Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones clippings advice please
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 14, 2015 16:11

From 1982 up until about ten years ago, i have clippings from every single UK tabloid news paper article on the Rolling Stones, and its band members, including magazines. I was going to do a book some day but don't have the time or the motivation. I am just about to move out of our house in 2 weeks time and my wife wants me to throw it all away as we are taking a gap year and touring Europe.
I realised my obsession was pointless once the internet got going, so stopped collecting and buying newspapers. Any advise please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-14 16:11 by keefriffhards.

Re: Stones clippings advice please
Date: October 14, 2015 16:16

Sorry forgot to say i could learn how to put the articles on a page on iorr, like we have with Stones with famous people, but thinking about it there is a lot of poor information and facts from tabloid articles, so maybe my wife is right. I should throw them away, i got 4 tea chests full of just clippings.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 14, 2015 18:42

Maybe send them to Rockman - he'd sift through with a discerning eye as to what's crap and what's not.
If you haven't already, take a peak at his 'Some Kinda Stones Connections' thread.thumbs up

Some Kinda Stones Connections

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 14, 2015 18:52

A happy wife is a happy life, do whatever she says. smoking smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 14, 2015 19:09

This is what I did, when I was younger.
I had them on my walls for years, now they are
stored.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2015 21:14

Whooops easy easy keefriffhards... I don't control nuffin' ....
I'd say Hairball misread your first post ....

My advise don't through them out ...

ROCKMAN

Date: October 14, 2015 21:21

hhhaaaa .. after midnight...I'm pretty creepy too

But I've got a shed full of books clippings etc and I don't know
what ta do with it all either ... Thought about throwing it all
out recently when I was going to run away from home ... But that ain't
happening anymore so I guess I'm still stuck with it ..... HHHaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: October 14, 2015 22:12

keefriffhards
Rockman
Whooops easy easy keefriffhards... I don't control nuffin' ....
I'd say Hairball misread your first post ....

My advise don't through them out ...

As if i was talking about you
Im talking about all the creeps on here

Easy there riffhards, pretty sure Hairball was not being intentionally rude or flippant. There is nothing going on here but the usual banter and a bit of new Stones info, nothing to get rattled about.

Another suggestion might be to pay some kid to scan all your articles and store them on disc for you. That way you could share there on here where we could all enjoy them. Rockmans Connections thread is obviously a good location for them. Just make sure he adds an outrageous tease of a headline from another article at the bottom of each scan an they will be right at home. LOL

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 14, 2015 22:17

keefriffhards
Hairball
Maybe send them to Rockman - he'd sift through with a discerning eye as to what's crap and what's not.
If you haven't already, take a peak at his 'Some Kinda Stones Connections' thread.thumbs up

How flippant of you
What like i haven't looked at some kind of stones connections, do you think i'm a jerk
Rockman is a legend, i looked into iorr for 10 years before i posted on here
You didn't pay attention to what i said
I said my news paper Clippings and magazines are from 1982 to 2005
They tell an amazing exiting juicy story beyond any autobiography . Autobiographies just go over and over the 60's and 70's and leave a chapter to the rest ) Through these clippings a remarkable turnaround happens with the press, within the story's and articles with pictures you get to see over time how they went from (In the media in the 80's ) wrinkly old rockers or dinosaurs to living legends, the elite, everyone's favourite band that can't put a foot wrong. You just inspired me to write the book, no one in the world has a collection like this, these are the lost years, but between 82' and 88' especially they were in the press all the time.
You will not find much of it on here, and you won't find it on your little lap top or whatever you use to gain information, they don't go back far enough consistently, it would take for ever to sieve through all the papers for 23 years.
Don't underestimate me. I see what's going on here
This place is just completely controlled by 20 posters, its a closed shop and the sooner BV notices the better

Ooops apologies keefriffhards - as Rockman said I must have misread your post.
And as Naturalust pointed out, I was not being intentionally rude or flippant.
I was just trying to be helpful.

When you wrote:

"my wife wants me to throw it all away"

&

"so maybe my wife is right. I should throw them away"

I was just thinking of an alternative to throwing them all away.

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-14 22:19 by Hairball.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: October 14, 2015 22:20

Hairball
keefriffhards
Hairball

How flippant of you
What like i haven't looked at some kind of stones connections, do you think i'm a jerk
Rockman is a legend, i looked into iorr for 10 years before i posted on here
You didn't pay attention to what i said
I said my news paper Clippings and magazines are from 1982 to 2005
They tell an amazing exiting juicy story beyond any autobiography . Autobiographies just go over and over the 60's and 70's and leave a chapter to the rest ) Through these clippings a remarkable turnaround happens with the press, within the story's and articles with pictures you get to see over time how they went from (In the media in the 80's ) wrinkly old rockers or dinosaurs to living legends, the elite, everyone's favourite band that can't put a foot wrong. You just inspired me to write the book, no one in the world has a collection like this, these are the lost years, but between 82' and 88' especially they were in the press all the time.
You will not find much of it on here, and you won't find it on your little lap top or whatever you use to gain information, they don't go back far enough consistently, it would take for ever to sieve through all the papers for 23 years.
Don't underestimate me. I see what's going on here
This place is just completely controlled by 20 posters, its a closed shop and the sooner BV notices the better

Ooops apologies keefriffhards -
I was just thinking of an alternative to throwing them all away.

Good luck!

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

handled nicely, hairball

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-14 22:31 by CloudCat.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 14, 2015 22:34

You could give them to Olaf in Germany who has written books on Stones tours with fotos of a lot of newspapers articles. He has quite a large collection of Stones articles from newspapers as well as magazine issues with Stones stories.

plexi

Date: October 14, 2015 23:34

Just make sure he adds an outrageous tease of a headline from another article at the bottom

Sssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kammpberg ()
Date: October 15, 2015 02:23

If it makes you feel better, I have literally thousands of clippings, newspaper articles, magazine articles that I've been buying and collecting since 1973 to the present day. I have them in scrapbooks each page with the plastic overleaf so they barely yellow. I have a closet full of these scrapbooks and I've no idea why I still do it and what I'm ever gonna do with them.....

Date: October 15, 2015 02:26

kammpberg
If it makes you feel better, I have literally thousands of clippings, newspaper articles, magazine articles that I've been buying and collecting since 1973 to the present day. I have them in scrapbooks each page with the plastic overleaf so they barely yellow. I have a closet full of these scrapbooks and I've no idea why I still do it and what I'm ever gonna do with them.....

Your cool as long as you don't have pages reserved for confetti. grinning smiley

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: October 15, 2015 05:12

Don't throw them out! Maybe the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame library would be interested - or another Stones archive

http://rockhall.com/blog/library-and-archives/page%3A3/

Collections like these are how we get exhibitions, like Exhibitionism.

Even tabloid junk, it's a record of society etc.

I just checked some archives, there are bunch all over world that have bits and pieces of Stones history. NY public has a Stones collection.

There's copyright issues, so you can't reproduce online without permission.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-15 05:13 by Librarian.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 15, 2015 05:21

Rockman
Just make sure he adds an outrageous tease of a headline from another article at the bottom...

Don't make me come down there...!

Date: October 15, 2015 05:29

No Annie you do enough up that up there ...HHGAAAAGGGAAA

ROCKMAN

Date: October 15, 2015 05:51

While I'm dreaming, darlin'!

Date: October 15, 2015 05:54

any luck when ya pirouetting ? .....HHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: October 15, 2015 06:00

Every time.

Date: October 15, 2015 06:03

Any footage you can share ???

ROCKMAN

Date: October 15, 2015 06:04

Date: October 15, 2015 06:11

That's sad ain't it .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 15, 2015 07:52

keefriffhards
From 1982 up until about ten years ago, i have clippings from every single UK tabloid news paper article on the Rolling Stones, and its band members, including magazines. I was going to do a book some day but don't have the time or the motivation. I am just about to move out of our house in 2 weeks time and my wife wants me to throw it all away as we are taking a gap year and touring Europe.
I realised my obsession was pointless once the internet got going, so stopped collecting and buying newspapers. Any advise please.

I don't want to speak for Matt Lee but I think he might be pleased Aquire your
collection. He has an amazing display. Don't through it out - you spent so much time compiling it all.

Date: October 15, 2015 10:37

Thanks guys, your right i spent too much time obsessively collecting them to throw them out. I have kept them in the house all these years and they are all protected in cellophane to stop them going yellow. I don't want to tread on anyone's toe's on here of course. My son said he will scan them and put them onto disks when he has time, then i can give the clippings to anyone who wants them, or dump them. I do feel that some sort of scrapbook book should be made of them one day. As i say the fascinating thing through these years is how Keith went from only very well known to his fans to very well known in the media, he somehow crafted this legend into something way beyond expectations, he has become the most respected of musicians, and seen as this lovable, character these days. He has really grown as a human being. Sorry i'm rambling again lol
Thanks for your idea's everyone. Cheers

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 15, 2015 11:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-15 11:10 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 15, 2015 12:55

DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY!!

If you're in the UK, offer them to Bill Wyman. I'm certain he'd be interested.

His email address is on his web site (at the bottom of the page).

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 15, 2015 13:16

CaptainCorella
DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY!!

If you're in the UK, offer them to Bill Wyman. I'm certain he'd be interested.

His email address is on his web site (at the bottom of the page).

Ok thanks, i would love for people to see them. Copyright is a problem i had not thought of. Cheers and gone

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 15, 2015 15:18

Give it to the Exhibitionism organizers!

Date: October 15, 2015 19:46

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home