Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: stones may not be on N.F.L.
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 12, 2005 04:50

The Glimmer Twin I referred to was Keith. I saw his interview on CNN....he was concerned about the Dixie Chicks styled controversy.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 12, 2005 04:55

This is kind of funny. WhenI first heard about the MNF thing the first thing that came into my head was can these guys do anything more to whore themselves out ? I mean for gods sake. They will do anything for a buck. And don't give me any bullshit about they deserve it. That's crap . The other funnny thing was I was thinking the other day that if these guys are going to charge $450 and up for a ticket and they SAY they don't care about the money. Then ehy not donate a lot ofit to charity. Welll sure as shit a email come today about buying a ticket to through there website and some of it goes to charity. The bitch is they STILLL get THERE $450. Then tag another 200 or whatever you want to donate.
That is BULLSHIT. I would pay the $450 if I knew that 200 or 250 of it went to charity. But these bastards want theres and more. GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: August 12, 2005 04:59

What do you mean by it's crap about them deserving it? If a guy can kill his wife, dump her in the bay, go to jail, write a book, get a hundred marriage proposals and make a million dollars, why can't the greatest rock and roll band in the world cash in to insure that their offspring will never have to worry? And, in the process, pleasure their longtime fans with a tour even though they are pushing 70-years-old.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 12, 2005 05:05

Politics aside.....

I would prefer the Stones Not associated with the NFL

It is bad enough i.m.h.o. w/ all the corporate sponsorship etc...

But I guess considering the finacial undertaking of it all, the tour, etc.. you would need something like that. But you would think their bank would be full enough to do it on their own.

My main complaint would be this.....

Rock & Roll ( Real Rock, the Spirit of Rock! )

should not be doled out on a 2 min. t.v. commerical.....

should not be sold on hangers as t-shirts in K-mart's and Wal-mart's

Rock used to a revolutionary force........

now it is a mass-produced , sales figures obessed, marketing game

ROCK IS DEAD!

R.I.P.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: August 12, 2005 05:08

Politics aside.....

But I guess considering the finacial undertaking of it all, the tour, etc.. you would need something like that. But you would think their bank would be full enough to do it on their own.

ROCK IS DEAD!

R.I.P.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: August 12, 2005 05:08

Bassplayer617 we here at copsnrobbers agree with your latest post "it an't gonna happen." the stones have alway been businessman that's why they began their . own label, and besides you know and we know televsion has no credibility.. Frank Zappa had a song we believe it was called "The slim ...hey bassplayer617 we here at copsnrobbers are perplexed did Wyman ever play a six string bass as a member of stones ? I beleive Phil Lesh Still does.. thank you copsnrobbers

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 12, 2005 05:10

lapetomane all u do is bitch!
say something nice about the stones or this site or ur buddy,me!

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: August 12, 2005 05:10

A tour of this size is a major finacial undertaking. It's not like the Stones are cutting corners. They always spend a lot of money on the production. 400 bucks for a ticket doesn't surprise me. Just think of the fuel expense to get this tour from city to city. There aren't a lot of band willing to take on this kind of tour nowadays. Of course there aren't many bands that would be able to sell out 40 stadiums either.

Date: August 12, 2005 05:13

Politics aside.....

ROCK IS DEAD!

R.I.P.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: August 12, 2005 09:53

I think Fox has to have something new, since they've just about run out of things to say about the blond girl missing in Aruba. It was funny seeing one of their breathless commentators claiming that Mick is 72 years old (and he wasn't kidding, he apparently believed it).

It is funny about Fox playing both sides. They have the family values people all over their news network, but the most graphic programming outside of pay cable is on their FX network. Violence, swearing, even a bit of nudity. When the film "Kinsey" came out, there were a lot of right wing Christians on Fox News denouncing the content of that movie. Yet the movie itself was produced by . . . Fox Searchlight, a subsidiary of Fox. I think Rupert Murdoch likes to play his right wing audience for suckers, then collect the ad revenue that they generate.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 12, 2005 10:10

That's the democrazy Bush wants to spread out all over the world - it would rather call it tyranny, dictatorship..... at least has nothing to do with democrazy.......

Bush democrazy philosophy (if the he understand that word (his brain is smaller than a pea)) is to convert an existing regime to a new one, which allows and his fellows to come in an take the money away from the country......

PS. - Pay Attention, this is not about disliking US or american citizens (not at all), but disliking the man who is in charge of the country right now......

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: August 12, 2005 10:31

G Bush is a rip-off in himself !
he is a master at controversy ! remember the way he was elected..
and now he can't stand controversy from the others..
sometimes dictators need a slap on the wrist !

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 12, 2005 10:51

We keep coming back to the high price of tickets and like most things in life if one promoter sees another promoter charging so & so for a tour you can bet your bottom dollar it will raise the benchmark for future concerts imho.

Me personally as stated before that mick is a cute buisness man and courts controversy and in this day & age we get to hear all the bad/crap items before any good news as unfortunately it makes people sit up & notice.

I have this arguement at work with a work friend as he remembers in the sixties that mick was a rebel & icon for the rebellious youth with records like street fighting man, sftd, etc and all along in his view mick came from a middle class background <fair enough in my eyes> but all along was a tory supporter which supposedly would have gone against the majority of working class background who would be buying the albums * singles at that time & espiecally more so the thatcher years.

I did ask the question about michael moores ideas, as i was on holiday and ran out of books to read, and managed to grab a copy of 'stupid white men' and was interested to read how g-bush managed to swindle the numbers in miami to gain the election.

Ps i am trying to remember this from memory so some of the facts could be wrong.

PPS Would be interested to know the american feelings about above article.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: August 12, 2005 11:23

It's very easy: The Stones will not play Neo Con live in the US. I am quite sure. For business reasons they will surely try to avoid any confrontation. But why making such a big fuzz about a song which we heard only in splits and don't even know the whole cover of the words. At least I hav searched for them and the only words i find is regarding these two sentences. At the end the controversy was launched by the management themselves to keep it attractive. I wouldn't wonder about it.

Date: August 12, 2005 11:51

Apologies i just read the 'jagger on bush thread' for the last forty minutes i reckon i got some answers on there!!!.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 12, 2005 12:04

well if they don't want the stones to play then they shouldn't play.. they'll be quite sorry!! allot of fans will be very dissapointed.

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 12, 2005 15:59

"letitbleed u hit the nail on the head. those people at fox contradict themselves totally with the paris and abdul crap!"

Ah, folks.... FOX-TV and Fox News are two entirely different networks. FOX-News, a cable only channel in the US reaches about 2 million people throughout a single day. Our lowest rated evening newscast here (CBS) reaches 6.5 million in a single half hour!

FOX-TV is a network channel providing primarily comedy entertainment. No news at all.

For the record, or for those who have heard the record, "NEO-CON" is a pretty subpar song. It's right up there in the tradition of "Highwire" and "It Must Be Hell" in the (thankfully) small pantheon of socially aware Stones songs.

Posted by: nyustones ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:15

Having not heard the full song, I can only partially agree R. However, when I read the lyrics I was both proud to be a stones fan and relieved someone finally stepped up to carry on the Dylan-esque "Masters of War" tradition.

America needs a protest song like they need to stop their oil imperialism! My generation, the youth generation, should step up like those before them during Vietnam. But, that will never happen.

The Bush Administration's subversion of any doubters or opposition has been the best counterattack the world has ever seen. Communist regimes should take notes!

I am completely surprised and disappointed at the lack of backbone by any politicians, corporations, or artists that go against the Bush Administration. If true, the actions of the NFL to drop the Rolling Stones was to be expected - things of this nature have been going on for close to five years now.

Date: August 12, 2005 16:20

In a very morbid way do the good people from the usa thing that the attacks on the towers helped bush to be re-elected and going to war in iraq as i reckon the falklands war got thatcher back in imho.

I also realise that this is getting away from the music.

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:22

So the Stones are still a bit anti-establishment. Good news to me. I couldĀ“nt come to terms with Mick or Keith shaking hands with "Where is my brain"-Bushie.

Posted by: nyustones ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:28

To answer your question Odean, I don't think the American people think those two issues helped him get elected. He was the face of American freedom during a very tragic time - in terms of 9/11 - but 3 years had passed. The Iraq war had not yet spilled over to the quagmire it now is and even worse his opponents could not capitalize on the anti-war sentiment.

In my opinion, Bush was not re-elected based on issues, but was re-elected because of better politics. Meaning, better political strategists, etc.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:42

Well, after 8 years of Bush, US and the rest of the world will have to face 8 years with the other Bush (his brother) and then 8 years with that ugly, s....y, b...h: C. Rice.....

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:43

I am not posting on RS versus NFL but replying directly to 4tylicks.
Your comments about France in general and censorship in particular are getting onto my nerves.
Where do you get your information from ?Have you ever visited this country?

I have been travelling to the USA for many long years now.Going there once every two months.Because you live there you don't notice the changes but for a foreigner it's hard to believe.Political correctness,blindness over the rest of world;history ,geography and overall culture are neglected .
The kind of statement that you make (wrapped in a form of fake intellectualism)is pure arrogancy.
If you are so keen on history,you'll remember that all empires have fallen down.Yours will not be the exception

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: August 12, 2005 16:44

I don't like getting involved in American politics at all but I can see the point Drake made on the other post about how Bush-bashers do a lot of name calling but don't have much to say to back it up. Come on this would be more interesting if the Anti-Bush side had something to say than jokes about his brain being small.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 12, 2005 17:05

I will close any threads and posts who are attacking individuals or groups of individuals, like countries, people, races, religions etc.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home