Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: O/T U2 - 6 Irish Dates to finish tour
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 11, 2015 20:46

Two knuckleheads for hijacking the thread in the first two answers. thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-11 20:46 by Koen.

U2 blah blah blah
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 18, 2015 00:10

Read a few time these last weeks YouTwo are claiming the status of being The Greatest (Rock and Roll) Band On Earth in 2015...
I only got one CD (Achtung Baby) and a 12"inch vinyl (When Love Comes To Town) because KEITH RICHARDS is on the B-side.
U2 don't ROCK and they don't ROLL in my opinion.
Am I wrong thinking THE ROLLING STONES are LONELY AT THE TOP since 1962?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-18 00:11 by RipThisBone.

Re: U2 blah blah blah
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 18, 2015 00:15

U2 the most over rated band in the world

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 18, 2015 00:20

They are a great group. Maybe the last of the greatest bands ever and the best of the new bands. But their last good album was all that you cant leave behind published in 2001.

.. and I am not a fan of this band

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-18 00:26 by pepganzo.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:07

pepganzo
They are a great group. Maybe the last of the greatest bands ever and the best of the new bands. But their last good album was all that you cant leave behind published in 2001.

.. and I am not a fan of this band
That about covers it. They are a great band, and the last "recognizable" widely accepted great band to most. IMO they were never a "rock and roll" band like the Stones, but they do make great music. They've kind of been dogged by bad press and bad antics, which is both their fault and others. They are overrated, but they are also a great group of musicians that make good music. Maybe not in awhile, but they were and still are to a certain respect a great band. If you don't get swept into all the hype, its much easier to be a fan of them. You just like what you like and don't what you don't. I'd never call them the best of anything (live show, rock band), but they have made their mark in the last 35 years and to deny that is crazy.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:23

I am not a U2 fan as such, but I recognise their greatness.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:27

i was a huge U2 fan at one point ... but the Pop album ruined it for me, haven't been into them much since then.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: September 18, 2015 01:57

It's funny to see Stones fans get so defensive when an opinion differing from theirs is expressed. Who's the greatest? Who cares!

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 18, 2015 02:15

Really like U2, always have. Nothing to compare.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 18, 2015 02:18

Oh so some ruffles got ruffled again by U2 eh?

Give it a rest.

How come anyone except the Stones gives a crap about this greatest in the world thing? U2 do it clearly out of fun.

Although the recent SONGS OF INNOCENCE is a long ways off from being a great U2 album, it's nowhere near as bad as RATTLE & HUM. Only POP comes that close - and it even has some awesome tunes on it that are not the usual U2.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 18, 2015 03:36

RipThisBone
Read a few time these last weeks YouTwo are claiming the status of being The Greatest (Rock and Roll) Band On Earth in 2015...
I only got one CD (Achtung Baby) and a 12"inch vinyl (When Love Comes To Town) because KEITH RICHARDS is on the B-side.
U2 don't ROCK and they don't ROLL in my opinion.
Am I wrong thinking THE ROLLING STONES are LONELY AT THE TOP since 1962?

i've heard that said about many,many bands over the years.keiths answer to it was the best "it's a different band every night"

my answer to that was "yeah but who was it on more nights than anyone else?"

well.you know what kinda band you got...

Date: September 18, 2015 03:44

looks like i'm the only one who likes pop

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: September 18, 2015 06:15

LeonidP
i was a huge U2 fan at one point ... but the Pop album ruined it for me, haven't been into them much since then.

Funny, I never really liked them until I heard the Pop album Staring at the sun, and Last night on earth turned me on to them. I haven't paid much attention to their last two/three albums though.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: September 18, 2015 06:38

I will never understand why U2 haters feel the need to start threads, make Facebook/Twitter posts, or write articles about their hatred. It's like they're absolutely mystified that U2 are a popular band, and they're trying to convert everyone to hate them.

I'm a HUGE U2 fan, have been for 20 years. Love POP, and Zoprops is my favorite album. Loved ATYCLB, although I think HTDAAB and NLOTH leave much to be desired. I really love their new album. It really struck a chord with me. Some hated it, some loved it, some never gave it a chance because of the Apple scandal.

U2 are a great live band. You'd have to REALLY hate U2 to not enjoy at least part of their concert. U2 get a bad rap around here because they took the Stones gross record away.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 18, 2015 07:15

If you don't have anything nice to say, like a band you don't like, please do not start an off topic thread on IORR about it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 18, 2015 21:02

Oh no you are not... 'Pop' is one of my all-time favorite albums, by anyone.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 18, 2015 21:04

keefriffhard4life

Oh no you are not... Pop is one of my all-time favorite albums, by anyone.

(Sorry... tried to delete the previous reply in which I forgot to quote the comment I was replying to, but it doesn't seem to want to delete.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-18 21:11 by Tate.

Re: OT: U2 - 6 Irish Dates to finish tour
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 18, 2015 23:57

Rcok bands don't save the world. That's Bono's biggest mistake. Apart from that yes U2 is a good small/harmless band.

Just spend an afternoon listening to Muse and you'll quickly realize U2 ain't bad at all. >grinning smiley<

Re: OT: U2 - 6 Irish Dates to finish tour
Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 19, 2015 01:18

[www.panarabiaenquirer.com]

Re- the 6 Irish shows,they probably just wanted to top up their tour earnings by finishing with some tax-free shows!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 21, 2015 06:51

keefriffhard4life

Nah. I like it. It's not great, there are some really good tunes on it but there are things about it that are... off. Saw that tour. Good show.

They were too concerned with topping ACHTUNG BABY/ZOO TV/ZOOROPA. They got over it.

OT: U2 show in Sweden stopped/cancelled because of something tonight.
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 20, 2015 23:41

thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-21 00:36 by RipThisBone.

Re: OT: U2 show in Sweden stopped because of something tonight.
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: September 21, 2015 00:02

Kind of cryptic...you mean they started the show and then they stopped at some point? With no explanation?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 21, 2015 00:08

Where's Olly ???.... he'll know what it means .... Hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 21, 2015 00:08

The Globe Theatre was evacuated around 8PM tonight, with no reason given to fans beyond vague comments from security staff about a possible "threat".

[entertainment.ie]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 21, 2015 00:09

from u2tour.de:

Konzert in Stockholm abgesagt - neuer Termin Dienstag (22.)

Das für heute Abend angesetzte 3. Konzert in Stockholm musste aufgrund eines Sicherheitsvorfalles abgesagt werden.
Da sich offenbar eine bewaffnete Person Zutritt zur Halle verschafft hat wurde der Einlass gegen 19:20 Uhr gestoppt. Alle bereits in der Halle befindlichen Zuschauer mit Sitzplatzkarten mussten die Halle verlassen. Zunächst gab es die Info, dies sei wegen gefälschter Karten. Dann wurde bekannt, dass ein größerer Polizeieinsatz stattfindet um die Person zu finden. Die Zuschauer im Innenraum mussten mehrmals auf die Tribüne und wurden durchsucht.
Aktuell (22:20 Uhr) ist die Halle nur im Innenraum mit Zuschauern belegt - die Tribünen sind leer und die Eingangstüren geschlossen.
Update: 22:30 Uhr - das Konzert ist für heute abgesagt und wird am kommenden Dienstag (22.09.) nachgeholt.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 21, 2015 00:19

In English although still a bit vague. Sounds like someone with a gun got into the concert and they decided it was too much of a risk to continue with the thread of a shooting. No doubt the band concurred.

from u2tour.de 09.20.2015 New Event Tuesday (22) - Concert in Stockholm canceled The scheduled for tonight 3rd concert in Stockholm had to be canceled because of a security incident. was since has apparently procured an armed person access to the hall stopped intake against 19:20 clock. All already in the hall with spectator seating cards had to leave the hall. First there was the information that this was because of false cards. Then it was announced that a major police operation takes place in order to find the person. The spectators in the interior had repeatedly the whistle and were searched. Currently (22:20 clock) is the hall is only in the interior with spectators - the stands are empty and the doors closed. Update: 22:30 clock - the concert is for canceled today and will be next Tuesday (09.22.) rescheduled.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 21, 2015 00:28

Re: OT: U2 show in Sweden stopped/cancelled because of something tonight.
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 21, 2015 01:10

Here is the latest news, in English, from the local newspapers: [www.aftonbladet.se]
[www.expressen.se]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2015 01:15

Wow - evidently the guy is not a big fan, but shame on the security for letting him in to begin with.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 21, 2015 14:02

A U2 gimmick due to poor critics....

Bono wanted U2 to get some attention....

smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home