Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: iHeartRadio ICONS Q & A Webcast with Keith Richards, September 15
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 16, 2015 16:32

Turner68
KRiffhard
...and a new producer.

very important, i agree!

Hi Turner,
it's time to replace Don Was with another producer. Rick Rubin would be the right choice but, anyway, the most important thing is...no more Don Was.

Posted by: HIPSHAKE ()
Date: September 16, 2015 19:53

Hey Everyone, I've been a long time follower of IORR and really enjoy all the posts, discussions, and knowledge shared but have never actually posted before. I luckily was able to attend the ICON Q&A last night and what an experience! I had found out about the event through a link someone here had posted (Thanks!) and entered the sweeps to win tickets but was not one of the lucky chosen winners but I was able to get in through a friend of a friend. The event was very small, I would say about 100 or less seats first come first serve except for the first two rows which were reserved. The event was very casual and they encouraged the audience to laugh, cheer or shout out when they felt like it to represent all the listeners who couldn’t be there in person. The Q&A started and out came Keith and I was by far the closest I will ever be able to afford to get to him on a stage. It was a very relaxed conversation with unfortunately the same questions and answers that tend to be asked. My favorite part of the event was when they played the songs, the stage lights would be turned down and Keith would just quietly smoke his cigarette and groove to the music in his chair, especially Happy where he laid down some air guitaresque moves which the crowd loved! He also summoned for what I assume was his nuclear waste drink during one of the breaks and air cheers’d the audience. Everyone in the crowd and the producer of the show were all very excited about the announcement of the new Stones album which they met in London to discuss last week. Keith was the epitome of cool and appeared to try and make everyone including Jim Kerr and the producer at ease, joking and chatting during breaks and offering Jim a cigarette (which he declined). After the show ended the crowd gave a standing ovation and he hung on stage for a minute, I ran right up to the front to the stage and was able to shake his hand! He said thanks and met a few more people signed one or two things and was moved along off the stage. He was very warm and friendly and didn’t seem to mind hanging to say hello and meet the fans but security moved everyone and him away. All in all a very exciting spur of the moment night and one I won’t soon forget. I just wish there were some new and more interesting questions asked (they were shocked he used an acoustic guitar on street fighting man?) but beggars can’t be choosy. Really loving all the excitement and love going on for Keith right now and can’t wait to hear the full album and check out the documentary on Friday. Hope that wasn’t too long and thanks for letting me be apart of this. Looking forward to hopefully posting more in the future!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 16, 2015 20:14

Thank you for that charming account of the event, Hipshake! Very cool for you

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 16, 2015 22:24

"Presented by P C Richard and Son"...............love it!

Having also heard a few of the UK media interviews it does sound as though Keith's Management has given the shows a list of questions. Otherwise very coincidental that Keith is coming out with the same anecdotes,eg the Muddy Waters painting tale.

The scheduling and logistics issue re the apparant non tour is very lame: The album has been first set for a September release about 9 months ago...so plenty of time for people to plan. Musicians of their calibre don't need months and months of rehearsal time to get their act together. It looks like Keith will be on vacation now till January 2016...perhaps time to work on some new compositions?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 16, 2015 22:41

Excellent post HIPSHAKE, thanks. Nice to hear from someone who was there. Very cool that you were able to shake Keith's hand. Couldn't agree more with you about the disappointing question's that were being asked, even Keith appeared to be a bit tired on having to tell a couple of those stories for the umpteenth time. Like you I was a bit peeved that Kerr could make such a deal of Keith using the acoustic guitar on Street Fighting Man, has he been hiding under a rock?

Like your idea jlowe that Keith might use the next few months to work on some new tunes for a Stones record! That is even better that him performing a couple solo shows, imo.

Re: iHeartRadio ICONS Q & A with Keith Richards, September 15
Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: September 16, 2015 22:49

Turner68
tentative title: "steel wheelchairs"

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: September 17, 2015 02:48

I was at the event at the iheartradio theatre. For those there I had the Keith shirt with the leopard collar. It was a most enjoyable evening. I met some wonderful people. Really big Stones fans. Keith was his usual self and Jim Kerr did a great job with the interview. I was hoping to get a picture with Keith put it didn't happen. I showed Keith my shirt and he asked me how much do I want for it? I said Keith with all the pleasure your music has given me you could have the shirt of my back. He gave me a thumbs up which was cool. His handlers or the folks with him kept him moving along. He didn't stand still for too long once the event had concluded. Everyone was very cordial and it was a pleasure to be two feet from my idol. Rock on Keith!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 17, 2015 03:29

IrisC
I was at the event at the iheartradio theatre. For those there I had the Keith shirt with the leopard collar. It was a most enjoyable evening. I met some wonderful people. Really big Stones fans. Keith was his usual self and Jim Kerr did a great job with the interview. I was hoping to get a picture with Keith put it didn't happen. I showed Keith my shirt and he asked me how much do I want for it? I said Keith with all the pleasure your music has given me you could have the shirt of my back. He gave me a thumbs up which was cool. His handlers or the folks with him kept him moving along. He didn't stand still for too long once the event had concluded. Everyone was very cordial and it was a pleasure to be two feet from my idol. Rock on Keith!

Sounds like you totally missed your chance to actually whip the shirt off and hand it to him. That would have been in the true spirit of Rock and Roll and something Keith and probably a few others there would have remembered forever. No doubt you thought about it, no? tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: September 17, 2015 04:18

I was nervous I guess. Plus I had my wife beater on underneath.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 17, 2015 04:29

Thank you to everyone sharing your firsthand accounts!

So happy you got to go. Sounds awesome!

I would totally no expect any "deep" questions on a night like that. Why would Keith share anything new under those circumstances? He wrote his book, he has his story....perhaps some other opportunities will come along, other than a public "Icon" celebration/forum, that might inspire him to be willing to plumb a couple of additional little depths, but for the most part, I think, his stories are his stories, and the point of such an event is to trot him out before the adoring public (such a small crowd---must have been amazing!!!) and record or video it as a promotional piece for his brand and his products.

I would have loved to have been there. Again, thanks for sharing what it was like, and congrats for being present!

- swiss

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 17, 2015 05:29

Thanks for the stories, Hipshake and IrisC.

A couple of photos from The Owyoungs for iHeartRadio.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 17, 2015 11:58

Is it possible, to post the interview on WeTransfer, please.
Thanks
Jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 17, 2015 15:59

Please put it on We Transfer, someone, please. Thanks

Jeroen

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 17, 2015 19:41

bye bye johnny
Thanks for the stories, Hipshake and IrisC.

A couple of photos from The Owyoungs for iHeartRadio.

Great photos, thanks once again bye bye smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home