Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ron Wood
Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: August 11, 2005 18:46

I think Ronnie does have the best solo work out of anyone in the Stones. His guitar playing is not what it used to be but I don't think its always bad. I mean there are some nights were he is low in the mix and on some boots the mix is bad in general so its hard to hear it well. But some nights he is very good. His solo on CYHMK at MSG I thought was great and a friend of mine who plays guitar was impressed as well.

Also, besides when Taylor was in the band I never thought of calling someone the lead or rhythm guitarist in the Stones. Maybe if you want to break it down song by song according to who plays the solo you can but why bother. Certain tours like 75/75 it seemed like Keith played more lead than Ronnie. But that also depends on what songs they play.

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: August 11, 2005 18:55

Ronnies got cool hair

Posted by: BostonStrangler ()
Date: August 11, 2005 20:07

he plays in the STONES we dont....

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 11, 2005 20:29

ron's work on the 75/76 tour, from which i have a dvd is great. 81/82 was also great. and remember THAT was the time he was loaded with all kinds of stuff you're not supposed to have if you know what i mean. i'm not saying it's that but he says he's clean now. the stones say it's improved his playing, i can't agree on that.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 11, 2005 20:34

reptile - i think his playing has improved from, say '94, when he was tanked and pretty much unable to play. i'd like to think that's what the Stones are referring to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-11 20:48 by T&A.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 11, 2005 20:40

he is still a pretty good slide player by the way

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: August 11, 2005 20:43

Not For Beginners was a pretty good record if you ask me... some very nice songs on it!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1250
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home