Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Rest In Peace, Cilla Black
Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: August 3, 2015 21:15

More Hot Rocks
Stones50
odean73
Hate to rain on the parade, but if you think her records or voice are up there, well what can i say she was a run of the mill singer.

An air stewardess friend of mine had the misfortune of ahving to look after her on a flight and she said she was one of the worst celebs she had looked after.

she was also a tory/thatcher supporter so i rest my case.

I will say RIP thou.

AGAIN, The LEFT chimes in! using this type of RIP post!!!What a disgrace you are. But when someone else with a different POV...well, watch out!

What do you mean by LEFT and why do yo say that?

He's making things political. Not to bright.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 3, 2015 21:23

she wasnt really my cup of tea, never liked surprise surprise or blind date and certainly didnt dig her music, but she seemed to be a very decent person, no smut or vulgarity that you see from so many of todays famous tv people, no controversy or badmouthing others, she was down to earth and gained a lot of admirers from the way she lived her life.

sad news of her passing.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: August 3, 2015 22:21

R.I.P.

I used to love her back in the 60s when I still lived in Germany, even styled my hair after hers but over the years I lost track of her. She's not too well known here in the U.S. I think.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 3, 2015 23:20

As an American, I only knew of her because she had hits with the Burcharach songs, but never really heard her versions until recently. I recently just discovered a video of her recording Alfie at Abbey Road studios...I'll say this: she may have lacked the vocal delicacy of Dusty and Dionne, but her version of Alfie just slays every other version. After perfectionist Burt had put her through some tough takes, at about 4:19, its like she just decided to just give it all she had and let go. Her voice had an edge to it and in this, it gives the song more urgency and poignancy.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-03 23:21 by stupidguy2.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home