Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: From The Vault - Paris 1976
Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: October 15, 2015 15:04

Many years ago on one of the Stones boards I connected with a guy who worked for the BBC and he told me that they had recorded OVER the rest of the Knebworth show, only the one hour we've had for years still exists. I've heard that Amsterdam '95 will be next after Leeds '82...also San Jose '99 is in the pipeline...2016 could be a great year on several fronts!smiling smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 15, 2015 15:51

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
Hope that it will be released once. In any case the better choice than another boring Vegas act from 89 onwards. Particularly the live version of Hey Negrita is worth to be released. Actually it is a must be ...

Like Paradisio 1995, San Jose 1999 or Light The Fuse? winking smiley

The exception proves the rule ... and not even Light the Fuse is an exception, but a rather lame act.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: October 15, 2015 17:06

DandelionPowderman
pepganzo
Please change the title of the topic

+1

+2

Date: October 15, 2015 17:11

RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
Hope that it will be released once. In any case the better choice than another boring Vegas act from 89 onwards. Particularly the live version of Hey Negrita is worth to be released. Actually it is a must be ...

Like Paradisio 1995, San Jose 1999 or Light The Fuse? winking smiley

The exception proves the rule ... and not even Light the Fuse is an exception, but a rather lame act.

Those are several exceptions, and Light The Fuse is not lame at all – and certainly not a «Vegas Show»:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 15, 2015 17:34

LieB
pepganzo
Please change the title of the topic

Agreed. I almost had a heart attack.

Yes. Please. This is a scenario where a BV intervention would be welcome.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 15, 2015 19:13

'Heart attack'? I don't think that appropriate. Are we adults or 15-year-old fan-boys? Yes, it is misleading, but we're only talking rock 'n roll, here; nothing lifechangingly serious.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 15, 2015 19:20

Maindefender
Anything '75 thru '77 would be better than Tokyo '90. More decadent Keith smiling bouncing smiley
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 15, 2015 19:27

Big Al
'Heart attack'? I don't think that appropriate. Are we adults or 15-year-old fan-boys? Yes, it is misleading, but we're only talking rock 'n roll, here; nothing lifechangingly serious.

Yeah, I know, it was just a joking rock 'n' roll way to complain about the thread title. smoking smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 15, 2015 19:49

the one thing i most regret saying on a stones fansite is when posting on stonesdougs site during the licks tour.i was ripping the backup singers for acting as if they were shooting dice during tumbling dice-

lisa and bernard shaking imaginary dice and then throwing them in unison,it just made me puke,it was so cheesy and lame so i said "they look like a fckin vegas act,i'm gonna start calling them the "vegas stones".then to my horror i started seeing it repeated on dougs site,then it spread to rocks off and here.

i was an idiot for saying that and anyone who is a fan of the rolling stones is an idiot for repeating it.

there is nothing "vegas act" about the rolling stones live-they are the best live band to ever step foot on a stage.

there are good and bad shows from every era,the two shows i saw on no security were better than any of the three i saw on the some girls tour, for instance.

any time i see that "vegas act" bullshit in print,first i cringe then i regret saying it and third-i know instantly the person repeating it has no idea what they're talking about.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 15, 2015 20:33

Big Al
...but we're only talking rock 'n roll, here; nothing lifechangingly serious.

Are you really sure? 'cause the vigourous way the "board police" sometimes appears here suggests otherwise...

Date: October 15, 2015 20:54

alimente
Big Al

Are you really sure? 'cause the vigourous way the "board police" sometimes appears here suggests otherwise...

Do we want headers here saying that a show is coming out, when it isn't?

That happened twice yesterday. I believed that the Fonda show came out before Xmas. Is that really ok?

Date: October 15, 2015 20:57

Mr.D
Many years ago on one of the Stones boards I connected with a guy who worked for the BBC and he told me that they had recorded OVER the rest of the Knebworth show, only the one hour we've had for years still exists. I've heard that Amsterdam '95 will be next after Leeds '82...also San Jose '99 is in the pipeline...2016 could be a great year on several fronts!smiling smiley

It's certainly possible that the BBC erased a good portion of the show, but the question at stake is if it was their master or a copy and if the Stones have the master or at least a good copy!

Just remember the Leeds 1971 discussions. Some asked if the incomplete mono tape was everything the BBC had and even claimed that the first two tracks were "unusable" or even "destroyed/erased". I have always said that the Stones recorded the show on multitrack and gave the BBC the (incomplete) mono tape for broadcasting purposes. Indeed that was all the BBC had, but the band still had the multitrack masters of the complete show!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 15, 2015 21:00

I would love "From the Vault - Sydney 1973".

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 15, 2015 21:26

lem motlow

lisa and bernard shaking imaginary dice and then throwing them in unison,it just made me puke,it was so cheesy and lame so i said "they look like a fckin vegas act,i'm gonna start calling them the "vegas stones".then to my horror i started seeing it repeated on dougs site,then it spread to rocks off and here.

i was an idiot for saying that and anyone who is a fan of the rolling stones is an idiot for repeating it.

there is nothing "vegas act" about the rolling stones live-they are the best live band to ever step foot on a stage.

there are good and bad shows from every era,the two shows i saw on no security were better than any of the three i saw on the some girls tour, for instance.

any time i see that "vegas act" bullshit in print,first i cringe then i regret saying it and third-i know instantly the person repeating it has no idea what they're talking about.

People have been criticizing the Stones Steel Wheels and beyond tours for being a "Vegas act" for a very long time, do not feel responsible. There is some merit to the criticism-- but not much point to it. Everybody has the right to critique or praise as they wish. I understand when I hear someone refer to a "Vegas era Stones show." I have seen the Stones 10 times (not nearly as much as many of you) since 1989 and I have loved every show I have seen. But... I can't say these shows match the energy and rawness of the tours that preceded SW. Personally, I'm not interested in a Vault series show after 1981. We have plenty of that stuff in official releases. I want more of the stuff from the 1970's and 1960's.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: October 15, 2015 21:40

The From The Vault series is video with occasional CD's added to jack up the price. I understand the "Vegas Stones" tag they carried from 1989-2007, that was when they had a bigger horn section and played several songs with horns that didn't have horns on the recorded version...some of them were cringe worthy!

Date: October 16, 2015 09:43

DandelionPowderman
alimente
Big Al

That happened twice yesterday. I believed that the Fonda show came out before Xmas. Is that really ok?

It's not ok, but no serious crime either. All it takes is reading the first couple of lines of a first post in any given thread and you know what you're dealing with. In fact there are many threads here where the titles don't exactly reveal the content. There are even many repetetive threads here, or threads ranging between comedy, naivity and sheer dullness, usually a similar waste of time. But so what?

Date: October 16, 2015 10:16

alimente
DandelionPowderman
alimente
Big Al

It's not ok, but no serious crime either. All it takes is reading the first couple of lines of a first post in any given thread and you know what you're dealing with. In fact there are many threads here where the titles don't exactly reveal the content. There are even many repetetive threads here, or threads ranging between comedy, naivity and sheer dullness, usually a similar waste of time. But so what?

Good that you agree. No, it's not a serious crime. Darn unnecessary just the same. I was really looking forward to clicking the link for the Fonda DVD, and then... confused smiley

There are other ways of promoting yourself on this board than by misleading your fellow posters. Just saying smiling smiley

Date: October 16, 2015 17:34

I was being a little tongue-in-cheek with my remark. I can be as passionate as the next person; usually after a few beers! smileys with beer

Date: October 16, 2015 17:50

That's only how it should be, Al smileys with beer

Date: October 16, 2015 17:53

DandelionPowderman
That's only how it should be, Al smileys with beer

I'm currently on a posting spurt. Any coincedence that I'm enjoying a few Guinness'? smileys with beer

Date: October 16, 2015 18:33

Got a terrible cold, but what the heck smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1681
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home