Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help with my trip to Boston
Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: August 10, 2005 15:06

Ok, by a last minut change... Im not been able of go to NY how I was planned and Im going to Boston... (if I find tickets... althought I hope dont have problems with this)..... so, somebody can help me about all the stuff how :

- public transport (from airport to center of town, from town to stadium... if there´s tube or buses later of the shows),

- WHERE got a hotel (mean, in what place of Boston I could got it been easier go and back from stadium)... maybe some other fans who are travelling to Boston can tell me where they are...

And well, this is all by now.... All the help you can give me will be thanked....

regards from Spain

miguel

Re: Help with my trip to Boston
Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: August 10, 2005 16:12

Boston has an excellent tube system. It's called the "T", and it will take you anywhere in the city that you want to go.

From the airport, take the Silver Line to South Station. At South Station, switch trains and take the Red Line to Park Street. At Park Street, switch trains again and take the Green Line to Kenmore Square. Exit the Kenmore Square station, walk two blocks, and you'll be looking at Fenway Park.

As for hotels, there are hundreds to choose from, so you'll have to do your own research. Kenmore Square and Back Bay are the areas closest to Fenway, so you couldn't go wrong choosing a hotel in either of those locations. But because the actual city of Boston is very small, and because the T goes everywhere in it, you could stay anywhere else in the city and still get to Kenmore Square rather easily.

Hope this helps.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 10, 2005 18:39

You got mail!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: SpanishTony ()
Date: August 10, 2005 18:57

Any questions about Boston, let me know. I have lived in Boston all my life, am a huge Stones fan, and will be attending both shows. Plenty of tickets are posted on www.craigslist.com.

Mike

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: August 11, 2005 00:53

This help Bluespeyer... A LOT!!! Many thanks mate... I´ve got a small tube map on-line, and doing your "planing"... this seem easy.... So, I think I should got any hotel all around the green line.... right??

Do you know till what hour is working the tube??

be HAPPY

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: August 11, 2005 04:57

You're welcome, kaskatanas. It's been a while since I lived in Boston, so I don't really remember how late the trains run. (I think until 1 or 2 a.m.) But it won't really matter. They'll definitely extend the train hours on the night of the shows if they have to. It's next to impossible to park in Kenmore Square, so EVERYONE will be taking the train.

As for hotels, just pick yourself a nice one in the heart of the city somewhere. It doesn't have to be on the Green Line. Again, Boston is small enough that it's a short train ride to everywhere.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home