Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Amsterdam
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 19, 2015 19:10

Ha-ha I like that, "if it ain't Dutch it ain't much". My wife and love visiting Amsterdam, so far this year 4 times (and Utrecht next month planned). My wife Japanese calls it home, I'm American and I call it the greatest place (tied with Madrid) my other favorite. Seems most everyone there is happy and satisfied with life. Really makes it enjoyable. Cheers!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 20, 2015 01:18

mtaylor
Going to Amsterdam right now. Any good bars, and what is a good local beer (not Heineken)

Well,the real Mick Taylor was in Amsterdam tonight, met him at Rich Robinson's gig winking smiley

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 20, 2015 16:10

I generally avoid pubs that only serve Oranjeboom, Dommelsch, Bavaria or Grolsch lagers. For lager, try the Limburgian ones: Brand, Gulpener, Hertog Jan or Alfa. Some pubs only serve Jupiler, which is good but belgian. Remarkably though, you probably won't get any Stella.

The La Trappe range imo is inferior to the Belgian trappists or blonde/double/tripel specials, although it's widspread and in many dutch pubs it is the only non-lager served (since it often comes with the lager-deal they have with a big brewery).

Find a pub that serves a variety of small brewery beers (google 'biercafé' or 'speciaalbieren café'). You might want to try a dutch one, they're catching up with the belgian 'microbrewers' qualitywise.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-20 16:12 by Limbostone.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 20, 2015 19:48

Local micro brewer : butchers tears
You can find them behind the Olympic stadium at a street called the karperweg.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home