Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Setlist Toronto
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 11, 2005 09:52

ROUGH JUSTICE
LIVE WITH ME
19TH NERVOUS BREAKDOWN 2005 (REWRITE)
SHE'S SO COLD [ :-) yes! yes!!! /BB ]
DEAD FLOWERS
AIN'T TOO PROUDE TO BEG
BACK OF MY HAND
INFIMEY (KEITH)
OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN
GET UP STAND UP (MARLEY/TOSH) [ :-) yes! yes!!! /BB ]
MR PITIFUL (REDDING) [ :-) yes! yes!!! /BB ]
TUMBLING DICE
BROWN SUGAR

JUMPING JACK FLASH

INCREDIBLE SHOW!

AUGUST 10, 2005 SFJ

PHOENIX CONCER THEATRE, TORONTO, ONT

(From Sticky Fingers Journal)

Re: Setlist Toronto
Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: August 11, 2005 09:54

Hi Baboon Bro,
how did the new songs sound on stage ?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 11, 2005 09:54

Well, sorry, I saw now there was already a similar threead; but
I got so overwhelmed by seeing She´s So Cold & Get Up Stand Up in the list...
Anymore strong reactions?

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: August 11, 2005 10:09

Why REWRITE on 19.nb? what was the difference?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 11, 2005 10:15

19th Nervous Breakdown was totally different. First part you could hardly understand what it was. Well I had heard it a few times at the rehearsals, so it was not that big surprise, bjut it was so clean, slow and different. You will love it. Kind of reggea. Kind of ballad. Just shows how many dimensions there are to every Stones song.

Bjornulf

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 11, 2005 10:16

Loved to have heard 'get up stand up' hope they play that on the tour.

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: August 11, 2005 10:20

thanks bjornulf. What about the guitar sounds? clean and week or powerful-distorted like on the PC in New York?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 11, 2005 10:31

IMO one cover is more than enough. There are so many Stones songs they could play instead.

Date: August 11, 2005 10:37

I agree with you harm, one is enough.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 11, 2005 10:45

The guitars were perfect. Just perfect. Mick played guitar on several songs. Was too tranced to notice really, but the slide on "Back Of My Hand" was not missed by a single person in the house, not even those who sold beer.

And about cover songs. Don't misunderstand. This was a rehearsals show. Not a normal show. They play the songs to see how they work live. Don't exptect all these songs to appear at the very same set list or show. They tried out a lot, and it happened to work perfectly as a set list in it's own. Few weak points, if you don't cound a minor glitch on Tumbling Dice. But that one I am sure they can sort out, and no worries anyway. I don't think there will be more than one cover song at any show. And there will not be one Keith songs. There will be two. Probably. And may be not 4 songs from ABB. But hopefully. They all souded great. I would hate to miss a single one. And I want Out Of Control. And I want Saint Of Me. And Memory Motel. And Paint It Black. So something have to go. That is for sure.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: August 11, 2005 10:48

well I envy you BV !
what a great night you had !

Date: August 11, 2005 10:59

Thanks BV

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 11, 2005 11:15

Good set, (except last three!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-11 11:27 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 11, 2005 13:00

Great set, thnx BV and Baboon Br for the revieuw, but i have a strange feeling about the guitar playing of Mick. Don`t get me wrong here, he plays fine, but it`s look to me that he`s taken Keith plays over.
Does it had something to do with Keith hands? I don`t know, and I hope i`m getting it NOT right!!

Posted by: Wilco Schepen ()
Date: August 11, 2005 13:27

Although I'm not disappointed with the setlist (I agree with Bjornulf, this was a rehearsal) I still wonder why they only played 4 songs from the new album. After all ABB has 16 songs!

And no real surprises from the back catalog, unless you count the reggae version (?) of 19th NB as a surprise.

Just curious, was there no problem with the intro of Brown Sugar? Last 3 shows I saw Keith messed up terrible.

Wilco

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 11, 2005 13:28

Wilco Schepen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And no real surprises from the back catalog

I'd say She's So Cold is a very nice surprise!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 11, 2005 13:32

looks like a great club setlist to me. i'm envious beyond belief

however i can't see why they've dusted of 'aint to proud to beg' again

its crap

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 11, 2005 13:34

She's So Cold is indeed a nice surprise. For the rest I don't really like it allot I've got to say. By the way what's 19TH NERVOUS BREAKDOWN 2005 (REWRITE)? Anybody?

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: August 11, 2005 14:06

Look a little higher to bv's explanation, Reptile winking smiley

Wild_horse_pete: I think taking over slide (BOMH) is more like taking over Ronnie's job than Keith's,
but don't worry: the review says Ronnie took over later during the song. I think Ronnie is not too confident in starting a song up by himself.

What I wonder about now though is who's playing the slide on the album version? Still think THAT is Ronnie.

Posted by: wawijr ()
Date: August 11, 2005 14:42

i liked the setlist
It seems this will be reggae Stones this year.
Like Licks was a little soul
I'm sure Keith loves it, it sounds pretty exciting
even though i'm not a big reggae fan

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 11, 2005 15:10

sounds freakin beautiful to me,
and thank you for the review, Bjornulf

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 11, 2005 15:54

Like the setlist also. As bv says, it's likely we won't see all these songs regularly in the tour lists, but some pretty cool choices for this gig.

Glad to see 19thNB. I thought this song was a real highlight of the Babylon tour, and also have thought it would be a great song for the Stones to re-record. The original has a tinny, compressed sound with little instrument clarity.

ATPTB is an intersting choice also. Has the potential to be a good live track. Was underrated when first released due to its following about a dozen single releases during the Stones prime period.

Dig the covers, good choices!

Karl

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 11, 2005 16:44

Keith, we want Bush Doctor!!!!!!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 11, 2005 17:51

I woould imagine MJ played slide because he wrote or recorded rhe slide part -ust as on SG (album) or F.File he wasn't 'taking over' from KR, MT, or RW

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 11, 2005 18:09

Nervous Breakdown was actually pretty weak on the handful of versions I saw/heard from b2b - and from the reports from last nite -sounds like it hasn't improved much. not sure what ails it - it certainly lost its "swing" in '97...don't think Darryl really gets this one.

Posted by: Wilco Schepen ()
Date: August 15, 2005 13:42

But She's So Cold was played in 1982 on each and every show. Although I liked it then, and I don't have problems if it shows up every now and then, to me it's not a highlight from the back catalog.

How many warhorses do they have to play each night? Let's say 10. How many ABB songs? At least 6 each night (mixing them up). So that means 5 songs from the back catalog. 21 songs all together, sounds good ;-)

Wilco

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1381
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home