Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Stones, no strings
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 20, 2015 21:48

String us up. We still won't die.

Re: The Stones, no strings
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 20, 2015 22:39

The reason I brought it up was because of the choirs they've been using for the encore on YCAGWYW. It was lovely and gave the song a closer feel to its origins. Yes, the Stones are essentially a five piece, but they are the Stones because they are more than a rock and roll band. As Tears Go By with a string quartet, fantastic. Moonlight Mile. I'd love to hear. She's A Rainbow with the original arrangement, but no Chuck 'Tinkles' Leavell on piano please. It seems a shame to waste a big chunk of their songbook just to play It's Only A Tumbling Devil for the millionth time.

And I like the idea of a separate kind of concert, filmed for DVD, of rarities and such. And that would be a great excuse to bring in 'guests' like Mick T and Bill (drag him in by his 78-year-old fingernails). It's getting pretty near the end of the ride. I've stopped seeing their live act because it pretty much hasn't changed in 13 years. They really should come up with some novel ideas before the circus tent closes for the last time.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home