Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Kansas City was the best Zip Code show
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 02:21

I saw four shows on the tour, Kansas City was not one of them. I have listened to all the shows I wasn't at except the Belly Up for lack of a source. Performance wise, this is the best show of the tour to me, bar none. I felt the same way about Philly 2 on 50 & Counting....It was just completely obvious and apparent.

Thoughts?

Re: Kansas City was the best Zip Code show
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 03:17

mnewman505
I saw four shows on the tour, Kansas City was not one of them. I have listened to all the shows I wasn't at except the Belly Up for lack of a source. Performance wise, this is the best show of the tour to me, bar none. I felt the same way about Philly 2 on 50 & Counting....It was just completely obvious and apparent.

Thoughts?

can you share what you liked about the KC show?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 19, 2015 03:22

I was there and it kicked ass, haven't heard 'em all tho.

Posted by: gimmekeef ()
Date: August 19, 2015 04:52

Would love to hear the KC show then. Of my 44 shows over the years Atlanta 2015 is top 5.Is there a decent KC boot around? Thanks

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: August 19, 2015 06:03

I attended Mpls, Milwaukee, KC and Indianapolis and I thought the KC show was the best by far. They sounded crisp and pulled it all together for a fantastic show. The energy of both Keef and Mick on Street Fighting Man was one of my highlights of the tour. Top it all off with Rod Stewart in the crowd and a beautiful evening and it truly was a special show.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 19, 2015 07:34

AJDuffer
I attended Mpls, Milwaukee, KC and Indianapolis and I thought the KC show was the best by far. They sounded crisp and pulled it all together for a fantastic show. The energy of both Keef and Mick on Street Fighting Man was one of my highlights of the tour. Top it all off with Rod Stewart in the crowd and a beautiful evening and it truly was a special show.
Agree. Out of 40 some shows since 1975, it was one of the best I have ever seen. SFM kicked ass.

Posted by: HollywoodStone ()
Date: August 19, 2015 08:28

I had 15 of my best friends with me on the field for my bachelor party and this show had everything! The weather was absolutely perfect for any locale, especially KC in the summer. This definitely set the tone for the night. The tailgating was amazing. The band played off the crowd and vice versa. Amazing night. I also saw the show with my (now) wife in San Diego and that was a great show too. They weren't as smooth as the KC show though, but still very fun.

Some of my friends are musicians, they know and like the Stones, but aren't die hard fans like me. Some friends were very casual fans and only know the hits. Every single one of them has told me several times this was the best concert they ever saw and are now HUGE fans and listening to more of them. A few of them have been asking me when their next tour is so they can see them again.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 11:27

Yes! How great were "Kansas City", "Beast of Burden", "Street Fighting Man" what a pity I couldn't attend!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 11:48 by 1962.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: August 19, 2015 12:19

yessmiling smiley, KC was a winner

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 12:26

"Street Fightin Man" from this show is an 11 on a scale from 1 to 10

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 19, 2015 14:57

says you . i say Milwaukee, followed by Pittsburgh

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 15:22

TheGreek
I was at both of these, do you really want me to embarrass you by posting a video of the HTW from Milwaukee?

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: August 19, 2015 15:28

Hollywood Stone, we also took some Stones rookies and all four of them were totally amazed and continue talking about the show to this day. One of the guys said he has seen over 500 concerts in his life and this was by far his best. When I asked him why, he said "the Stones are the best live band at bringing the music at you with power, passion and energy."

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 19, 2015 15:37

mnewman505

Thoughts?

Glad you saw a great show, that's what I'm thinking. smoking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 19, 2015 15:51

Arlington was far above all the other gigs...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 19, 2015 17:06

Buffalo was the best of all the ones I saw.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 19, 2015 17:31

San Diego was the Best!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 19, 2015 19:35

mnewman505
TheGreek
I was at both of these, do you really want me to embarrass you by posting a video of the HTW from Milwaukee?
no please play the one from Heinz field and then you will understand

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 19, 2015 19:50

AJDuffer

I decided not to go to KC and realized at the time I was making a mistake but I needed a travel break. I did go to the other three shows.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 19, 2015 20:08

I went to 5 shows. I would pick Buffalo as the best.

Posted by: HollywoodStone ()
Date: August 19, 2015 20:33

AJDuffer
Hollywood Stone, we also took some Stones rookies and all four of them were totally amazed and continue talking about the show to this day. One of the guys said he has seen over 500 concerts in his life and this was by far his best. When I asked him why, he said "the Stones are the best live band at bringing the music at you with power, passion and energy."

Yep, your friend nailed it with his statement. One of my friends is a pretty good guitar/mandolin player and knows his stuff. He thought Ronnie was the star of the show, but loved how they all performed. I kept telling these guys I couldn't oversell how good the Stones still are and they even exceeded my expectations with the KC show.

They absolutely killed SFM and we were so lucky to have been there. My wedding was a week ago Saturday and my buddies and I were still talking about the show.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 21:10

Cooltoplady

I was at 7, Buffalo the best

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 20, 2015 04:06

KC was the only show I saw, but I've seen a few shows per tour for the past few tours and this was the first time I recall really being in awe, especially with the energy of Street Fighting Man.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 04:16

Stones50
Cooltoplady

I was at 7, Buffalo the best

Buffalo has to be one of the best shows out of the 30 shows I have seen over the last 15 years.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 20, 2015 05:07

Glad to see some votes for Buffalo. Outstanding show.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: August 21, 2015 01:40

gimmekeef
Would love to hear the KC show then. Of my 44 shows over the years Atlanta 2015 is top 5.Is there a decent KC boot around? Thanks

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: August 21, 2015 02:44

DEmerson
Glad to see some votes for Buffalo. Outstanding show.

At the Buffalo show I attended (my only one from this tour), I was sitting next to a guy who saw 5 shows on the Zip Code tour (including KC). After the show, he remarked to the others in his group that Buffalo was the best of the bunch.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 21, 2015 02:44

7 shows and KC was the best. perfect summer night, good venue, great crowd and customer friendly security in the venue.

but plenty of highlights from the first show onward.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: August 21, 2015 03:22

My mate Ben went to every show (excluding the 2 club gigs) on the Zipcode Tour and he said KC was the best.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 21, 2015 03:27

ATL

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home