decides to drop their well-publicized plans to feature the Stones ? No, it ain't gonna happen. The NFL hasn't lost its scent for money, and the Stones tap into a market that has mass appeal in the US. The love of cash makes strange bedfellows, doesn't it?

Date: August 12, 2005 04:25

4tylix .. we here at copsnrobbers believe you have brought this converstion full circle your points in your last post brought up the spector of censorship.. and Jagger is a businessman make no mistake about that we believe Keiths has a nose on which way the wind blows... as we are waiting patiently on the floor thank you copsnrobbers

Date: August 12, 2005 04:32

Censorship is when the government stops speech, not when a business decides not to air something for fear of losing money...may be a good business decision or a bad one. Either way it's their business to @#$%& up.

Boycotts aren't censorship, they're protests. Some we may agree with (i.e. Ceasar(?) Chavez's boycotts for migrant workers) and other we don't like....still, the boycotter denies himself through his protest and that's his right.

ABC ought to stick to its guns and keep the Stones, but its free enterprise and they can do whatever they please. Personally, I wanna hear the Stones! :-)

Date: August 12, 2005 04:35

What's funny is that Fox produces show's with Paris Hilton and Pam Anderson. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Jagger is a British citizen expressing his feelings. Last I heard, the US Constitution allowed freedom of speech. Yet it's OK for FOX to air, on primtime, a no-talent millionaire spoiled brat, who's naked body has been shown all over the internet engaged in sexual acts. Not that there is anything wrong with sex, but, if you are going to wave the flag and preach family values, then practice what you preach. I won't even mention Paula Abdul and American Idol. Yikes.

Date: August 12, 2005 04:37

letitbleed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's funny is that Fox produces show's with
> Paris Hilton and Pam Anderson. Talk about the pot
> calling the kettle black. Jagger is a British
> citizen expressing his feelings. Last I heard, the
> US Constitution allowed freedom of speech. Yet
> it's OK for FOX to air, on primtime, a no-talent
> millionaire spoiled brat, who's naked body has
> been shown all over the internet engaged in sexual
> acts. Not that there is anything wrong with sex,
> but, if you are going to wave the flag and preach
> family values, then practice what you preach. I
> won't even mention Paula Abdul and American Idol.
> Yikes.

Man, you're spot on. Fox definitely plays both sides. No intelligent person takes their shit seriously.

Date: August 12, 2005 04:39

It's to bad though. I like watching a lot of FOX's programs. I wish they wouldn't screw with the Stones. That gets me mad.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 12, 2005 04:39

Shawn20 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of the Glimmer Twins spoke on this topic and
> seemingly was against the controversy the song
> might arouse. Is Mick truly against the Bush
> policies or is he simply looking for headlines?

I think Mick has always been about the money and the limelight. He has always been the best businessman in the business every move is calculated. Even non Stone fans will see the story and have to check out the song and maybe buy a ticket or CD which =$$$$. I do not think he cares one way or another about the U.S or British polocies. If he has decided to become political at this late stage of his life how can you take him serious. Maybe he just doesn't like the Bush's wasn't Highwire written as a spoof to the 1st Gulf War.

He has lived very nicely for 40 years and he will till the day he dies.
Has he really ever had compation for anyone or anything except his music his money or his Stones? Honestly I could care what his views are, on any world matters. Im paying very good money to see the Stones at least five times this tour. I just want to see great shows and hear some great music.

Date: August 12, 2005 04:40

Bassplayer617 we here at copsnrobbers agree with your last post even though we are liars and thieves "The love of cash " etc is right to the bone ..not to mention the publicity you also tap on... .Basplayer617 we are perplexed did Wyman ever strap on a six string bass.. ala, Phil Lesh ? . thank you copsnrobbers

Date: August 12, 2005 04:42

Phil Lesh needed six strings to fill in the space. RIP Jerry....

Date: August 12, 2005 04:43

letitbleed u hit the nail on the head. those people at fox contradict themselves totally with the paris and abdul crap!

Date: August 12, 2005 04:44

I personally think Mick's views are sincere. More power to him for expressing what he's thinking. Still, I never like being preached to at a concert, but it's their show and I'll listen. Those who cheer can cheer...some might boo in some places, but despite all these posts of mine, you won't hear my voice among them. I respect his right to say what he pleases.

Date: August 12, 2005 04:45

I agree Virgil. I don't care what Jagger's views are on politics. Nor do I think that the media should be focusing on them. Unfortunately he's being used for dirty tricks between networks. If FOX wants to cry about Jagger, how about Sympathy for the Devil? Why not dig up Fingerprint File? Faraway Eyes sure wasn't nice to the "Colored" people.
The whole thing stinks. I hope Jagger sticks to his guns.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home