Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Vintage Trouble's New Album 1 Hopeful Rd
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: August 13, 2015 10:29

The album comes out tomorrow the 14th. Produced by Don Was. I read a review from Paste Magazine saying it was a little slow, but we will soon know. Vintage Trouble has been one of my favorite bands since I first saw them back in 2012. Anybody else excited about the new record?

Re: OT - Vintage Trouble's New Album 1 Hopeful Rd
Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: August 13, 2015 13:22

I love ´em more than any other new band! I hated missing them at John Varvatos / CBGB in NYC only for a few days in summer of ´12, finally saw them opening up for ACDC in Germany this summer. They were superb, only their debut is still better.
The songs, the sound (esp. the voice and the guitar), the attitude - gotta love ´em.
I´ll be there at the iTunes store tomorrow :-) and then at my record dealer´s a few days later.
cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: August 13, 2015 14:10

Love VT. Looking forward to the new album and seeing them live, again! What a show. What a band.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: August 13, 2015 15:28

Saw them open for The Who in '12...still watch their video from Glastonbury!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 13, 2015 15:58

I'll certainly be checking this out.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 13, 2015 16:43

I wasn't at The Stones Hyde Park shows but Vintage Trouble were at one, if not both gigs as support.
Got very good reviews.
Also were at Hyde Park a few weeks ago when The Who played.
On a different stage so didn't get a chance to see them.
Here's Glastonbury.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: kait ()
Date: August 13, 2015 23:23

Fillmore
I love ´em more than any other new band!

thumbs up

First time I saw them opening for AC/DC here in Austria this summer, really great!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 13, 2015 23:23

Saw them open for The Who in 2013 and then for the Stones at HP2, frontman was quite impressive, the rest of the band? Dunno, sounded a bit "derivative"/"unoriginal" but certainly game to listen to their new album.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: August 14, 2015 10:13

Just heard the new album. I like it! Thought my girlfriend might end up pregnant! smiling smiley Favorite song is Angel City, California.

[url=

][/url]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 14, 2015 11:54

Tasty

Rod

Date: December 1, 2015 13:22

Well, it feels a bit sicko to see me quoting myself, but

Fillmore
I love ´em more than any other new band!

Last night VT played in a club in Munich, Germany with an audience of about, let me guess, 600 people, maybe less. Man, did they kick butt! Hadn´t seen a líve show like that in years (last time i was almost as happy w/ a newcomer show was the magnificent Saint Jude in front of 100 people in 2010. Lynne, where are you now...? and where´s your band?).

The looks, the stage acting, the sound, the style, the energy, the songs, the feel, that frontman - baby!

They´re still on tour in Europe, don´t miss them if you like a "Otis Redding on steroids as the singer for Led Zeppelin"-kinda band. Highly recommended!

Cheers, fillmore

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 2, 2015 19:11

Yep another vote for VT...seen them 8 times and every time have been great. I have been lucky enough to see them in 8 different small venues in London since 2011

Favela Chic
Jazz Cafe
Electric Ballroom
Bush Hall
Electric Brixton
Islington Assembly Hall
KoKo
Kentish Town Forum

Ha ha ...so lucky to live in the Greatest City in the World. My humble opinion is that they haven't quite cut it in the studio yet but there are some great moments both on first album Bomb Shelter Sessions and 1 Hopeful Rd. Go see them if you can you won't regret it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-02 19:15 by exhpart.

Date: December 2, 2015 21:49

exhpart
...seen them 8 times and every time have been great. I have been lucky enough to see them in 8 different small venues in London since 2011

Lucky you!

The Bomb Shelter Sessions hit me with both fists, a complete turn-on! The new record is a little step behind, in my opinion, but still great. Especially, if you compare it to what other new bands come up with. Again, only Saint Jude´s "Diary Of A Soul Fiend" is in the same league for me).
I was glad to see those extraordinary gentlemen in a small club. The AC DC support slot didn´t do them justice.

Cheerio, Fillmore

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 3, 2015 08:25

Just saw them last night in a small club out of milano. Small and packed place. Very good concert, they gave it all. The new album is ok, the next one will be the most important to see if they will take off or not

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: December 3, 2015 16:17

Great band........Love this from Later with Jools Holland 2011

What a drag it is gettin' old

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home