Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith & Justin Bieber
Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: September 13, 2015 01:02

[metro.co.uk]

I couldn't agree more with his views on Bieber.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-13 01:04 by keithglimmer.

Re: Keith & Justin Bieber
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 13, 2015 04:50

It's getting a bit stale.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 04:54

What happens is when the journalists realize he will say quotable things they will keep asking him about different bands... The interviewers are just hounding for "clicks" on their articles. It feeds on itself until everyone stops clicking or the star stops taking the bait.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 05:33

Reeeowww

Date: September 13, 2015 05:34

lol

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 13, 2015 06:00

Not that I disagree with Keith but he should stop with the harsh words for other artists. He's damn lucky to have been in the right place at the right time. I imagine if Keith, Brian, Mick, Charlie and Bill were born into this generation, they would be doing hip hop or pop or rap and subject to the same flavor of the month rules as everyone else....or maybe not. lol

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 06:10

Taking potshots at Justin Bieber is beneath the dignity of a Rolling Stone.

Bieber? Seriously? No one who is not already a Belieber (and their numbers are shrinking daily) even cares about Bieber anymore and so what profit is there in Keith slamming him?

Keith really IS starting to sound like Dean Martin bashing the long-haired bands from the British Invasion. It's stupid.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 13, 2015 06:58

He's right. Bieber sucks and Taylor Swift is the flavor of the month. Her music is very overrated pop music.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 13, 2015 07:36

57,595,000 hits and counting:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: September 13, 2015 07:43

All the articles repeat the same first few sentences of the Richards Bieber meeting in the bar on Turks and Caicos.

Few of the articles go on to state that Richards and Bieber continued to sit together drinking and talking for several hours.

Nor do many state how Bieber said afterward that his experience with Keith was enlightening or some such.

And what about the report 9 months later from some tourists on a rented deep sea fishing boat who were passing the Richards residence and were told by the captain that it was the Richards residence, and proceeded to take a picture of an unidentified person on the beach in front of the house playing guitar, and when that picture was blown up, it revealed that it was Bieber, and not Richards as they had all suspected.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 08:37

The Glimmer Triplets

Date: September 13, 2015 08:43

Title5Take1
The Glimmer Triplets

Hey! What gives? This is IORR All-Keith All-the-Time, dammit! Get that Bieber-lovin' Jagger outta here! And is that Jerry Garcia on the right? Yeah? Then take him, too!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 13, 2015 10:21

Flavor of the month:

Taylor Swift is selling shitloads of records for nearly 10 years now. In an era nobody buys records anymore.
And, no doubt, her next album will sell in the millions again.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 13, 2015 10:31

Justin who?

Date: September 13, 2015 16:48

Rip This

[www.youtube.com]

increase in less than 24 hours...there is no hope...it just is what it is.

Date: September 13, 2015 18:35

BowieStone
Flavor of the month:

Taylor Swift is selling shitloads of records for nearly 10 years now. In an era nobody buys records anymore.

Yup, ugly old bald rich record company fatcats have been putting kids out front as teen idols (e.g. Tommy Sands, Paul Peterson, Bobby Sherman, Donny Osmond, Shaun Cassidy, Andy Gibb, Rick Springfield and others (and these days manufacturing whole boy group to appeal to enitre demographic, every young girl's "imagination" ) to make the fat cats millions of Dollars forever.

...and after the kid du jour stops making the young girls "feel tingley" the kid du jour is cast aside and is not heard from again until they are washed up and broke, a punch line in a movie or found in a hotel room.

No one has more dispoable income than young girls spending their parents money. It has been part of the music business since I have been watching and to this day they are still doing it... and to call it crap is like saying the sky is blue or exclaiming water is wet.

Interviewer: So Keith, what do you think about water?
Keith: Water is wet.

The worst part of this crap is how teen idols dujour like the Jonas Brothers can roll into town and sell out the 20,000 seat arena and then the next week a true musical great like Neil Young only draws 3,000.

That has always bugged me, but it is what it is... and it will still be like that in 20 years when the next teen idol comes along as the next group of young girls reach the age where "they need a teen idol" and the record company fat cats happily provide one, or a whole group of them... and if Keith is asked about them he will probably say they are crap when he puts out his new album in 2025 and 2035.

sigh....
and as I proof read this obvious post, I roll my eyes... I almost deleted it because we all know the deal, Keith knows the deal, you know the deal, everyone knows the teen idol deal... so why write it again?

I dont know... I gotta do something until football starts today...

...and as long as people need to root for their team the fat cats will be there to provide the sports teams... bread and circus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-13 18:50 by everwest1.

Date: September 13, 2015 19:03

btw- Do you know the story of Tommy Sands? It is an interesting one.

Tommy made the mistake of falling for Nancy, and then dumped her and that made Nancy's Daddy Frank very very angry, and that was the end of Tommy Sands.

Poor Tommy, he was a good looking kid, he seemed to have actual talent. He could sing, he got into acting and was jet set and ready to be a super star... and then... DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 19:06

Mick bla bla justin and Lenny K.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 13, 2015 19:44

anyone see Martha Stewart roast JB?

skip to the 52 min mark...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 13, 2015 19:56

everwest1
BowieStone
Flavor of the month:

Yup, ugly old bald rich record company fatcats have been putting kids out front as teen idols (e.g. Tommy Sands, Paul Peterson, Bobby Sherman, Donny Osmond, Shaun Cassidy, Andy Gibb, Rick Springfield and others (and these days manufacturing whole boy group to appeal to enitre demographic, every young girl's "imagination" ) to make the fat cats millions of Dollars forever.

...and after the kid du jour stops making the young girls "feel tingley" the kid du jour is cast aside and is not heard from again until they are washed up and broke, a punch line in a movie or found in a hotel room.

No one has more dispoable income than young girls spending their parents money. It has been part of the music business since I have been watching and to this day they are still doing it... and to call it crap is like saying the sky is blue or exclaiming water is wet.

Interviewer: So Keith, what do you think about water?
Keith: Water is wet.

The worst part of this crap is how teen idols dujour like the Jonas Brothers can roll into town and sell out the 20,000 seat arena and then the next week a true musical great like Neil Young only draws 3,000.

That has always bugged me, but it is what it is... and it will still be like that in 20 years when the next teen idol comes along as the next group of young girls reach the age where "they need a teen idol" and the record company fat cats happily provide one, or a whole group of them... and if Keith is asked about them he will probably say they are crap when he puts out his new album in 2025 and 2035.

sigh....
and as I proof read this obvious post, I roll my eyes... I almost deleted it because we all know the deal, Keith knows the deal, you know the deal, everyone knows the teen idol deal... so why write it again?

I dont know... I gotta do something until football starts today...

...and as long as people need to root for their team the fat cats will be there to provide the sports teams... bread and circus

I'm not an expert on the charts and I'm not sure I would recognize a Taylor Swift song if I heard one ... but I do have friends who say that Ms. Swift is in for the long haul. She writes much of her own material--always a good sign, and a rarity amongst teen idols. We'll have to see what becomes of her a little further down the line.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 13, 2015 20:17

Natlanta
anyone see Martha Stewart roast JB?

skip to the 52 min mark...

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up That was entertaining. A different side of Martha for sure.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 13, 2015 20:25

Rip This

[www.youtube.com]

57,595,000 is nothing, this one by JB has

And sure, I agree with Keith, pure crap.

Date: September 13, 2015 20:30

rock (and pop even) music is inextricably aligned with rebellion. when people turn 12 or 13 the biology of their bodies goes crazy and amongst other things, makes them want to reject all that is old and embrace all that is new. it's basic biology and the biochemistry of adolescent brains.

the stones of course understand this better than anyone. those girls screaming for them and the beatles were screaming for their own independence from their parents and their schools as much as they were screaming for the music or the stars.

without the older generation rejecting the younger generation's music, it loses its power. this is i believe one of the reasons for rock music's decline - the generation that came of age in the 60s clung to rock and celebrated it and there just wasn't that much further you could take it as a music of rebellion after punk. if you grow up with your parents liking the stones, at some point 90% of you are going to look for the anti-stones. (check out the popularity of rap music amongst the children of stones fans).

keith dissing justin beiber and taylor swift helps them (by continuing to give them the mantle of being what is new and rebellious) and helps him (since his generation of fans agrees with him). it's a win-win for both.

no one will judge keith's music because of what he is saying about these guys, just as no one judges the music of elvis or sinatra for criticizing the 60s and 70s rock n rollers. when "beliebers" turn 25 or 30 and their hormones and desire to rebel stops raging a good number of them will become stones fans regardless of what keith has said about their idols. just as many of us appreciate elvis and sinatra.

in other words, it's just a game, and one that has been played as long as there has been music, and one that the fans feed off of.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-13 20:35 by Turner68.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 13, 2015 20:51

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 13, 2015 21:42

LongBeachArena72
Taking potshots at Justin Bieber is beneath the dignity of a Rolling Stone.

Bieber? Seriously? No one who is not already a Belieber (and their numbers are shrinking daily) even cares about Bieber anymore and so what profit is there in Keith slamming him?

Keith really IS starting to sound like Dean Martin bashing the long-haired bands from the British Invasion. It's stupid.

Actually, Keith has behaved and sounded like Dean Martin for years.
I remember reading an article which likened:
MICK to Frank Sinatra, Chairman of the Board;control freak;workaholic;businessman; womaniser and like Mick probably, never wrote his autobiography.
KEITH: to Dean Martin, aimiable;slurred delivery; semi alcoholic; underrated talent (think Jerry Lewis and Martin).

Of course, Sinatra stopped bashing the Beatles etc when he realised it would do his career no harm in covering some of their work...in fact he once said he thought George's Something was one of the best love songs of all time.

So expect a Richards/Swift duet around 2020.

Date: September 13, 2015 21:50

Good god do you that that's where mick got his inspiration for dueting with Katy perry et al?

Date: September 14, 2015 00:32

Turner68
rock (and pop even) music is inextricably aligned with rebellion. when people turn 12 or 13 the biology of their bodies goes crazy and amongst other things, makes them want to reject all that is old and embrace all that is new. it's basic biology and the biochemistry of adolescent brains.

the stones of course understand this better than anyone. those girls screaming for them and the beatles were screaming for their own independence from their parents and their schools as much as they were screaming for the music or the stars.

without the older generation rejecting the younger generation's music, it loses its power. this is i believe one of the reasons for rock music's decline - the generation that came of age in the 60s clung to rock and celebrated it and there just wasn't that much further you could take it as a music of rebellion after punk. if you grow up with your parents liking the stones, at some point 90% of you are going to look for the anti-stones. (check out the popularity of rap music amongst the children of stones fans).

keith dissing justin beiber and taylor swift helps them (by continuing to give them the mantle of being what is new and rebellious) and helps him (since his generation of fans agrees with him). it's a win-win for both.

no one will judge keith's music because of what he is saying about these guys, just as no one judges the music of elvis or sinatra for criticizing the 60s and 70s rock n rollers. when "beliebers" turn 25 or 30 and their hormones and desire to rebel stops raging a good number of them will become stones fans regardless of what keith has said about their idols. just as many of us appreciate elvis and sinatra.

in other words, it's just a game, and one that has been played as long as there has been music, and one that the fans feed off of.

There's a lot to unpack here, Turner. Thoughtful post, some of which I agree with, other parts I don't. But I'm not sure I follow your argument in the section I've bolded above. You seem to be saying that there NEEDS to be inter-generational dissing, in order for healthy rebellion to take place, but then you make the point that there HASN'T been the usual dissing between generations because the boomers can't really give up on rock and move on.

So, are you saying that Keith dissing the kids is normal but that it might seem odd to those of us who still cling to the rock paradigm?

Date: September 14, 2015 03:32

LongBeachArena72
Turner68

There's a lot to unpack here, Turner. Thoughtful post, some of which I agree with, other parts I don't. But I'm not sure I follow your argument in the section I've bolded above. You seem to be saying that there NEEDS to be inter-generational dissing, in order for healthy rebellion to take place, but then you make the point that there HASN'T been the usual dissing between generations because the boomers can't really give up on rock and move on.

So, are you saying that Keith dissing the kids is normal but that it might seem odd to those of us who still cling to the rock paradigm?

not what i'm saying at all. there has definitely been the usual dissing between generations. coming from long beach perhaps you are a fan of your home town boy, snoop dogg, but most people who saw the stones in 72 are not and say so loudly.

if a kid is 13 and his parents listen to aerosmith, the stones, and led zeppelin, that kid is going to be less inclined to listen to the new young rock bands and instead listen to say rap or electronica. (if the baby boomers had all said that the black crowes and the white stripes were awful and the devil's music then perhaps those bands would have been monster successes instead of just moderate ones.)

indeed one reason rap music is so popular with white audiences of a certain age is because their baby boomer parents generally hate it. and so the cycle goes on. keith is simply perpetuating it, to his advantage and justin beiber et al.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-14 08:37 by Turner68.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: September 14, 2015 05:05

Sad Keith...... Very sad!

Date: September 14, 2015 05:56

mtaylor
Rip This

And sure, I agree with Keith, pure crap.

Dude..."What Do You Mean" was released on 8/28...almost 60M views in 2 weeks...JB IS the music business.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home