Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Received Keith autograph yesterday
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 10, 2015 15:37

GJV
Well... years ago I got his signed book from his website and that is an auto-pen one for sure!

I'm sorry, GJV.
If there are hundreds of copies to sign I reckon even handmade types need some form of help getting the job done.
I think in this case there weren't so many signed CDs and LPs, though - did they even specify how many would be signed?

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: October 10, 2015 20:01

=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-10 20:01 by Librarian.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 10, 2015 20:27

i got keith autograph on my main offender tongue sticking out smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 10, 2015 20:28

hi with sssoul btw smiling smiley)

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 10, 2015 20:44

Heya MononoM :E

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: October 10, 2015 21:15

with sssoul
GJV
Well... years ago I got his signed book from his website and that is an auto-pen one for sure!

I'm sorry, GJV.
If there are hundreds of copies to sign I reckon even handmade types need some form of help getting the job done.
I think in this case there weren't so many signed CDs and LPs, though - did they even specify how many would be signed?

Can't remember if it was said how many books. I only knew it was auto-pen, when I read years later about it in a topic on this forum and checked my copy after reading this.

Date: October 10, 2015 21:57

...I've been avoiding this thread for three days because I thought it said 'Received Keith autobiography yesterday'...

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 10, 2015 22:03

Voodookitten76
lem motlow
sorry but, auto-pen. everybody does it and it kinda sucks for the fans who think they got something they didn't.

I read a couple articles on how to spot auto-pen autographs and looked at my signed sleeve with a magnifying glass to see if I could tell. I'm like 90% sure that this isn't auto-pen. There are a couple of places where he started and stopped again (the vertical line of the K, the loop of the R) and several places where the ink isn't applied evenly, especially in the loops on the S, where he wasn't pressing as hard. Auto-pen signatures shouldn't have abrupt starts and stops or uneven application of ink. I think Keith really did sit down in Jane's office with a pen and a bunch of sleeves and CDs and got fed nuclear wastes til the job was done. Because Keith loves his fans and is the best!

I fully agree that these are hand signed with a silver Sharpie. Auto-pen seems to only be used on regular paper for books and letters. The website said there would be 50 signed copies given out randomly. When his book came out there were also 50 copies on his site but the difference being that at that time, he also had that public event in New York where everyone who attended got a "signed" book. I believe there were 600-1000 people there, so I believe they did auto-pen for all US copies due to the large amount and designated 50 of those to his website with the remainder going to the NYC event.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1990
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home